Urraco on Ebay

Ray G

Guest ralt12

Isleroman said:

As for this Urraco, CA buyers are screwed. Cars 1976 and older are exempt, but this one is a '77, so all rules apply. I doubt anyone will be able to get it registered there.

I'm not so sure they're totallt hosed, which is why I'm asking the questions. Sure, '76 is the key year, but that doesn't mean that a post-'76 car can't make it work well enough to pass the sniffer. My Uracco was a Cal model, so the factory clearly recognized that registration in Cal was intended, but I don't know if they thought about the P300 in that manner.

Also don't know if it matters now if it was a Cal model, as it would fall under the "used car" rules, since it has over 7500 miles.

I do think the P300 is a much nicer effort than the P250 (or the P200, that we don't really see in the States). Bigger displacement, 4-cam instead of two, (most importantly) chain drive instead of belts, so all in all a nice boost in hp over the P250.

(and, no family in a registration -friendly state).

Guest ralt12

And another question--the Illustrated Lamborghini Buyers Guide, 2nd edition, says that P300 serial numbers range from 30,000 to 30,200, and the Italian-market P200--phyically identical in appearance to the P300 motor--has serial numbers that range from 20000 to 20600 (despite the small production numbers, 66 for the P200 and 190 for the P300).

Frankly, I don't think those production numbers are right, as I've seen 205 for the P300 as well, but the car being sold has a serial number of 20302. So the question is, are the reference materials off base or is the car really a P200?

(kicking myself for not stepping up to the plate on Isleroman's yellow gem...)

And another question--the Illustrated Lamborghini Buyers Guide, 2nd edition, says that P300 serial numbers range from 30,000 to 30,200, and the Italian-market P200--phyically identical in appearance to the P300 motor--has serial numbers that range from 20000 to 20600 (despite the small production numbers, 66 for the P200 and 190 for the P300).

Frankly, I don't think those production numbers are right, as I've seen 205 for the P300 as well, but the car being sold has a serial number of 20302. So the question is, are the reference materials off base or is the car really a P200?

(kicking myself for not stepping up to the plate on Isleroman's yellow gem...)

very good question.

i have also been wondering about the serial number range.

Guest ralt12

I think the Guide is incorrect, as the Lamborghini Registry has the car listed.

FYI, the seller says this:

Smog equipment still in place. No reason to believe it doesn't work (No smog in current environs); No drive train or steering problems of any kind; electric windows work just fine;all guages functional except fuel guage (which only indicates between 1/4 to 3/4 of a tank -- anything over 1/2 and you're OK), and the clock (which is precisely correct only twice per day).

An interesting car.

Isleroman said:

As for this Urraco, CA buyers are screwed. Cars 1976 and older are exempt, but this one is a '77, so all rules apply. I doubt anyone will be able to get it registered there.

I'm not so sure they're totallt hosed, which is why I'm asking the questions. Sure, '76 is the key year, but that doesn't mean that a post-'76 car can't make it work well enough to pass the sniffer. My Uracco was a Cal model, so the factory clearly recognized that registration in Cal was intended, but I don't know if they thought about the P300 in that manner.

Also don't know if it matters now if it was a Cal model, as it would fall under the "used car" rules, since it has over 7500 miles.

I do think the P300 is a much nicer effort than the P250 (or the P200, that we don't really see in the States). Bigger displacement, 4-cam instead of two, (most importantly) chain drive instead of belts, so all in all a nice boost in hp over the P250.

(and, no family in a registration -friendly state).

Sorry, I jumped into the discussion when someone suggested you could get by without smog pumps, and without reading the ad, I was assuming (see what happens) that the smog equipment was missing on this Urraco. If all there and functioning, you have a chance, but it still won't be easy. I think in CA, the smog stations are also able to tune the cars if they fail, correct? In AZ, they are separate state run facilities, so when your car is borderline emissions legal, there can be a significant amount of back and forth between the repair shop and the smog station until the car passes. It's a huge hassle that I wouldn't want to bother with. Now in AZ, we got lucky in that this year they finally implemented a collector car emissions exemption, whereby any "collectible" car over 15 yo can be exempt, as long as you carry collector car insurance on it. That's how all my non-daily drivers are registered.

Guest ralt12

In the end, it looks like a decent buy for a P300. Hopefully, the new buyer will give us a report on the car.

In the end, it looks like a decent buy for a P300. Hopefully, the new buyer will give us a report on the car.

the buyer has purchased many vehicles and appears to be overseas. My guess is he either purchased for resale or is a broker who has a client.

About tne P300 chassis number, Lamborghini doesn't used all the number, they used peer number from 20000, the last P300 have the number 20562, my own car is 20494, I know one exception with number 20003, some P111 have chassis number in the same serie...

Did the brown P300 sell on eBay ?

If it did, how much was the sales price ?

Did the brown P300 sell on eBay ?

If it did, how much was the sales price ?

SOLD at $27,750.

From all appearances, it looks like a legit sale and will be traveling across the pond.(based on the buyer being overseas)

SOLD at $27,750.

From all appearances, it looks like a legit sale and will be traveling across the pond.(based on the buyer being overseas)

I like the Urraco's bizarre looking dash. If the car is the real deal (accurately described), it would appear to be a nice buy.

Actually its a P-111. This car was in Pittsburgh for many years and it has a a smogged 2.5 liter engine. Several P-111's had the pP300 type serial # this is one of them.

There is a long story involved as to why. Bob Grossman tried to bring in 4-5 cars and change the motor to the 3 liter model. He was "caught" paid a fine and the cars kept the smaller motor.

Paul

Guest ralt12

Ooops. That would explain why there's no picture of the motor, it's a dead giveaway. A "real" P300 would be a much more attractive car than a P250, in my view.

That car in germany is from UK and a P250 not a P300... I saw some other pictures from the english owner which made the car not look as described...