aston martin vantage

BUMN

Thinking of buying a vantage... anyone know anyting about them? Anyone here have one? Like or dislike?

Thinking of buying a vantage... anyone know anyting about them? Anyone here have one? Like or dislike?

Yes, I have one, great car. I posted some thoughts in another thread somewhere. There is nothing not to like about it. Its not a rocket like the Plastic mess-06 or the lambo but as I've said before I did not buy it for that. Wanted to something with good HP and cruised smooth and this car is it. Not to mention the interior puts most others including the lambo to shame. Here are some pics of it sitting the garage.

Aston_1__Medium_.jpg

Aston_2__Medium_.jpg

Aston_3__Medium_.jpg

Aston_4__Medium_.jpg

Aston_5__Medium_.jpg

Aston_6__Medium_.jpg

Which year Vantage?

good question, did not think about that. I'm assuming he ment the '06/'07...........mine is an '07

Was cruising around today in a friend's DB9, my first time, and I have to say the interior really is impressive. It gives off that "made by hand" essence that even the Murcie's doesn't. Lot of atmosphere, and very sharp visual cues. Car itself was too slow and soft to be considered anything but a Bentley CGT competitor, but as a luxury GT it was perfect.

Haven't been in a Vantage, but I'd imagine it's very similar.

I like how the doors open on the new Vantage

They didn't open on the old Vantage? :eusa_think:

Which year Vantage?

Good point

Two years ago, I had an older Vantage.

was thinking of buying a 06 ot the convertable version out in a few months with the paddle shift...

That's so you don't strike then against the curb when parallel parked.

and so you barely have to touch the door in order for it to completely close on it's own. They are a great car and the interiors are identical to the DB9, except there is no rear seat. A bench takes place of the seats, which in my opinioin makes much more sense. The sport shifts are also currently being delivered. The are setup with the same style actuation as the murcie and gallardo. If you are thinking about the car, get behind the wheel at your local dealer!!!

was thinking of buying a 06 ot the convertable version out in a few months with the paddle shift...

I would stay away from the Paddle shift, especially in a first year run. I know the car has been out since '06 but the '08's will be the 1st run with the paddle shift. Seems like latley unless its in a F-car all the paddle shifts have thier problems and are very dissapointing. The convertible version looks just as good as the coupe. Very sharp looking car. I saw a picture of the convt. in white. :monkeyleft: :monkeyleft: :monkeyleft: The interiors on the DB9 and the vantage are pretty much the same so you won't notice much difference there. Go drive one and if its not enought power for you then try the DB9.............I can't wait to see the new DBS to be honest with you.

The DBS is Crazy cool. That's what was in the new James Bond film. Did anyone see the interior on that Baby?! The whole car's beautiful!

AJ,

is the start button(ignition button) made of real crystal??

AJ,

is the start button(ignition button) made of real crystal??

Never heard of that. Looks cool and it lights up before you start the car.

AJ any issues.. problems with your vantage? I thought the paddle shifter option would be nice in the car, being it would be my normal car... My 05 G is a 6 speed.... thats why I would choose the paddles over another 6 speed.. you very happy with the aston martin? color etc? would you buy another? Think the convertable will take away from the sleek lines of the car?

AJ any issues.. problems with your vantage? I thought the paddle shifter option would be nice in the car, being it would be my normal car... My 05 G is a 6 speed.... thats why I would choose the paddles over another 6 speed.. you very happy with the aston martin? color etc? would you buy another? Think the convertable will take away from the sleek lines of the car?

No issues so far. If they offered a regular automatic as they do in a MB then I would be fine with paddles but an F-1 or E-gear type tranny I would stay away from. I'm happy with car and enjoy driving it. I don't keep my cars for more than a year or so usually, but I do test drive everything I buy before I decide what I want. Put it this way, the same day I test drove the Aston, I drove a Bentely GT and a maserati quattroporte and just did not feel any excitement when driving the 2 until I got in the Aston. Its very easy to drive and manuver has the right amount of HP for what it is and handles, rides and sounds great. I specifically choose that color combo (more like searched until I found what I wanted) cause I saw some of the awful color combos that some of these cars had on it. You can really go all out with details on the interior if you order new. I have not seen the convt. in person but from the pics I saw it looked just as good if not better than coupe.

I specifically choose that color combo (more like searched until I found what I wanted) cause I saw some of the awful color combos that some of these cars had on it.

You ain't kidding. Some of the traditional "British" color combos the AM cars come in are truly horrible.

You ain't kidding. Some of the traditional "British" color combos the AM cars come in are truly horrible.

The black one I saw was especially nice. Tony, didnt you think so?

The black one I saw was especially nice. Tony, didnt you think so?

Yes it was, I think anything in black looks good when its clean and that car with the lines it has make it really stand out. Up until that day we were at the dealer I had only seen the light gray, the silver and the dark gray in person. I contemplated black but the other G I had was black and Amy's Escalade is black and it is a pain in th ass to keep them clean. I must say having the gray is much easier to keep clean as is white. :icon_super: :icon_super: :icon_super:

Never heard of that. Looks cool and it lights up before you start the car.

Tony,

I ve heard that it is made of a type of crystal. But cannot remember maybe from a magazine or a tv program.

Also i do not know if it is true. But if it is true its very COOL :icon_super: