Monterey SV

Motorcar_Maverick

Does anyone know if the owner of the Verde Scandal Monterey Diablo SV is a member fo this board? I have a couple of questions for the owner and was wondering if he/she could answer them, and I figured the board was a good place to start

Does anyone know if the owner of the Verde Scandal Monterey Diablo SV is a member fo this board? I have a couple of questions for the owner and was wondering if he/she could answer them, and I figured the board was a good place to start

Watcha got for me?

I'll try my best to answer.

-J

Well since you asked.....A SV-R at a great price since my GT-R came in this week.... LOL LOL

Way to go hijacking this thread :)

SVR, love'm but need an a/c system....did you happen to put one in? Don't need it for the cooling, need it to keep the windshield from fogging up. Thinking that you may have put one in, you know, being in Seattle area an'all.

-J

Watcha got for me?

I'll try my best to answer.

-J

hey, I figured the owner would be on this site! Well, I saw the car last summer at the Pebble Beach Concours in august and I'm in love with it! I took a couple of pictures of it and I was wondering a few things, if it's not too personal. for one, how does your SV compare to Murcielagos? I heard the 98s run fairly reliabley like murcielagos ranging from 04 up, now I don't have any experience with the Diablo SV but I always wanted one. Second, you have any pictures you can upload of the car? and third, will the car ever be out towards California again, possibly for a run or anything like that? thanx for ur time bud!

hey, I figured the owner would be on this site! Well, I saw the car last summer at the Pebble Beach Concours in august and I'm in love with it! I took a couple of pictures of it and I was wondering a few things, if it's not too personal. for one, how does your SV compare to Murcielagos? I heard the 98s run fairly reliabley like murcielagos ranging from 04 up, now I don't have any experience with the Diablo SV but I always wanted one. Second, you have any pictures you can upload of the car? and third, will the car ever be out towards California again, possibly for a run or anything like that? thanx for ur time bud!

How does it compare to a Murcie? Well, in what way? I like the visual design of the SV much more than the Murci. I prefer the V12 of the Diablo to the more 'ferrari like' motor of the Murcie -- ferrari like meaning the way the air hoses connect to the cam covers, looks just like a 360! I also do not like how 'fat' the Murcie is, terribly overweight, lots of 'heft' when you drive it (I have never owned a Murcie but I have driven them).

Sure, car will be in Cali some time, probably not this year, maybe the Concorso 2008.

pics:

DSC_1970-vi.jpg

DSC_1912-vi.jpg

DSC_1972-vi.jpg

DSC_1978-vi.jpg

DSC_1919-vi.jpg

DSC_1999-vi.jpg

-J

How does it compare to a Murcie? Well, in what way? I like the visual design of the SV much more than the Murci. I prefer the V12 of the Diablo to the more 'ferrari like' motor of the Murcie -- ferrari like meaning the way the air hoses connect to the cam covers, looks just like a 360! I also do not like how 'fat' the Murcie is, terribly overweight, lots of 'heft' when you drive it (I have never owned a Murcie but I have driven them).

Sure, car will be in Cali some time, probably not this year, maybe the Concorso 2008.

pics:

DSC_1970-vi.jpg

DSC_1912-vi.jpg

DSC_1972-vi.jpg

DSC_1978-vi.jpg

DSC_1919-vi.jpg

DSC_1999-vi.jpg

-J

awesome, thanx for the pix, and yea i hope to be able to see the car again!

• 2 weeks later...
Is that the only SV in that color or are there more?

there was a second Monterey Edition in this exact same color (but with black interior rather than blueberry/purple). However, the car was in an accident and was repainted purple. So, in the USA, the answer is no. Otherwise, I know of one in Hong Kong and Germany and a Diablo GT in this color in Europe, other than that, I think that's it.

-J

• 1 year later...

I have a rosso vik 1998 Diablo SV Monterey Edition (#5 of 20) for sale. The car has 11,300 original miles and is located in Derby, KS. 67037. Asking $134,000.00 or BEST OFFER. Feel free to call me anytime at 316-788-5967. Do not have PC at home, so it is best to call me. Thanks. Doug Kennedy 316-788-5967.

I have a rosso vik 1998 Diablo SV Monterey Edition (#5 of 20) for sale. The car has 11,300 original miles and is located in Derby, KS. 67037. Asking $134,000.00 or BEST OFFER. Feel free to call me anytime at 316-788-5967. Do not have PC at home, so it is best to call me. Thanks. Doug Kennedy 316-788-5967.

head_in_hands.jpg

Sorry for being slow, but I'm not getting the hand over the faces bit please explain as it relates to the Monterey Edition SV. You can PM if needed. Thanks

Smart.jpg

Sorry for being slow, but I'm not getting the hand over the faces bit please explain as it relates to the Monterey Edition SV. You can PM if needed. Thanks

Help me understand also!!! I am the owner of the 1998 Diablo SV Monterey Edition (#5 of 20) that is for sale. The ONLY reason for selling this car is that I just bought a 2004 orange murcielago to go with my 2001 Diablo VT 6.0 (rosso vik exterior) and 2005 Ford GT (red/white stripes exterior, #1365) to replace the 1998 Diablo SV Monterey Edition. The 1998 Diablo SV has rosso vik exterior, snowcorn with red piping interior, 11,300 original miles, LOC exhaust, full 3M, complete records/maintenance paper work since new (1998). I am the third owner and the car is located at my home in Derby, KS. 67037. Pictures can be seen at PrideAutoPlaza.com website. Please call me at 316-788-5967 with any questions. Doug Kennedy, Derby, KS. 67037, 316-788-5967 anytime. I do not have PC at home because I DO NOT WANT ONE AT HOME!!!

I just checked out the pics. Great looking car with a very well detailed description! Have any pics of your 6.0 or your new murci or better yet all your cars together?! Nice sounding collection you have..