LP400S1 wit Periscopa?

lambolp400s

As stated in the LamborghiniRegistry, it was made three Series1 with the Periscopa - roof. Anyone out there know the whereabouts of the two other cars (This red one is in Ravensburg Germany) or have photos of this "MOST REAR OF ALL COUNTACH"?

1121030b.jpg

As stated in the LamborghiniRegistry, it was made three Series1 with the Periscopa - roof. Anyone out there know the whereabouts of the two other cars (This red one is in Ravensburg Germany) or have photos of this "MOST REAR OF ALL COUNTACH"?

yes, there are "some" (number is not concorded yet) of these

the red one in the pic is 1121030 and i think is still for sale (not cheap though )

the car on the wall as for what i know is a moddded LP400 with added flares and bravos and not an S1 (engine bonnet is not an S type)

please note that Wolf cars and some "Wolf like" factory special LP 400 have the periscopio roof to

probably there are other cars originally S with periscopio roof, some say more than 3, i personally don't know :eusa_think:

Joe S could know the number and VINS, where are you Joe?

please note that they are not the very early S cars (mine and Peter are older than 1121030 and don't have the periscope) and they are probably body left after the LP400 came out of production

pretty cool :icon_thumleft: feature, should command some premium given its rarity

Are they in Japan ? :icon_mrgreen:

All rare Countach autos, end up in Japan. :eusa_wall: :lol2:

It is worth a premium of some kind. However it would have been kkkewl, if they had started the S1 production, with around five-seven of the older periscopa bodies. That did not happen. Given what Emilio said; that both Peter and his car were introduced with the new slick roof, it presents a situation, that the factory appears to have used some old LP 400 bodies that were just laying around.

It kind of takes the luster off of the fact, that it was pushed out after the new body style had already been introduced. - This is just my opinion. Yes, if I had a periscopa roof on my car, I am sure I would be beating the drum for everyone to hear. It is worth a premium. How much of a premium is it worth ? Would you pay approx 70K+/- extra, over the price of a garden variety S1, for a periscopa roof on your car ? That sexy Islero, never looked better in your garage !

However it would have been kkkewl, if they had started the S1 production, with around five-seven of the older periscopa bodies. That did not happen. Given what Emilio said; that both Peter and his car were introduced with the new slick roof, it presents a situation, that the factory appears to have used some old LP 400 bodies that were just laying around.

very likely,given the financial situation they were probably using all they had layng around ... (remembe sebring mirrors :icon_mrgreen: )

Yes, if I had a periscopa roof on my car, I am sure I would be beating the drum for everyone to hear. It is worth a premium. How much of a premium is it worth ? Would you pay approx 70K+/- extra, over the price of a garden variety S1, for a periscopa roof on your car ? That sexy Islero, never looked better in your garage !

agree: worth something, but not a 30k or + PREMIUM IMO

I think the periscopa/ no periscopa was for a long time an option to decide about for the customer. LP400 number 1120098 from 1975 was the first car without (flat roof) and most cars after had the periscopa. This makes the idea of that Lamborghini had a few bodies lying around not to sure. All cars at an early time converted to wide wheels is not those I`m thinking of. Remember seeing this car for sale a while back. Anyone remember where, and at what price?

Joe Sackey?

I think the periscopa/ no periscopa was for a long time an option to decide about for the customer. LP400 number 1120098 from 1975 was the first car without (flat roof) and most cars after had the periscopa. This makes the idea of that Lamborghini had a few bodies lying around not to sure. All cars at an early time converted to wide wheels is not those I`m thinking of. Remember seeing this car for sale a while back. Anyone remember where, and at what price?

Joe Sackey?

If it was an option for a long time (as you believe), why are their only approx 3 early S1 cars with this option, or what the factory delivered as standard for a very brief time ? If it was optional, someone would have had to "order" it, sometime between 79-81.

Is`nt there another pic of an red S1 Periscopa on the web, im sure i have seen it on some of the Lambo forums. Or was that #1121030?

very likely 1121030

The car on top is S/N 1121030. One of the other cars being talked about lately is this (see photo) that was sold for $39.000.- partly due to an awfully bad engine. Anyone remember the cars chassienumber? Might be car nr.2? Still seeking confirmation on this, and car number 3.

Looking one more time in the http://www.lamborghiniregistry.com/ it seems like this car is a 1974 car. S/N 1120010.

One step back..

1120010b.jpg

1120010rear.jpg

There was also a tahiti blue one in switzerland but nobody knows if it's a real lp400s or a converted lp400 nor where the car is today.

Many years ago it was registred in lucerne.

post-4558-1185213963_thumb.jpg

post-4558-1185213974_thumb.jpg

That blue car with that rear hatch (that one came first on the LP400S) is most likely one of the missing cars. The red/copper car above is converted, but not with a "new" enginecover. Would love more info on the blue car!

The car on top is S/N 1121030. One of the other cars being talked about lately is this (see photo) that was sold for $39.000.- partly due to an awfully bad engine. Anyone remember the cars chassienumber? Might be car nr.2? Still seeking confirmation on this, and car number 3.

Looking one more time in the http://www.lamborghiniregistry.com/ it seems like this car is a 1974 car. S/N 1120010.

One step back..

I believe that was a twin turbo modified LP 400, that was for sale with Heritage Classics. I think they wanted somewhere in the 80's for that car ?

I believe that was a twin turbo modified LP 400, that was for sale with Heritage Classics. I think they wanted somewhere in the 80's for that car ?

Yes, a short while after it was bought at an auction for half the price, and no service done.

That blue car with that rear hatch (that one came first on the LP400S) is most likely one of the missing cars. The red/copper car above is converted, but not with a "new" enginecover. Would love more info on the blue car!

It could also be a factory converted LP 400. The factory modified a few already sold LP 400 autos, and rebuilt them with some LP 400S1 features for the customer. There is a white LP 400 auto in Australia, that was modified by the factory with some S1 features. Perhaps 15 cars ?

Hi guys, I notice in the pictures above that the roof of the blue car has 5 small vents in the roof at the rear, was this standard for only a periscopia, if so was it to allow air to leave the cabin, how did they get the air out of the later models as none that i have seen have those vents.

Best Regards

Lambolexus

Hi guys, I notice in the pictures above that the roof of the blue car has 5 small vents in the roof at the rear, was this standard for only a periscopia, if so was it to allow air to leave the cabin, how did they get the air out of the later models as none that i have seen have those vents.

Best Regards

Lambolexus

There is at least one "S" with those slots....#1121034

One step back..

nice link

http://images.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=...%3Doff%26sa%3DN

There is at least one "S" with those slots....#1121034

correct, former Joe Sakey's car has them

There was also a tahiti blue one in switzerland but nobody knows if it's a real lp400s or a converted lp400 nor where the car is today.

Many years ago it was registred in lucerne.

any front or 3/4 pics? from the offset of the rear wheels looks like a S car

some of the converted LP400 (like the Wallace TT red car above) have a "strange" offset with the fat tyres: look at rear tyres, they are to inside the car

BTW that is always the chance the convesion was done with all S suspension and so it could still be hard to tell if it is a modded LP

Is this car #1121030?

please not the very early wing with "Wolf like" mounts and no side plates