The ///AMG thread™

MONACO BODYGUARDS

Yeah, i would like to know his thoughts. But I still think I'm going with the ZR1 as my daily.

Well as Kevin said before, was a really cool/fun car. But would have been like a good 8th or 9th car. I had it as a DD for 3 months and it was a blast. No complaints except it ATE the tires. The auto tranny was nice for daily driving and really the best way to drive the car. The paddles were not very responsive but were nice at times if you needed to hurry and downshift. One thing that I was not a fan of was the interior, so much damn plastic and shit and then like 3 pieces of CF. Just seems like for that much money they would have put some nicer materials in there, but guess that defeats the purpose of the "Black series." What are you using it for so then I can give you my .02 on whether or not its a fit?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The CLK63 BS seems like a bad ass car--- I have found some cool videos on you tube and there seem to be some positive feedback on it.... tell us Monaco what you think about this 507HP beast....

Monaco,

Whats your thoughts on the CLK 63 Black?

I like just about everything about that car. The looks, the performance, the power.... it is a special car.... for the special owner.

I think this is your kind of car kane, completely different than the ZR1 and then again not so different. Both cars are BRUTAL in their own ways.

Don't worry about the tranny, you can get a AMG manual gear shift mode giving you more control. Same thing I had on my SL.

Another option is to put Kleemann LSD and their performance kit. THAT is a bomb!

Kleemann rework the car's exhaust system by installing a high-flow unit complete with matching downpipes. Next, a set of 200-cell steel sport catalysts will be integrated into the exhaust package that not only allow for more breathing room and power, but also give a deeper, more menacing GROWL to the AMG coupe. Topping off the under hood performance mods is a remapped ECU designed to keep all the new components in proper working order.

The Kleemann engine power is increased to 545 HP and 675 Nm of torque ensuring a top speed of more than 320 km/h and an acceleration from 0-100 km/h in just 4 seconds.

What do you think ?

illus_pressdealers.jpg

Default.jpg

I really like the CLS! It is a car I have considered myself instead of a SL. This car could be used for both business and shopping.

PLEASE post up more pics of your car! :) And tell us more about the tuning kit rom Renntech :icon_thumleft:

Thanks.

and you are absolutely right, its a perfect car for both worlds, elegant, sporty and accommodate 4 adults.

and when you need to go fast.. it is fast.

i installed only the Carbon Air Box and the ECU, so far i noticed better throttle response, and the car really pulls a lot harder specially at top end.

i enjoy working and installing modification my self, but work keeping me busy sometimes i also need a crankshaft pulley holder tool.

holidays soon so hopefully i install and report back.

I remember, about 8-9 years ago, as a beginning driver, I was often driving to one of my friends' place and there was this beauty of a C43 AMG that would often fly by me and very illegal speeds, EVERYTIME I saw him!!! :) It was just a badass car...it was probably a late 90s, early 2000s car, just like your cars were Monaco. I still have a crush on that car even though it's very "dated" now.

I was teaching a friend of mine to drive his C36 ///AMG. We had many funny trips in our cars. Back then it was a fast and rare car.

The C36/43 were great cars and I STILL like them :icon_thumleft:

C43_AMG.JPG

20291yo.jpg

The C36/43 were great cars and I STILL like them :icon_thumleft:

Me to, i wanted one so badly for a long time. I kind of still do, but I don't know if I want the C55 or the C63 now, good thing I can't afford either right now.

It was exactly like that one Monaco. Black C43. :)

Some light reading...And a real AMG :icon_mrgreen:

Thank you, I enjoyed the article.

I have been into one of those. An AMG manager once picked me up at the airport in one of those and he was not exactly driving it slow on the way back.....

post_389_1258715117.png

Me to, i wanted one so badly for a long time. I kind of still do, but I don't know if I want the C55 or the C63 now, good thing I can't afford either right now.

I think that the C36/43 would be a much better deal than the C55/63, you would not be disappointed with a C43 !

post_389_1258715117.png

I think that the C36/43 would be a much better deal than the C55/63, you would not be disappointed with a C43 !

I think there's a few for sale, I'm more worried about maintenance, as I own businesses so i do a crap load of driving and my Acura's take a BEATING, but they keep trucking, (I won't replace my Acura). My cars go in for services all the time on time so that's a bonus, I just hope I don't have super high hopes for the C43 if I use it as my daily driver.

I had a C43 AMG for a couple of years. Outstanding car. The motor was hand built and had 3 valves and 2 spark plugs per cylinder, It was a v8. Its torque curve was great. I raced my buddy in a manual E36 M3 and the C43 was clearly faster. I will try to scan some pics and post them.

Monaco,

Thanks for the insight.

I'm looking at a Black edition today. Still leaning towards the ZR1 but I'm a big fan of both cars.

I had a C43 AMG for a couple of years. Outstanding car. The motor was hand built and had 3 valves and 2 spark plugs per cylinder, It was a v8. Its torque curve was great. I raced my buddy in a manual E36 M3 and the C43 was clearly faster. I will try to scan some pics and post them.

NICE!!!! Looking forward to see the pics :icon_thumleft:

post_389_1258715117.png

Monaco,

Thanks for the insight.

I'm looking at a Black edition today. Still leaning towards the ZR1 but I'm a big fan of both cars.

No problem at all, you are very welcome my friend. Let me know what you think after you have been looking at it in the weekend?

Which color was the BS you were looking at?

mercedes_clk63_black_series_brochure_cover_08.jpg

MB_CLK_63_AMG_Black_Series.jpg