Veyron

LV Eric

joe move this after a couple days I just wanted it to be seen. thx.

I'm seriously considering one I have had the contract to buy one for along time and now that the bugs seem to be worked out it might be time.

My question is what do you think of the future of this car is? will it be the next McLaren or fall of the face of the earth like the EB110 did?

I would have to sell off 3-4 of my cars to do it and thats cool if its a keeper but if its a way-to-fast-novilty that is awalys broken etc, it dosent make sense. And with the DOT rule changes on the horizon someone told me about (of which i know nothing) how long will they be importable?

should I consolidate or keep what I have or wait a bit more?

damn i love chocolate chip cookies.you know the ones with the really big chocolate chipsin the center,and that are nice and warm and melt in your mouth. gosh i so want one

Try to test drive one? If your really conflicted on if you want to get one or not then you probably shouldnt because youll probably feel guilty afterwards.

have you ever thought of getting a Mclaren F1? (I dont know if any are on sale now in the US)

No way to tell what will happen with a Veyron.Buy an Enzo and you will be almost guaranteed not to lose money.

I personally would not sell 3 or 4 cars just to buy the Veyron.Alo,IMO the veyron is not a real sportscar,way too heavy to be tossable.You want a fast grand tourer it is the car for you.Otherwise stay away.

The Veyron may become legendary. It will be very hard to get a higher top speed in the future. 40 years from now, it may be a high water mark for HP and speed. When gas is $5/gal in the US and $10 elsewhere no one will make another Veyron and your car will be a classic. Compared to an Enzo it even seems a bargain from a performance standpoint.

Also, with Volkswagen as the parent group- i would be surprised if there were any reliability problems.

This forum, aside from a very select few individuals, cannot answer your question. No forum can.

You need to drive it, and then it will be as apparant as black and white as to what your answer is Eric.

As far as longevity, Volkswagen has poured a tremendous amount of money into Bugatti, and the marque will exist, and expand with multiple models, for the next decade. Which is a stark constrast versus the previous iteration of Bugatti in the early 90s.

Set up a drive.

I have a Veyron for sale that someone just offered me. The car is on the ground ready to go.

-Read Jeremy Clarksons article about the Veyron. He says the car makes the Enzo feel slow...

-IMHO It is a symbol of excess and power. I know of 3 Mclaren F1s for sale because of people buying Veyrons, this is the new Ultimate car.

From what I've read and seen, I love the Veyron.

It's got the luxury of a Phantom with more speed than an Enzo!

That car driving god of a man* called Clarkson even said it handled like a big Elise! If that's true, thats amazing. It's going to be rare so I'd take an option if you fancied one.

*just kidding... :lol:

The Veyron is scheduled to be on next Sunday's Top Gear in the UK. They just showed a clip of it on next week's show and it looks like it could be interesting.

Do not trade your cars for the Veyron, keep them and buy one later, I still can see an Enzo in your near future.

what cars do you have to sell ? I'd imagine a GTR (both?) and a Phantom at least. The stradale? please tell me your not selling the murci for this.

Personnally, i would not sell multiple cars to buy one. But thats just me.

Get an Enzo, then get a Veyron second hand down the line.

I love the Veyron, and would definitely prefer it to the Enzo. I saw some pics of a 2 tone pshop silver/yellow that looked fantastic.

from a wiseman (really)...

"The Veyron, like the SLR, was done the wrong way around. The styling was done as a show car, and with hp power and top speed figures to meet, it needed time and $ to find solutions to problems they should never have had. Veyron is behind the F1 and SLR in aerodynamics in that it's a hybrid construction where the other two were all carbon. However, the engine and transmission are excellent, and it's not a bad car. But what is it really for? It feels so big, wide, intimidating to drive in the mountains, the vision is poor, ride and noise levels are terrible, a tiny trunk, and no room for stuff in the cabin. The real disappointment is it doesn't feel that quick in a normal road situation. Once you're going, there's loads of torque then power and the acceleration that goes with it, BUT there's turbo lag and far too much rotating mass. It's not a real-world supercar. Rather, on the track, the chuckability, steering, and braking shine. It's much more enjoyable on the track than in the mountains."

get the Veyron if you'll take your friends to the track and give them rides, show them what 1001 hp feels like when the turbos get going.

get the F1 for a real-world supercar.

my 2 cents. your millions.

Those are the words of Gordon Murray, who is possibly somewhat biased due to the fact that there's finally a car available that is faster, in all measurements, (likely including around the Ring) than his F1.

As I said earlier, driving one is the only option that will answer the question of whether you should pursue it or not.

yes, Gordon Murray is the wiseman. and yes, the Veyron should be faster than the F1, afterall, it has been 10 years. but the fact cannot be argued, lighter cars are more fun all around (street, track, etc.) than heavy pigs like the Veyron.

oh, not to mention that you have to come to a stop (there's no fun in stopping to go fast), insert the silly key on the side to go warp speed...what happened to just pedal to the metal?

At first I didn't like the styling of the Veyron but I am starting to like it a little more. Unlike the Enzo, Mclaren, and the other "debatable" supercars on this planet the Veyron is the undisputed king of power and speed. It wont be king in the handling department but it wont be that bad. If it is true that you can run the Mclaren to 120 before starting in the Veron and still beat it to 200 , You can bet it would be tops on my list. That is TRULY mind-blowing when you think about. There is nothing on 4 wheels that has ever left the factory that can run with this "machine" on the road. To have the true fastest most powerful car in the world is something in its self and something that only a true handful will ever experience. I dont think I would sell all of the toys that Eric has to get it but I would have to think about it. If I could manage to keep one of the GTR's and still pull off the Veron I think I would do it.

No way to tell what will happen with a Veyron.Buy an Enzo and you will be almost guaranteed not to lose money.

I personally would not sell 3 or 4 cars just to buy the Veyron.Alo,IMO the veyron is not a real sportscar,way too heavy to be tossable.You want a fast grand tourer it is the car for you.Otherwise stay away.

I totally agree. If you do decide to get a Veyron wait a year or two to see if the car will actually do good in the market. Until then try out an Enzo, Mclaren F1, or even a Zonda. All three cars i'm sure will meet your needs.

yes, Gordon Murray is the wiseman.  and yes, the Veyron should be faster than the F1, afterall, it has been 10 years.  but the fact cannot be argued, lighter cars are more fun all around (street, track, etc.) than heavy pigs like the Veyron.

Again (this is getting to be a habit with you), unless you've driven one yourself, or a similar car in that class, you have no opinion to offer. For all you know, the Veyron could the be the lightest feeling car of all time.

Surely it's not, but you get my point. ;)

Eric, if you are going to keep those in the stable I would SERIOUSLY consider it just because it is the current king of speed and is the bench mark supercar for the new millennium. I have read quite a bit on it and even though its styling is controversial it is nothing short of a marvel on 4 wheels. 900 plus ft lbs of torque at 2500 RPM is mind blowing for a car that is fresh off the show room floor.