was the 348 a good ferrari?

socky323

was just wandering.... ive been looking online and have found a few 348's going for about 50k - 70k. I also think they look good, (im gonna get a lot of flack for what i just said :finga: hehe)

anyone had experiences with the ferrari 348 ? any good ?

If you really want to know ask Allan, he'll tell you his thoughts on the 348. I personally cannot weigh in as I have never riden or driven in one, and by the looks of it nor would I want to.

Just my .02 cents

they seem to have a reputation as being a 'bad' ferrari, however i think they are a good car, like a 355, without some of the power and the other stuff like power steering etc.

i'd pick a 348 over a 328 but thats just me, theres alot of people who really think theyre crap.

Well, I can't speak from experience, but since I too was looking at possibly getting one of these cars, most of my research seems to point to the fact that the 348, although not exceptionally fast in a straight line, did handle and brake quite well (especially if you got one of the higher end models like an SS or Challenge model). Compared to newer Ferraris (and newer cars in general) they seemed to be more of a "drivers" car due to the fact that it had a decent manual shifter (no F1 tranny), did not have any drivers aids, and lacked certain creature comforts such as power steering etc.. . Also, as far as expenses go, they were one of the "cheaper" exotic cars to keep running and maintain (although this too is all relative). Check out one of the popular Ferrari sites such as Ferrarichat.com, they have quite a bit of info on there regarding these cars.

Sonny

Well, I can't speak from experience, but since I too was looking at possibly getting one of these cars, most of my research seems to point to the fact that the 348, although not exceptionally fast in a straight line, did handle and brake quite well (especially if you got one of the higher end models like an SS or Challenge model).  Compared to newer Ferraris (and newer cars in general) they seemed to be more of a "drivers" car due to the fact that it had a decent manual shifter (no F1 tranny), did not have any drivers aids, and lacked certain creature comforts such as power steering etc.. .  Also, as far as expenses go, they were one of the "cheaper" exotic cars to keep running and maintain (although this too is all relative).  Check out one of the popular Ferrari sites such as Ferrarichat.com, they have quite a bit of info on there regarding these cars.

Sonny

<-stupid

If you like the old school Ferrari/Lamborghini "feel", then you'll like the 348. It's the last of the small Ferrari V8 breed in that regard (like the 512 TR/M was for the 12 cylinder line up). It also is a noticeable performance improvement over the 308/328....in line with the 355. Major shame Ferrari does not make cars like this anymore.....even the clutch/shifters on the new cars are soft I hear.

Before diving into 348 land you need to really learn about it....there are so many variants to this model that it warrants its own FAQ. General advice here is to buy a '93-'95 model year car. 348 Serie Speciale (SS) is a good model as is the Spyder.