2005 E-Gear Gallardo vs. C6 Z06...

Clax

I'm not totally surprised. 1. 35 mph roll is ideal for the G. 2. E gear helps, even if the Plastic mess-06 driver is good, he would have to be world class to even it up. 3. I hear the G is under-rated on hp/tq. It seems to perform better than expected. From what I understand, the Murci and G-car are very close in a roll-on race, at least up to 125 or so. Beware the new G with 520 & better gearing :supz:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clax, good kill.

I am a new poster and soon to be owner of a C6 Plastic mess-06 in June. I am not here to start any trouble, but would like to ask you to a friendly race when I get my car in June. If I remember correctly, you live in Canada. I think I have seen that on your profile somewhere on a different forum. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Anyways, I am from MI, and if you are indeed from Canada, maybe you will be up to a friendly race when I get my car early June. I want to do this race and get it on tape to simply stop all the bs about these cars and really see which of the two cars is faster. The only thing I ask is to race from a 2nd gear roll due to traction. Besides, this will give us a true measurement since we both will have 100% traction, hence, showing the true potential of the car rather than the potential of the tires.

So, in conclusion, nice killon the C6 Z. But, I will believe it when your bone stock G-car beats me in my bone stock Z. If you are up to it, please let me know and we can arrange something for June.

Whatever you like, but I'm not driving to Michigan to prove anything. Sorry you don't believe it, not much I can do about that. I was fully prepared to lose (based on all the media reports), and wouldn't really have cared if I had. No big deal.

Whatever you like, but I'm not driving to Michigan to prove anything. Sorry you don't believe it, not much I can do about that. I was fully prepared to lose (based on all the media reports), and wouldn't really have cared if I had. No big deal.

Clax, you do not have to drive to MI. I am willing to drive to Canada with my buddy who has a 98 Viper to video tape this. So, the only thing you would have to do is show up.. :mrgreen:

I also want to admire your beautiful car, if you don't mind. I am looking to purchase one (A G-car) after the C6 Plastic mess-06.

Sounds good to me.

Great, I will PM you through this site when time comes near. I am looking forward to the race, seeing your car, along with meeting you. See you soon.

Sounds good to me.

Great, I will PM you through this site when time comes near. I am looking forward to the race, seeing your car, along with meeting you. See you soon.

Sorry to invite myself but i am in too.I won't miss this one :mrgreen:

Sounds good to me.

Sounds great. Should be a lot of fun. We will talk more in detail where we want to meet later on through pm's.

My buddy and I are really looking forward to this. He will be bringing his bolt on 98 Viper also.

p.s.- BMWRACER and Clax, are both your cars bone stock?

Mine is bone stock, BMWRACER's is not.

Ok, thanks for the update. I think the main race then will be between you and I since he is not stock and you are. But, that doesn't mean BMWRACER and I wont play a little for giggles.

It is relatively stock.Exhaust and intake.No engine mods.Seems to make a difference mind you

It is relatively stock.Exhaust and intake.No engine mods.Seems to make a difference mind you

No problem, we will still have some fun.. :)

I think the person driving Arams car makes a bigger difference than the mods he's made...

Im in CAli, stock murci ready to race!

Hey Allan, if you are able to make it to Canada in June you are more than welcome to join..Maybe you can make arrangements?

This could get more interesting than I thought.. :mrgreen:

Sounds good to me.

BMWracer, the best self invite i've seen!!!way to go! :supz:

I live in England, but even i cant wait for this!!

I have to call BS on this. My buddy owns a 2004 E-gear Gallardo and a new Plastic mess-06. The new Z absolutely crushes the Gallardo, Period. There is no competition whatsoever.

I know I will get flamed for this but, oh well. I've driven both, and there is no way a Gallardo would pull on a new Z.

I have to call BS on this. My buddy owns a 2004 E-gear Gallardo and a new Plastic mess-06. The new Z absolutely crushes the Gallardo, Period. There is no competition whatsoever.

I know I will get flamed for this but, oh well. I've driven both, and there is no way a Gallardo would pull on a new Z.

I know Clax and he has no reason to BS whatsoever.You don't believe it,too bad.

As far as driving both,unless the difference is huge,you wouldn't be able tell by feel.Some cars feel faster than others while having the same performance

As far as driving both,unless the difference is huge,you wouldn't be able tell by feel.Some cars feel faster than others while having the same performance

The difference is HUGE. I'm not talking a minimal difference here. The Plastic mess-06 is MUCH faster.

This doesn't mean by any means that I think the Z is an all around better car, but as far as performance, the Z wins hands down.

I have to call BS on this. My buddy owns a 2004 E-gear Gallardo and a new Plastic mess-06. The new Z absolutely crushes the Gallardo' date=' Period. There is no competition whatsoever.  

I know I will get flamed for this but, oh well. I've driven both, and there is no way a Gallardo would pull on a new Z.[/quote']

The difference is HUGE. I'm not talking a minimal difference here. The Plastic mess-06 is MUCH

It obviously isn't and until you race one yourself please refrain from calling other members bullshitters.

I have raced one in my 2002 Plastic mess-06 and we were right next to each other up to about 140 and then I let off.

I have raced one in my 2002 Plastic mess-06 and we were right next to each other up to about 140 and then I let off.

The Gallardo is faster than a C5 Plastic mess-06 through any measurement (0-60, 0-100, 1/4 mile, 0-150). In some cases dramatically so.

I tire of the constant "NO IT'S NOT POSSIBLE WAH WAH WAH" POS children. It happened. Deal with it.

Thread locked.

I am going to unlock it just to add my 2cents.Sorry Mako.

Regarding your 02 Plastic mess-06,i raced one on the Highway last week in my Bentley GT and it wasn't even close.The Bentley is not as fast as the Gallardo .I guess i am bullshitting too :finga: :finga: