F50 crash

LAMBO 8

Lost control in rain...

Same thing happaned to me about a year ago, but I crashed into another car.

I hope the guy who got hit is alright... how old is this video?

Is it possible that this happens to a Gallardo? The F50 wasn't driving fast at all.

This is one of the reasons I don't want a ferrari, the guy was steering to the right all the time, F50 just kept on going straight (low speed), very sad.

It always amazes me how people just stand around in autocross and rally events, there are so many videos of people getting plowed by cars that lose control (something that should be expected to happen in a racing event).

Lost control in rain...

its pretty old i saw it on tv about a year ago

how old is this video?

The narrator says "The Ferrari company is showing off a brand new million dollar F50", so it must be about 10 years old?

The caption above the video:

This Ferrari F50 crash reminds us of the recent highly publicized crash of the Ferrari Enzo in Malibu, but this is an older Ferrari F50 at an organized event a few years ago.

I dont see any simularity, other than that they are both high end ferraris. One was driving like a jackass while drunk, in a car a bank technically owned. The other was in a highly controlled track, driving at a reasonable pace, and probably actually owned the car. What a dumb comparison

True, dumb comparison actually. I have a vid of the scene since at least two years. In my version, they say nobody was injured.

Im scared too see how the car doesn't want to turn at all...

True, dumb comparison actually. I have a vid of the scene since at least two years. In my version, they say nobody was injured.

This video brought back some memories, since my accident happaned exactly the same way.. I had a right turn coming, turned the wheel, but the car kept going straight and smashed into another car waiting at the light.

Nobody was hurt. The girl I was with was in shock from the Airbag and I had couple of burns on my arms, but that was it. Car - totalled.

Is it possible that this happens to a Gallardo? The F50 wasn't driving fast at all.

This is one of the reasons I don't want a ferrari, the guy was steering to the right all the time, F50 just kept on going straight (low speed), very sad.

Of course the car keeps goign straight, that dude did the absolute worst thing possible... he just kept steering, the car will go straight then... He should have steered back and hit the clutch and hope that the car slowly turns a little. Didn't see if he hit the brakes, I believe that car doesn't have ABS, if he hit brakes no hope for the car to turn. :/

If this info is new to any of you, I recommend taking driving lessons on ice for example.

And Humlambo, this can and will happen to any car when it loses grip and you do like this dude did.

He locked the front wheels, seems like he panicked and slammed on the brakes. Not a good idea without ABS.

BTW, it was a reporter and it was a press day type event by Ferrari from what I remember.

• 4 weeks later...

this is a pretty old video. Doesn't look like to much damage was done, i had an accident similar to that. Had to turn however the car kept going straight while i kept trying to turn the dam thing...hope everyone was alrite

The narrator is gay in this video honesty...from his opinions he's making it sounds like any racing at all is bad....who stands in front of a car at an autocross event anyway, and shame on the planners for putting it on a elevated table top without guard rails...not to mention if it is a Ferrari factory deal, they shouldn't let old people drive the F50 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad everyone is ok though...

Lost control in rain...

Forgive me but the guy who was driving this car obviously have no idea on how to drive, he is turning right on the blocked wheels (he is keeping his foot on the brake), what an idiot such people should never have a car because they are treats for other people on the road, luckily it was not on the public road

Of course the car keeps goign straight, that dude did the absolute worst thing possible... he just kept steering, the car will go straight then... He should have steered back and hit the clutch and hope that the car slowly turns a little. Didn't see if he hit the brakes, I believe that car doesn't have ABS, if he hit brakes no hope for the car to turn. :/

If this info is new to any of you, I recommend taking driving lessons on ice for example.

And Humlambo, this can and will happen to any car when it loses grip and you do like this dude did.

If you were to engage the clutch, rev up the engine, then pop the clutch could you get the car to rotate instead of plowing straight?

If you were to engage the clutch, rev up the engine, then pop the clutch could you get the car to rotate instead of plowing straight?

No, there is not any grip on the front wheels, so the rear ones will just push it straight. The only thing one can do is let go of the brakes and turn less.

No, there is not any grip on the front wheels, so the rear ones will just push it straight. The only thing one can do is let go of the brakes and turn less.

I now know not to try that in case it happens, thanks! I've been in a situation similar to that. I was in the Impala and I was headed straight for a busy intersection going downhill, car pulled left, I turned right (kept turning right too). Eventually I stopped with the cars tail end tucked out to the left a bit, and the old people to the left of me looking like at me like I was crazy. Because of the manual steering (40 yr old car) I realized how much I cranked on the wheel when I let go of the brakes, wow! Like I've told others, classic cars give you a thrill that new cars just can't offer :finga: