Diablo 6.0 roof dents??!??!?!

Auctung

About a month ago I noticed a very small dent on the passenger side of my 6.0s roof that Ive never seen before. My friend said he noticed it when I got it back at 2800 miles, now at 9000....no clue how I missed it. But yesterday I noticed two more even smaller ones!!!!. One on the driver side and one almost near the middle!!!. EXTREMLY small that Im not even sure a paintless dent remover could get out. Now I know nobodys been leaning on it and nothing fallen on it, so whats up?!?!?!

I believe I vaigly remember a few years back people talking of earlier Diablos having roof "waves" from it flexing when you hit cracks and seams in the road when you're over 110mph....which I regualy exceed, but can this really be happening!??!?

Im not sure what to do. Ill get the dents removed, but if its from roof flex Im realliy considering taking it off and trying to get it reenforced because I dont want it to continue if its from high speed running.

So can anyone elighten me to what is up with this??

im baffeled :(

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the exact same problem on the passenger side about 4 inches from the rear edge just behind the door, almost unnoticable, but YOU KNOW ITS THERE!

I fixed one in the same area about two years ago and forgot about it, it reappeared about 4 inches away about 6 months ago. Auctung, what color is your car?

I fixed one in the same area about two years ago and forgot about it, it reappeared about 4 inches away about 6 months ago. Auctung, what color is your car?

pearl yellow

so it looks like this is sadly normal :(

and I got 3!!! looks like I drive a lil hard a lil more than most lol

any clue how to fix this now??

remove the roof panel and reenforce it with steel, aliminum,....?

remove the roof panel and reenforce it with steel, aliminum,....?

The panel is made of steel and is rather thick. I thought that someone had dropped something on my roof when my car was in storage and had it fixed, no one touched the car since then. As I said though, the last time I checked there was another dent, yet I rarely drive my car let alone at speed. Could it be from improperly jacking the car which would cause the chassis to flex?

Could it be from improperly jacking the car which would cause the chassis to flex?

I know targa and convertables can flex some when up in the air, but a coupe? And enough to actualyl dent the roof?? I say thats very unlikely.

And noones lifted my car since the time I noticed the first dent till yesterday when I saw the other 2 :(

I just checked my car and the same thing... I think it might be a factory issue as it seems that many diablos have this.... Because the dent is not a crease... and if it was chassis flex, the bending shouldnt yield a dent that small.... Since all cars are road tested briefly out of the assembly line... I wonder if its some type of equipment that sits on the car that caused it...

I think it might be a factory issue as it seems that many diablos have this....

Like I said before, I had my roof fixed and months later another dent appeared in a different spot.

over time any metal in any shape will stress relieve itself, and morph in shape ever so slightly, some areas more than others. i'd imagine in the case of sheet metal this would be more obvious than say a cast iron engine block. just a thought.

Wow, I have 3 in my roof also. I thought it was from the previous owner.

Mine are near the door edges, like someones elbows were leaning on it

Are your dents near the door edges or the center ?

Too bad Lamborghini is not a mass-market manufacturer (a la Mercedes-Benz). You'd have a nice class-action lawsuit, if-only to get these properly repaired by the factory.

Too bad Lamborghini is not a mass-market manufacturer (a la Mercedes-Benz). You'd have a nice class-action lawsuit, if-only to get these properly repaired by the factory.

got one too. thought someone leaned on it while posing for a pic.

Yep, i've got 2 also.

Does anyone not have and dents ??

It's quite a useful post actually, when you come to sell you're Diablo and someone trys to screw you down in price because of a couple of roof dents, we can just refer them to this thread ... problem solved !

You'd never get past the part trying to prove it could be hazardous to human beings. :icon_mrgreen:

Wow, I have 3 in my roof also. I thought it was from the previous owner.

Mine are near the door edges, like someones elbows were leaning on it

Are your dents near the door edges or the center ?

2 of mine are by the edges, the third is about 1/3 of the way towards the center

Like I said before, I had my roof fixed and months later another dent appeared in a different spot.

how were they fixed?? Paintless dent removal or did you have the roof removed and rolled them out??

this sadly might now be part of our yearly maintance schedule :(

I have looked at my roof from all different angles, and I can't see a single dent.

I have looked at my roof from all different angles, and I can't see a single dent.

drive your car!!! :lol2:

...maybe its the cats :P

The problem is that peters roof only reaches to his knees, if he were to bend down and take a closer look at his car he may find some of the dents in question...

The problem is that peters roof only reaches to his knees, if he were to bend down and take a closer look at his car he may find some of the dents in question...

:lol2: :lol2:

WHAT ? How in the world can that many 6.0s have roof dents ? I will be in the garage for the rest of the night going over mine with fine tooth comb and will report back in the morning !