Exhaust choices for LP640

Plastique999

Finally picking up an 09 LP640 roadster!!

Looking into exhaust choices - don't want to be the new guy that gets the "go search" answer. I have searched quite a bit and just wanted opinions since there are so many choices - MS racing, RSC, Fabspeed, Larini, Kreissig, etc.

Looking for high pitched clean F1 sound not too terribly loud since it's a roadster.

Also need to get around CA smog compliance. Also do these trigger CEL's?

Any opinions and vid clips are greatly appreciated.

Cel's happen in murcies so you'll just have to get used to that. Keep your primary cats and you'll be CA smog compliant easily. Kreissig sounds great and has valvetronic so you can make it quieter when you want to. Most murcie exhaust sound is behind you so it's 80% louder just behind the car than sitting in the cockpit.

LNB/LOC is quieter than other non-muffler exhaust.

RSC original design is loud (love it)

RSC new design incorporates the secondary cat & muffler delete into one system and has an X pipe

MS is super loud because it deletes primary cats

All exhausts can be made stupid loud by deleting the primary cats. LOC/LNB have a lot of mid RPM drone when catless.

Here are some clips:

RSC original with secondary delete:

LNB/LOC with secondary delete:

LNB/LOC with primary & secondary delete:

My X pipe design with secondary delete:

I have Capristo on mine & like it. Has normal button and wake the neighbors button. Normal button comes in handy if you happen to see the local gumshoe around. My first video attempt below. Passed smog too, but primary cats in place.

Eddie I was set on changing mine as well, but the stock exhaust in the 640 with a roadster sounds very nice as is. If it was any louder it would be too loud. My ears actually are ringing a bit after a 90 minute run. Drive for a few hundred miles before you decide.

another option is Exhautech, it has a loud, obnoxious high pitch, not as clean as the Kreissieg though.

IPE for me its proven and value for money and the F1 high pitch sound for half the Kreissieg Exhaust. I'm on my second set on my second car.

I might be biased, but Kreissige all the way.

This is my car:

There is nothing like it, I have never heard anything even close to that sound. It's insane. People can hear me miles away, and that pitch and sound is ungodly. I don't regret a thing. It is very expensive, and I was fortunate enough that the previous owner spent the 15k or so... smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...