So I pulled the Trigger V8 Vantage

AJGlobal

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how about a full write up?

I am curious about your thoughts on the car...

Well I have only really had it as of yesterday morning and put maybe 40 miles on it, I will be driving across town later today into scottsdale with it. I will give you my thoughts on it so far.

I have driven on the freeway and off already and the car is great. Sound inside the car is extremely quiet at highway speeds and above ( :eusa_shhh: ) and at 80 MPH or so it rides like my 7 series did. Cornering is unreal. They really did a great job with weight distribution. The engine is behind the front axle slightly and the gas tank is more behind the driver than hanging out in the back of the car. Seats are comfortable (much more than a lambo seat) and the nav works as it should and of course the stereo is SICK. I would like a little more HP as it feels like I run out of RPM's in 1st and 2nd but this car is not made to go super fast so I understand the need for the shorter gears to get it going, which it does extremely well. Maybe I will visit my guy who did the mods on my Mini and see what he can come up with without doing anything major to give mean extra 30 or 40 HP cause honestly I think thats all it needs. Other than that I could drive this car everyday and be happy with it as it is. I got plenty of looks and thumbs up out the drivers side windows of many cars but at the same time its not as flashy as the lambo which I like if I'm going to drive it more often. I'm happy with my choice for now, at least for the next 6 months or so :icon_mrgreen: and the looks of this car are drop dead georgous. I'm sure I'll have more to add in the coming days but all I can say is if you were thinking about this car for yourself go take one for a drive.

good to hear AJ.

I'm surprised its that quiet on the inside. From what I've heard its very loud on the outside.

Top gear did a piece on it, you could hear the thing from like a mile away!

Heres one with the valves taken out

Another

Astons Promo video, good 'ring footage

I'm trying to find the Top Gear clip and one other, but I can't seem to find them

I just saw one in white, holy shit! :icon_pray:

Cmon Tony where are the fcuking pics!!!! Get your feet off the desk, your ass out of the chair, and move! :icon_mrgreen:

Car is dirty from transport and the window tint guy is coming today or tomorrow so you know how messy they get everything. Once its done I'll post new pics......for now go to the first page of this thread and you can see what it looked like before it got shipped. Good pics.

good to hear AJ.

I'm surprised its that quiet on the inside. From what I've heard its very loud on the outside.

Another

I'm trying to find the Top Gear clip and one other, but I can't seem to find them

Well the exhaust has a similiar valve system as the '06 '07 G but its not as loud when it opens up or maybe it is. I guess in a coupe it does not sound as loud as in the spyder. Either way it sounds sick and there is a fuse or something you can pull out that leaves the valves open all the time. Have not gotten there yet but I'm sure I will. Even with the windows up the when the exhuast opens up the sound is just right.

EDIT........Just noticed that video i saw said "Fuse 22 taken out" Looks like I'll be removing that today. Nice find..thanks!!!!

Well I have only really had it as of yesterday morning and put maybe 40 miles on it, I will be driving across town later today into scottsdale with it. I will give you my thoughts on it so far.

I have driven on the freeway and off already and the car is great. Sound inside the car is extremely quiet at highway speeds and above ( :eusa_shhh: ) and at 80 MPH or so it rides like my 7 series did. Cornering is unreal. They really did a great job with weight distribution. The engine is behind the front axle slightly and the gas tank is more behind the driver than hanging out in the back of the car. Seats are comfortable (much more than a lambo seat) and the nav works as it should and of course the stereo is SICK. I would like a little more HP as it feels like I run out of RPM's in 1st and 2nd but this car is not made to go super fast so I understand the need for the shorter gears to get it going, which it does extremely well. Maybe I will visit my guy who did the mods on my Mini and see what he can come up with without doing anything major to give mean extra 30 or 40 HP cause honestly I think thats all it needs. Other than that I could drive this car everyday and be happy with it as it is. I got plenty of looks and thumbs up out the drivers side windows of many cars but at the same time its not as flashy as the lambo which I like if I'm going to drive it more often. I'm happy with my choice for now, at least for the next 6 months or so :icon_mrgreen: and the looks of this car are drop dead georgous. I'm sure I'll have more to add in the coming days but all I can say is if you were thinking about this car for yourself go take one for a drive.

thank you, excellent write up!

Aj congrats with the car :icon_super: :icon_super:

Aston always look so elite and i am sure that vantage is loud :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance:

Btw just curious have you ever see the new Maserati Coupe coming next??

That looks absolutely stunning like Vantage!!

Congrats again :icon_super:

Aj congrats with the car :icon_super: :icon_super:

Aston always look so elite and i am sure that vantage is loud :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance:

Btw just curious have you ever see the new Maserati Coupe coming next??

That looks absolutely stunning like Vantage!!

Congrats again :icon_super:

No I have not.

good to hear AJ.

Another

So I found Fuse 22 (labled as mass air flow sensor) and pulled it out. Started the car but it won't stay running. Put it back in and started the car and while it was running I pulled it out and it stalled. So I'm not sure what the deal is.

EDIT......just found out there is a Fuse 22 in a 3rd fuse box located in the trunk. I pulled the one that was in the front fuse box. I'll try again tomorrow.

Here is the pictures AJ.

The car will be v8 405hp with manuel or as an option auto tranny , and after a year Gransport will be introduced as 450hp manuel and cambio-corsa tranny.

3294a9d406c6b202cb25a96be7e0dde6.jpg

c9ecb9a7fe92a505d1105f44ba593906.jpg

fa5594bcb26f16055bf28777167b5f18.jpg

Here is the pictures AJ.

The car will be v8 405hp with manuel or as an option auto tranny , and after a year Gransport will be introduced as 450hp manuel and cambio-corsa tranny.

Junk.

Weighs 4120lbs, is automatic only, and that squared off roofline to fit the two rear seats looks tacked on.

Tony's "loved-by-west-hollywood-hairdressers" Vantage is far nicer. :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

Junk.

Weighs 4120lbs, is automatic only, and that squared off roofline to fit the two rear seats looks tacked on.

Tony's "loved-by-west-hollywood-hairdressers" Vantage is far nicer. :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

What the hell does that mean ??? I live in AZ not Hollywood :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger:

BTW I pulled the right fuse this morning and the exhuast valves are open permanatly. It sounds sick.

Guest skokos
What the hell does that mean ??? I live in AZ not Hollywood :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger:

BTW I pulled the right fuse this morning and the exhuast valves are open permanatly. It sounds sick.

Who the hell puts a 3rd fusebox in the trunk anyway's haha

good thing the other fuse is back in,im pretty sure your MAF sensor is important LOL

Who the hell puts a 3rd fusebox in the trunk anyway's haha

good thing the other fuse is back in,im pretty sure your MAF sensor is important LOL

makes sense why it would not stay running. :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall:

Is it true that this car has a Ford Mustang Engine?

its a 4.3 litre V8 but looks, feels and drives nothing like a ford. From teh research I've done this car including the engine is pretty much all assembled by hand, more so than the gallardo is.

So I found Fuse 22 (labled as mass air flow sensor) and pulled it out. Started the car but it won't stay running. Put it back in and started the car and while it was running I pulled it out and it stalled. So I'm not sure what the deal is.

EDIT......just found out there is a Fuse 22 in a 3rd fuse box located in the trunk. I pulled the one that was in the front fuse box. I'll try again tomorrow.

OK. I give. How did you know to find Fuse 22 to pull out to permanently open the exhaust?

OK. I give. How did you know to find Fuse 22 to pull out to permanently open the exhaust?

This is how.

Found some info on the internet about it from other owners and in the manual is shows Fuse 22 as the vacumm pump/exhaust valve fuse. Pulled it out and walla ......she screams all the time. Still not as loud as the lambo but not loud enough for me to put fuse back in. It will never go back until I sell it. It just sounds to good.