My take on the Bugatti Veyron

Bull_Attack

I just got back from test driving the Bugatti Veyron. 1001 HP $1 Million Euros (Which I believe is a very fair price for such a historical vehicle). The experience was great. W 16 Cylinders quad turbo. 0-60 in 2.5 seconds. Top speed 253 MPH. 250 to zero stopping in 10 seconds. Tires in the rear are 21 inch 365s. 4 tires cost 50K! Only 300 will be produced and VW the parent of Bugatti will be taking a loss of 6 Million on each vehicle. 7 speed transmission, double clutch. Shifting is almost incomprehensible as every upper gear is engaged while in a lower one (i.e. when in second, 3rd is already engaged ready to go).

The Veyron has 50% more horse power and 100% more torque than the Enzo!

This car has set such exciting parameters. You can cruise and have a comfortable conversation in a very civilized sort of quiet car, yet as soon as you punch it, it goes crazy. It is very fast and extremely manageable. It was a true joy to drive.

VW is taking such a loss to prove that technology is there. With this kind of marketing, they will make up on future model line ups of Bugatti, possibly 4 to 5 different models, ofcourse at lower prices, according to the representatives.

Bugatti just raised the standard so high that other manufacturers must be going crazy. It is very exciting to see the exotic car industry evolve to these levels. Now let's see how long it will take the Japanese to manufacture a sports car that will compete with the Bugaati at a fraction of the price!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good and accurate write-up, however I don't think Bugati such a loss on every car. The technologies developed for this car will find their way to the rest of VW sooner rather then later, the cost of R&D here will be offset by future VW car sales.

wow...not a dealer plate...taxes must have been a bitch on that car...

...those are dealer plates. "DLR" runs vertically.

EDIT, I stand corrected. I didn't see the pic where it shows "MFC". Same thing though :P

It's a manufacture plates, same thing.

Very good and accurate write-up, however I don't think Bugati such a loss on every car. The technologies developed for this car will find their way to the rest of VW sooner rather then later, the cost of R&D here will be offset by future VW car sales.

Absoultely. And it seems like VW knows the power of the internet. They have gotten a great deal of buzz going everywhere. The veyraon is like a concept car. Concept cars are a loss for that particular model, however the technology pays for itself in future models.

But the Veyron has not in anyways diminished my respect for my Lamborghinis. It actually made me more appreciative of what Lamborghinis offer.

PPPPPPPlease. If their is a Veyron buyer on this site, please kindly purchase an extra VIP sales book for me.

I will gladly pay you for the book up front !!

I would be thrilled to have the sales book for my collection.

Thank You !

OH.... I forgot Dr Vahe, are you getting $1.2 mil poorer ?? :lol:

That requires serious evaluation. It will be interesting to see how history will prove the Veyron. Will it go the rout of the EB 110 (which I don't believe so) or will it be viewed as a great investment? Since the car is being sold at 1 Million euros, perhaps we can buy the car for a few hundred thousand less, should the Euro weaken against the dollar in the next year or two!

PPPPPPPlease. If their is a Veyron buyer on this site, please kindly purchase an extra VIP sales book for me.

Thank You !

I'm by no means a V buyer but I will ask in BH Lambo for it next time I'll be there, those guys are willing to help and please when it comes to things like that.

Thank you...then why do certian cars run around with a BH. lambo plate and that's it...is that considered a dealer plate or a temp until tags arrive?

Wow! Oh My Gosh! It Is Very Strange To See This Here! I Just Saw This Very Same Car (Same License Plate) Saturday In Lamborghini Beverly Hills! I Know That Picture Is In Lamborghini Beverly Hills. But I Just Know It Was The Same Car That I Saw There! Did You Pay To Test Drive This Expensive Car? If Not That Much, Then I Would Test Drive It Next Time I Am There. I Go There Almost Twice Or Once A Week.

Thank You !

I'm by no means a V buyer but I will ask in BH Lambo for it next time I'll be there, those guys are willing to help and please when it comes to things like that.

Thank You

Gracias

Snoragalem

Todah Rabah

Merci

Obrigado

Cam On

Allah Akhbar

Thank you...then why do certian cars run around with a BH. lambo plate and that's it...is that considered a dealer plate or a temp until tags arrive?

Dealers has their own plates usually used for demo vehicles or loaners. Manufactures use their MFG plates on test vehicles and demonstration cars like this Veyron, I see allot of strange looking cars with camouflage all over them running around LA with such plates. Most of those plates are Michigan plates though.

Wow! Oh My Gosh! It Is Very Strange To See This Here! I Just Saw This Very Same Car (Same License Plate) Saturday In Lamborghini Beverly Hills! I Know That Picture Is In Lamborghini Beverly Hills. But I Just Know It Was The Same Car That I Saw There! Did You Pay To Test Drive This Expensive Car? If Not That Much, Then I Would Test Drive It Next Time I Am There. I Go There Almost Twice Or Once A Week.

Test drives are free however spots are reserved for potential buyers, good customers and L-P execs whana-bees like me and Allan.. :lol:

Dealers has their own plates usually used for demo vehicles or loaners. Manufactures use their MFG plates on test vehicles and demonstration cars like this Veyron, I see allot of strange looking cars with camouflage all over them running around LA with such plates. Most of those plates are Michigan plates though.

I saw a Bently C GT with a MI plate when i was at Laguna Seca...heck you see more of those cars out there then i do and i live in Michigan :)

Test drives are free however spots are reserved for potential buyers, good customers and L-P execs whana-bees like me and Allan.. :lol:

Can Spots Be Reserved Later For New Bies Like Me? I Am Definitely A Future Buyer Of A Lamborghini. Not Any Thing Else. I Just Wanted To See How The Fastest Current Car In The World Feels. Is There Any Way At All? :| .

Since the car is a "technological showcase": is it 4WD or 2WD (as a lot of you think the Murci/Gallardo should be) ???

AWD on the Veyron.

Despite the fervor for RWD on most car sites, driving a car with over 700hp that only powers the rear wheels means lots of one of the following:

1. Traction control engaging

or

2. Pressing the gas like there's an egg under it that you're afraid to crack.

Both options are boring as hell.

I'll never understand the insistance die-hards have with wanting RWD with such passion in high HP cars, but for me, on the street anyway, it will always be AWD. I enjoy being able to pound the gas with near reckless abandon, and not accelerating out of tight second gear turns and wondering if that one single loose pebble is going to put the car sideways lol...

car is AWD and may be aw steering as was the EB110 if i remember right... :supz:

No on all wheel steering on either car.

Is it me or do Sinas comments seem a bit of... not to say childish :| , and what's with capitalizing each word :?: --no pun intended--