Updated, 620hp: New Ferrari 599GTB shots (575M replacement)

Mako

I liked the lines of the original Miura a LOT more than the GT, even though the Miura was admittedly a loosely based derivative of the Ford.

Is that fact or speculation? There are a lot of similarities in the lines.

Fact. The designer of the original Miura freely admited that his design was an hommage the GT-40 MKI.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked the lines of the original Miura a LOT more than the GT, even though the Miura was admittedly a loosely based derivative of the Ford.

Fact. The designer of the original Miura freely admited that his design was an hommage the GT-40 MKI.

i am not sure Gandini ever admited it,

i know for sure he liked the GT40 as Dallara and other engineers involved in the project, they liked the GT, it was the race car of that time, they wanted to

make a car for the road that looked close to the top racers of the era...and they did it at BEST :mrgreen:

i am not sure Gandini ever admited it,

i know for sure he liked the GT40 as Dallara and other engineers involved in the project, they liked the GT, it was the race car of that time, they wanted to

make a car for the road that looked close to the top racers of the era...and they did it at BEST :mrgreen:

It's interesting to note that they didn't look towards the curvier P3 but followed the wedgier GT-40. I suspect they wanted not to have their car look like a Ferrari. This direction lead to the car you like so much as well as the Diablo/G/M.

As an aside IMO the 599 GTB should be the 499 GTB.

why dont they just call it the 600?

It should be called the 499 GTB

499x12=5999

One "Criticism", that the 599 has a similarity to the Z O 6 is interesting. My T-70 bears a similarity to my P 3/4 as it does to my MK-IV. In the metal these cars look quite different as I feel the Z O 6 and the 599 will, but there are many technical solutions that are the same because both cars were designed with the same parameters as were my T-70, P 3/4, and MK-IV, to win at Le Mans. (Z O 6 and 599 in class). The 550 and 575's have made great race cars and the 599 will be even better. Ultimately The buttress acts as a winglet on a F1 car creating vortices which serve to accelerate more air downward and thus create more down force, which of course then in turns helps the diffuser to work more efficiently. The subsequently channeled air (which would thus experience a pressure change) could in turn help to keep more air attached to the rear of the car and thus create more down force. It is interesting to note that the 599 needs no active spoiler a la the Merc SLR - another car with a similar mechanic layout and cooling solutions which would not be legal at Le Mans.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

.... Who designed this car???

And I agree that ever since the F355, it's gone downhill. I did like the 360, however. But after that, it's been bad...

• 3 weeks later...

Oh my.... I think they started getting crazy when the F-50 came out.... The F-50, however, looks great. Everything else that is "groundbreaking", or "ahead of it's time" is just plain apalling when produced out of Maranello. They need to get back to the basics.

-Ted

"ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM"

Nothing like spending a quarter of a million bucks for a fcuking Mazda.

hahahaha.... gold

• 2 weeks later...

Another fact showing the sad offshoring of engineering to the far east. After all, after seeing this, the new Lambo designs are actually pretty good under that perpective. I guess a little work on a 300z would give the same result for far less money