4wd overheating

Alexanyan_V

Wrong tire sizes would change the factory rolling diameter required for the Huracan...

When changing wheels or tire sizes on an AWD vehicle. You must keep as close to the same rolling diameter as factory tire specs. I not sure of the exact + or - tolerance allowed.

Otherwise you can cause damage to the AWD system ( I believe it is the viscous coupler or apex) and possibly void your warranty.

Wrong tire sizes would change the factory rolling diameter required for the Huracan...

When changing wheels or tire sizes on an AWD vehicle. You must keep as close to the same rolling diameter as factory tire specs. I not sure of the exact + or - tolerance allowed.

Otherwise you can cause damage to the AWD system ( I believe it is the viscous coupler or apex) and possibly void your warranty.

Yeah, i believe some Murcielagos had some issues when people put shit wheels on them that were looks only and not the proper spec.

I can't recall if the Aventadors had the same issue.

Yeah, i believe some Murcielagos had some issues when people put shit wheels on them that were looks only and not the proper spec.

I can't recall if the Aventadors had the same issue.

Not just wheels, even tires.

To the OP. 4wd overheating means you're going to buy a new front diff if they don't cover it on warranty.

This is a screenshot taken from an acceleration video from 0-340 Km/h done by a German Magazine called "Auto-Motor-Sport".

They used Trofeo R´s with 235/35 R20 and 305/30 R20, so the front tire size was way larger than the standard 245/30 R20. They used them because the Trofeo Rs werent available in the correct sizes yet

This is a screenshot taken from an acceleration video from 0-340 Km/h done by a German Magazine called "Auto-Motor-Sport".

They used Trofeo R´s with 235/35 R20 and 305/30 R20, so the front tire size was way larger than the standard 245/30 R20. They used them because the Trofeo Rs werent available in the correct sizes yet

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/jump-onboa...-top-speed-run/

Thanks for the explanation.

Now why is your IP the same as the OP?

Based on the above data and assuming both tyres were new, according to tire rack specs, the AWD rolling diameter front and rear difference was 3.0%.

This is less than the maximum allowable difference of 4% for Audi /Lambos, so front diff should not have overheated.

The speed shown is a touch optimistic as oem speedometers over read from my lambo/audi experience by about 3%, so more likely 325 km/hr, the gps top speed for a Huracan.

Just my two cents worth,

cheers,

john

Based on the above data and assuming both tyres were new, according to tire rack specs, the AWD rolling diameter front and rear difference was 3.0%.

This is less than the maximum allowable difference of 4% for Audi /Lambos, so front diff should not have overheated.

The speed shown is a touch optimistic as oem speedometers over read from my lambo/audi experience by about 3%, so more likely 325 km/hr, the gps top speed for a Huracan.

Just my two cents worth,

cheers,

john

Sure, GPS differs from the indicated 340 kmh. I was just mentioning that many magazines at that time were provided with a Huracan equipped with Trofeo R´s in that size and that might have caused it.