The ///AMG thread™

MONACO BODYGUARDS

Those last seats you posted MB are out of a CLK DTM i think. Because the spoiler in the back window is off the DTM. Not the lip spoiler on the black series. And the US Black Series cars had very different seats then that. The US ones also offered very good side bolsters though. You get a spinal realignment everytime you drove it!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those last seats you posted MB are out of a CLK DTM i think. Because the spoiler in the back window is off the DTM. Not the lip spoiler on the black series. And the US Black Series cars had very different seats then that. The US ones also offered very good side bolsters though. You get a spinal realignment everytime you drove it!

plus i think the inner door panels are cf on the black and that looks like normal clk door lining

plus i think the inner door panels are cf on the black and that looks like normal clk door lining

No the inner door panels on Kevin's (SLYKMR) werent. They were leather and the heaviest fcuking doors you could ever imagine. A few times getting into his on his steep ass driveway I thought the thing was going to close and chop my lower leg off! I might be wrong as there might have been an insert but the doors for the most part were a nice mix of leather, plastic, and what felt like pure fcuking lead!

No the inner door panels on Kevin's (SLYKMR) werent. They were leather and the heaviest fcuking doors you could ever imagine. A few times getting into his on his steep ass driveway I thought the thing was going to close and chop my lower leg off! I might be wrong as there might have been an insert but the doors for the most part were a nice mix of leather, plastic, and what felt like pure fcuking lead!

ah but dam, the ones in the 550 are heavy as hell too guess they are the same, my driveway is very steep i've had the same fear sometimes, It requires a fair amount of force to open it when parked perpendicular to the slope.

You are right ! :icon_thumleft: You clearly see the spoiler back. Looks like nice seats.

S 65 ///AMG

This beautiful S 65 ///AMG belongs to another member here, peakcompletions.

Car has been modified with a Wald kit PKG1 and has 670HP/840 TQ.

Do I love it.... yes I do !!!

2007mercedess65001.jpg

2007mercedess65003j.jpg

s65waldupdate011.jpg

s65waldupdate003.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

WOW what a coincidence, I have been looking at the Black Bison kit by Wald for a couple weeks. I love it too. :icon_thumleft:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

///AMG Safety & Medical Cars

///AMG Safety Cars:

1996: C 36 AMG (W 202)

1997: CLK 55 AMG (C 208)

2000: CL 55 AMG (C 215)

2001: SL 55 AMG (R 230)

2003: CLK 55 AMG (C 209)

2004: SLK 55 AMG (R 171)

2006: CLK 63 AMG (C 209)

2008: SL 63 AMG (R 230)

///AMG Medical Cars:

1996: C 36 AMG (W 202)

1997: E 60 AMG (W 212) starting with Grand Prix in Imola (Italy)

1998: C 55 AMG (S 202)

2001: C 32 AMG (S 203)

2004: C 55 AMG (S 203)

2008: C 63 AMG (S 204)

As early as 1984, an AMG E-Class Coupé with V8 engine was used occasionally as the Medical Car. Consequently, the activities of the Affalterbach-based company are also evidence of Mercedes-Benz's long-standing commitment to Formula 1.

3.gif

2000_Mercedes_Benz_CL_55_AMG_F1_Safety_Car_2.jpg

2004_2005_Mercedes_Benz_SLK_55_AMG_F1_Safety_Car_3.jpg

Merc_SL55AMG135_1024.jpg

2006_2007_Mercedes_Benz_CLK_63_AMG_F1_Safety_Car_2.jpg

mercedes_sl_c_63_race_formula_1.jpg

mercedes_benz_c63_amg_wagon_medical_car_3_cd_gallery.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

SAFETY CAR SLS ///AMG 2010

Sometimes, speed equals safety. Perhaps nowhere else is that more true than on a racetrack when you're piloting the so-called safety car and you've got a pack of Formula One cars riding up your tailpipe. Good thing, then, that the newest safety car to be used for F1 duty is the 571-horsepower Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG.

Interestingly, that tailpipe is the only mechanical change made to the SLS AMG to bring it up to Official F1 Safety Car specs. Mercedes-Benz left everything else on the car, including the engine, suspension and carbon-ceramic brakes, stock. Not that you won't be able to tell the difference between the Safety Car and a standard Gullwing – a new carbon fiber hood with front-mounted camera, rear number plate with a camera and 700 LEDs and an "aerodynamically optimised roof light bar" (for the first time using all LEDs) ensure nobody can miss this particular SLS AMG.

For what it's worth, the SLS AMG replaces the SL63 AMG, which had been the Official Safety Car for the previous two seasons. Again, the F1 Safety Car will be piloted by former DTM driver Bernd Mayländer. Also, the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Estate will serve as the Official F1 Medical Car.

mb_sls_amg_safety06.jpg

mb_sls_amg_safety03.jpg

mb_sls_amg_safety12.jpg

mb_sls_amg_safety13.jpg

Very nice car indeed. Perfect DD, and in white...... :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

Its like a swiss army knife. it can be whtever you want it to be with a twist of a knob or a push of a button. And the exhust note is sutble around town but comes to life when you stomp the loud pedal. If you told me 2 years ago I would love a mercedes this much I would have told you to piss off, but now I can promise you a SLS is next.