WIDOWMAKER on Porsche brochure

hsa8

Re-read my post. The SL (with way more hp) than the GT3 was BARELY able to beat it. This car has 115hp more than the car the SL was BARELY able to beat. It's a no brainer. Porsche always underrates the power in their GT cars. The SL is sick, but will be no match to the new GT2 much like the regular Gallardo (04-05) was no match for the 04-05 GT2.

on Hockenheim the GT3 RS was 0.2 seconds behind, but they were dont on different days. on two other tests (quattroruote and autozeitung) the Gallardo SL won by 2 and 2.5 seconds per lap.

on Hockenheim the GT3 RS was 0.2 seconds behind, but they were dont on different days. on two other tests (quattroruote and autozeitung) the Gallardo SL won by 2 and 2.5 seconds per lap.

Do you have Nring #'s?

Gallardo SL was not tested on Nring but rumors on rennteam seem to be 7:46. hard to compare Nring times of Porsches. they are pretty much built for that place. porsches always get better numbers there.

also I have a feeling the weight figure is probably a dry weight # unless the car is completely stripped out (ie 360 -> 360 CS)in order to cut off 400-500 lbs. the rennteam guys are saying the car will be 50-100 kg lighter than the Turbo which seems more realistic for a road going porsche.

Re-read my post. The SL (with way more hp) than the GT3 was BARELY able to beat it. This car has 115hp more than the car the SL was BARELY able to beat. It's a no brainer. Porsche always underrates the power in their GT cars. The SL is sick, but will be no match to the new GT2 much like the regular Gallardo (04-05) was no match for the 04-05 GT2.

:icon_thumleft: :eusa_wall:

Comments on Rteam is about the weight and times issue.

997 Gt2 has LC (Launch Control) system and these times achived with that system.

Another discuss is the weight. Need to see SA test to check the real weight and the NR time.

I am at the side of some guys. Their claim is like this

Porsche Gt2 wont be much faster than 996GT2 on NR in the hands of HVS at SA super test.

This was same for 997TT, 997GT3, 997G3 RS. These new ones are only 1-2 seconds faster than the old ones.

And next one will be the 997 GT2 in the line of this situation

Looks nice! I was hoping it would have a bit more power, say up to 560+hp. If Porsche is as conservative on GT2 numbers (0-60, 0-100) as they are on all of their other cars, then the actual times should be a couple tenths less per measurement. In any event, the GT2 is a bad assed car, no bones about it.

As if lap times will really DECIDE whether to get an SL or GT2...or even GT3.

Come on guys, at that level it's all about how much you enjoy the power delivery and handling feel....and of course, styling.

I'm curious what Aram has to say on the matter..

Another Porsche that looks so so and has fabulous performance.This will be a good car to buy used as it will depreciate just like all the other 911's .Performance wise if it really has a curb weight of 3175lbs it should smoke anything Lambo offers right now in acceleration up to about 170mph.At the top end HP will come into effect and an LP640 should be able to reel it in .

I doubt very much any Gallardo will be able to keep up with it even the SL as the torque figures are mismatched.505LBS of torque is huge and i believe the SL is around 390.

Styling wise,as i said, another variation of a 911.BORING

It will make a really good track car when bought 3 years down the road at 100k.

Some expeirenced people on Pforums say that at 60mph 997 TT will be ahead,

and they will be neck to neck or side by side at 100mph and over 100 Bye Bye 997 TT.

What really interests me is the new Launch Control program on that 997 Gt2. Because i ve heard 997TT owners get real bad situations with the silly torq braking launches.

Another Porsche that looks so so and has fabulous performance.This will be a good car to buy used as it will depreciate just like all the other 911's .Performance wise if it really has a curb weight of 3175lbs it should smoke anything Lambo offers right now in acceleration up to about 170mph.At the top end HP will come into effect and an LP640 should be able to reel it in .

I doubt very much any Gallardo will be able to keep up with it even the SL as the torque figures are mismatched.505LBS of torque is huge and i believe the SL is around 390.

Styling wise,as i said, another variation of a 911.BORING

It will make a really good track car when bought 3 years down the road at 100k.

just how I feel, great car no doubt, but on the road, its another 911. If the Gallardo could be stroked to say...5.5 liters, it would be more competitive, however it is also important to note that, considering this cars lap times with respect to the GT3, dont forget that at least last time, the GT2 wasnt that much faster....its tough to utilize this kind of power; at least on the NBR...

just how I feel, great car no doubt, but on the road, its another 911. If the Gallardo could be stroked to say...5.5 liters, it would be more competitive, however it is also important to note that, considering this cars lap times with respect to the GT3, dont forget that at least last time, the GT2 wasnt that much faster....its tough to utilize this kind of power; at least on the NBR...

Just assume the GT2 handles as well as the GT3.The HP and torque advantage should give it quite few seconds on the ring and there are at least 2 long straightaways on that track .

Some expeirenced people on Pforums say that at 60mph 997 TT will be ahead,

and they will be neck to neck or side by side at 100mph and over 100 Bye Bye 997 TT.

That makes sense.

As you already know, that is due to the awd.

An auto rag in 2001, measured a 0-60 time of 3.9, with a standard 996 TT and tip. The car was not equipped, with the X-50 package.

That makes sense.

As you already know, that is due to the awd.

An auto rag in 2001, measured a 0-60 time of 3.9, with a standard 996 TT and tip. The car was not equipped, with the X-50 package.

Very Very fast yes. But do you think the ladies will throw their numbers at you in the 911??? I'd rather go slow and look great in the LAMBO!!!! :icon_super: :icon_super: :icon_super:

Life isn't just about speed. It's about looking great doing it!

Very Very fast yes. But do you think the ladies will throw their numbers at you in the 911??? I'd rather go slow and look great in the LAMBO!!!! :icon_super: :icon_super: :icon_super:

Life isn't just about speed. It's about looking great doing it!

I understand your position.

With myself, I have four little kids, and have been married for 15 years. :icon_mrgreen: