Look what I found

samuel930

Clearly an 88 1/2 car but with a 1989 vin. One of a few specially designed to add to the Lamborghini VIN confusion. There were 3 maybe 4 silver Anniversary cars - don't know about the 88 1/2 cars.

-mick

Clearly an 88 1/2 car but with a 1989 vin. One of a few specially designed to add to the Lamborghini VIN confusion. There were 3 maybe 4 silver Anniversary cars - don't know about the 88 1/2 cars.

-mick

Thanks, it was also my impression that only 3-4 silver 25th cars were built as well, however, as you mention, this car is not a 25th, yet it still contains an 89 VIN. This is the first silver 88 1/2 that I have seen, perhaps a few more are out there.

That car used to be in NJ. It is one of the first few 89 model. I would like to know the manfacture date (around July-Aug 88? )
An "89 model" is generally viewed as the 25th Anniversary car which this is not. It is the last of the "88 1/2 model". The mfg date is August 88 and it has an 89 VIN. There maybe 20 or more that fit into this particular model year overlap situation ie the new VIN year starts August yet the 25th car started in Sept 1988.

http://www.lamborghiniregistry.com/Countac...V/KLA12408.html

-mick

One of the owners of this car was my boss at one time . He drove it on a regular basis . He bought it from Prestige in Miami . He had the air inlets on the doors painted black (they were silver when he got it) and he replaced the ignition box with an MSD unit. He told me he had talked to Burtoni and was told there were only 5 non-anniversery cars made in 89 . I also don't think the car was originally silver , but I could be wrong, its been long time since I saw it.I think it was black

I also don't think the car was originally silver , but I could be wrong, its been long time since I saw it.I think it was black

Good catch! The painted toasters and grills is a clue as to the car being repainted, but the black door jambs are a dead give away.

One of the owners of this car was my boss at one time . He drove it on a regular basis . He bought it from Prestige in Miami . He had the air inlets on the doors painted black (they were silver when he got it) and he replaced the ignition box with an MSD unit. He told me he had talked to Burtoni and was told there were only 5 non-anniversery cars made in 89 . I also don't think the car was originally silver , but I could be wrong, its been long time since I saw it.I think it was black

Nice pic-up. That ruins it for me. I was thinking a true Silver would be nice to own, but a repainted one...Not so cool

Judging by the condition of the engine compartment, I would say the price is a bit steep on this one...

Awesome color but the bumper ruin it entirely.

Makes no sense, you paint the whole car, but don't change the bumper?

Mike Haber at Pro Auto is a great guy and car broker from my experience and I also remember his pricing was fair across the board on his inventory when I purchased my CT from him. He had CT's, Boxer's, Pantera's, and the usual rest....fwiw from my experience.

Mike Haber at Pro Auto is a great guy and car broker from my experience...

I have never done business with Mike, but have heard nothing but good things about him.

I have never done business with Mike, but have heard nothing but good things about him.

I agree, I have met with Mike many times, his place is about 20 minutes away. Very nice, not pushy..Loves the cars. There was a car show last weekend down the street. I took the Islero. Mike's partner was there with the Pantera that is listed on their website. Not a fan of Panteras. For a little more money, get a lambo.

For a little more money have the Lambos and the Pantera! There is several things that I like about the Pantera over my Jalpa & Countach. For one it's quicker, but another is how easy it is to work on. I don't have to remove the wing & deck lid to do anything. It also has more head room. The build quality on the Lambo is better (my Pantera is a pushbutton- hand made first run model). The Countach cost a great deal more. :icon_super: I love em both. It will be a sad day when I have to let them go.

• 4 months later...