im buying a brand new segway! no more walking from now on.....

zoomboy

... what if you were injured (e.g. broken foot) and you couldn't walk? This might be better than a wheel chair, no?

In that scenario it would be better to be sitting in order to relieve the pressure on the injured limb.

I tried a nice set of Cobra snake skin ankle boots a couple weeks back.

I`d rather spend 7K on those to get me about.

I think these are an absolute waste of time as a recreational tool. I could see using one to go from my parked car in a downtown area to work if parking was far away, but other than that......no.

You guys are going to end up like those people on the Wall-E movie!!

The Segways are being used all over Miami from Mall Security to South Beach Segway Tours, etc, etc. I just don't see the practicality of it if I can't get it in the trunk of my car with ease. I'll just spend the same $$$ on some good HGH and get lots more out of it... including plenty of hassle free, non-tiring walking :-)

You guys are going to end up like those people on the Wall-E movie!!

The Segways are being used all over Miami from Mall Security to South Beach Segway Tours, etc, etc. I just don't see the practicality of it if I can't get it in the trunk of my car with ease. I'll just spend the same $$$ on some good HGH and get lots more out of it... including plenty of hassle free, non-tiring walking :-)

HGH?! funny alternative, isn't a cycle about 4k?

human_growth_hormone.jpg

I think these are an absolute waste of time as a recreational tool. I could see using one to go from my parked car in a downtown area to work if parking was far away, but other than that......no.

I live 6 km which is 12 minutes from work. I could use one to commute.

Also wonder about convicted drunk drivers. Can they drive one with out a licence?

I also find that an hour of walking around a mall has my back hurting so I wonder what the segway would be like.

I know I should go to the DR. I plan to some day I swear.

Segway's are a blast to put around on and they get a ton of attention. I rented one and kind of rode it around a "downtown" type area and every minute someone was asking to check it out. Pretty neat.

Segway's are a blast to put around on and they get a ton of attention. I rented one and kind of rode it around a "downtown" type area and every minute someone was asking to check it out. Pretty neat.

As an attention whoring device, they come second to none, but sheer practicality and usability is just no question. I prefer to walk, because someday I may not be able too.