Veyron Loses

RyanRo24

Not a big surprise at all IMO. With the extra hp and torque. But, I would feel more comfortable at those speeds in the Bugatti, and feel its most likely more reliable. Also take in account,, I believe the Bugatti is heavier than the Viper (?).

Still very impressive #'s. It's a shame they weren't given an LP640.

Funny how ALL the stock Euro cars perform WAY under their capabilites, while the ONE american car performs blistering fast. The Veyron can do 0-300km/h in 16.7 seconds, no way it uses 7.5 secs from 300 to 321km/h.

And neither the SLR or the M reaches 200mph? I think they put Diesel on the Euro cars.

The Veyron was driving with the spoiler UP? I have a feeling they forgot to use the high speed key, which I think will make acceleration faster too (lower car, no spoiler, closed air-intakes).

Wow I didnt notice that until you mentioned it. It is right at the beginning.

You can see it at 1:28 too. Downforce doesn't exactly help acceleration... How strange the Viper was faster after 140mph :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall:

You can see it at 1:28 too. Downforce doesn't exactly help acceleration... How strange the Viper was faster after 140mph :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall:

Thats the only time it has traction. The Viper is also a lighter car with 100 more hp. It says Venom 1000, but it is an 1100hp car.

Funny how ALL the stock Euro cars perform WAY under their capabilites, while the ONE american car performs blistering fast. The Veyron can do 0-300km/h in 16.7 seconds, no way it uses 7.5 secs from 300 to 321km/h.

And neither the SLR or the M reaches 200mph? I think they put Diesel on the Euro cars.

they said the Veyron did 100 mph in 6.2? thats much slower than other magazins (5.5 seconds). so it wasnt going to its full potential either.

they said the Veyron did 100 mph in 6.2? thats much slower than other magazins (5.5 seconds). so it wasnt going to its full potential either.

Probably did not use the 2nd key.

The Veyron takes about 9.5 seconds to go from 125-185, and the faster you go, the longer it takes to accelerate.

It was probably about 85 out that day, so the heat is going to be a power killer. But they got to 60 in 2.8 seconds, so the 60-100 does make you wonder a little. Hell, my Stealth could do 60-100 in 4.4 seconds, and its only like 500hp crank! But, Ive seen a few places where the Veyron was timed 0-124mph in about 7.4 seconds.

The Venom also was faster to 200 because its 1,100 wheel hp, and not crank like Veyron. What also makes me wonder is how when American magazines get these times out of cars, why they are so pathetic, even with a pro driver. 11.7 1/4 in the Venom? Really pathetic. I did 11.6 in my Stealth. 10.6 in the Veyron? Not bad, Ive seen better.

As far as the second key, it should have been used for sure. At 137mph the spoiler pops up and the car lowers, but with the second key, that added drag wouldnt have been there.

Funny you should mention this, today when I was at Lambo of Scottsdale getting the recall done on the G I was talking with the lambo tech who is actually a great guy and knows his stuff. He was telling me that when he went for the training certification for the LP640 that they actually got the 6.5 litre engine that is in the car now, making 900HP but they de-tuned it down to 640HP because the chassis cannot handle the stress of that much power.

Also how could anyone compare a viper to a buggati ?? Thats crazy. To me the Buggati isn't just a car, its a masterpiece, a fine display of art in the form of a car. Its in a league of its own. Kind of like the mona lisa of cars for this generatiion. A viper ????? :gay: Even the new one with 600HP looks awful, they could have at least changed the body style to make it look better. The car looks so out dated. Horrible.

Also how could anyone compare a viper to a buggati ?? Thats crazy. To me the Buggati isn't just a car, its a masterpiece, a fine display of art in the form of a car. Its in a league of its own. Kind of like the mona lisa of cars for this generatiion. A viper ????? :gay: Even the new one with 600HP looks awful, they could have at least changed the body style to make it look better. The car looks so out dated. Horrible.

Thats what the big difference in American vs European auto journalism is about. Americans its about power and speed(the basis for the comparison) and Europeans (Top Gear) is that and everything else imaginable.

Funny you should mention this, today when I was at Lambo of Scottsdale getting the recall done on the G I was talking with the lambo tech who is actually a great guy and knows his stuff. He was telling me that when he went for the training certification for the LP640 that they actually got the 6.5 litre engine that is in the car now, making 900HP but they de-tuned it down to 640HP because the chassis cannot handle the stress of that much power.

900hp naturally aspirated? LOL

900 hp? I heard 750 which sounds more realistic. well, back when they created the V12 is was making over 100 hp/litre and that was in the 60s.

I love the Viper, but the Veyron is a Veyron.

The Veyron is amazing. Dunno why they made the driver wear a track suit/helmut. Guy could of made that run with a cup of joe in one hand and a cell phone in the other!!

The Venom also was faster to 200 because its 1,100 wheel hp, and not crank like Veyron.

Just wondering, but by that do you mean having 1001 crank horsepower, it decreases to 900-something wheel horsepower, whereas the Viper had 1,100 wheel HP, so it was able to accelerate faster?

I wonder what would have happened if the Viper didnt have DRs and tire warmers.

The airforce runway was perfect for the 0-200 mph run, but crappy for launches. The Viper only managed a 11.7@ 146 mph quarter mile vs 10.6@ 138 mph for the Veyron during the shootout. The trap speeds are interesting though, because the Viper destroyed the Veyron on traps even at the quarter and clearly made up for lost time/bad launch on the way up to 200mph. The Veyron didn't stand a chance and DRs didn't give the Viper any advantage. The advantage was with the Veyron due to its sophisticated awd/launch control program. After reading the article, it looks the Lingenfelter POS would also give a Veyron a good run for the money.

It is a pity that they used a stock murci for the test. Next year we need a twin turbo Gallardo representing!

Just wondering, but by that do you mean having 1001 crank horsepower, it decreases to 900-something wheel horsepower, whereas the Viper had 1,100 wheel HP, so it was able to accelerate faster?

Wheel horsepower is typically 18%-20% lower than crank hp. It is power displayed at the wheels of the car vs. the motor.

If the Venom is 1100 wheel horsepower, it would be 1375 crank hp at a 20% loss. wheel hp divided by .80=crank hp.

I knew it was gonna happen sooner or later.