Bodyguards, Secret Service, Weapons, Travel Security and Dangerous Places

MONACO BODYGUARDS

Most Dangerous Places on Earth

My school buddies ( 6 or 7 in total ) got back from a 4 week trip to Cuba, Mexico, columbia, Chile, Panama, Guatemala and Puerto Rico.

They are ALL white New Zealanders. They stayed cheaply ( hostels ), got blindingly drunk and high ( coke and weed ) in all of the countries bar Chile ( 2 buddies HITCH-HIKED from Chile to Bogota!!!! ), went to the Darien Gap where they came across military/ border guards/ militia carrying machine guns, who proceeded to laugh at them when my buddies told them they were sightseeing. Bordered a plane carrying "medical supplies" from somewhere near the Darien to somewhere closer to Panama City. Trekked for 5 nights through the hinterland of Panama on horseback and generally got up to complete mischief.

Loose doesnt begin to describe it, and they all came out scott free ( other than getting hassled by the Panamanian Police for not carrying their tourist cards.

A trip is as safe as you make it. You probably couldnt do it more dangerously ( in terms of experiences/ situations ) than what these guys did, and they came out fine. Blinding luck perhaps, maybe not.

These pretty much sum up the trip. Taken in Boca Del Toros.

n505366675_750039_6585.jpg

n505366675_750013_1960.jpg

I could be blinding luck but I will also say that travelling 7 guys together in a group reduces the risk by many %.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MONACO BODYGUARDS™ presents:

SECRET SERVICE PROTECTION thread™

Revealing some of SECRET SERVICE "secrets" and methods. Pictures, news & questions.

US_SecretService.png

I could be blinding luck but I will also say that travelling 7 guys together in a group reduces the risk by many %.

Whilst that is possible. If someone pulls an AK47 on me and im in a group of 6 or so, im sure as shit not gonna resist. Let alone in the middle of nowhere.

Whilst that is possible. If someone pulls an AK47 on me and im in a group of 6 or so, im sure as shit not gonna resist. Let alone in the middle of nowhere.

You are free to ask for a second opinion, but this was my opinion.

I do not have any exact answer to why everything went well. But another factor could be that these guys don't look particularly wealthy. Or maybe they have what I call travel smartness, and with that you come a long way.

You are free to ask for a second opinion, but this was my opinion.

I do not have any exact answer to why everything went well. But another factor could be that these guys don't look particularly wealthy. Or maybe they have what I call travel smartness, and with that you come a long way.

Sorry, didnt mean for the tone of my response to sound like i was rubbishing yours. I appreciate you taking the time to do so.

I think certain nationalities are more at risk ( american for one ) but also some are more likely to over react and panic in situations where it is unnecessary to have such reactions, which can escalate the situation. Kiwis ( especially younger travelers, but kiwis in general ) are pretty easy going and are probably more able to defuse a situation without further escalation.

Travel smartness i guess.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my ramblings.

Most Dangerous Place on Earth

Sorry, didnt mean for the tone of my response to sound like i was rubbishing yours. I appreciate you taking the time to do so.

I think certain nationalities are more at risk ( american for one ) but also some are more likely to over react and panic in situations where it is unnecessary to have such reactions, which can escalate the situation. Kiwis ( especially younger travelers, but kiwis in general ) are pretty easy going and are probably more able to defuse a situation without further escalation.

Travel smartness i guess.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my ramblings.

NO problem my friend !!! And I agree 100% on that kiwis ( and Austraulian people) in general are pretty easy going = important factor too.

CRAZY thing is that I was thinking to write that too but left it alone...

Where are you located?

NO problem my friend !!! And I agree 100% on that kiwis ( and Austraulian people) in general are pretty easy going = important factor too.

CRAZY thing is that I was thinking to write that too but left it alone...

Where are you located?

Yeah we are pretty good travelers, up for anything.

I'm in Auckland, New Zealand.

Are you still "active"? Or do you take a more managerial/ organizational role now? Private security fascinates me.

MONACO BODYGUARDS™

Yeah we are pretty good travelers, up for anything.

I'm in Auckland, New Zealand.

Are you still "active"? Or do you take a more managerial/ organizational role now? Private security fascinates me.

I am a relatively young adult. I do the most dangerous assignments myself, take a look here:

MONACO BODYGUARDS™ - To all my friends at Lambo Power

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...32734&st=20

If you see any government bodyguards they are almost always adult; Secret Service, PET, GSG 9 etc and take a look at Mugabes bodyguards in the picture below:

robert_Mugabe.jpg

Things are pretty rough in Zim atm. Random beatings and murders are a daily occurance :(

I dont know if some of you travel to South Africa but that can also be pretty dangerous for tourists not just "White People" but Indian too, a friend of mine was shot for his Cooper S hire car a couple of years back. I dont usually have any trouble though as i "Blend In" :)

They are ALL white New Zealanders.

i know it's off topic, but, FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS anyone?

Unit6, you have a nice and useful thread here, but may i suggest you also say what regions in the countries you are posting are dangerous? For example Turkey is pretty safe, except for turkish Kurdistan where kidnappings of foreigners do occur. Turkish Kurdistan has been a hotspot for years, and tourists are highly discouraged to travel there unprotected.

My school buddies ( 6 or 7 in total ) got back from a 4 week trip to Cuba, Mexico, columbia, Chile, Panama, Guatemala and Puerto Rico.

Just because the country is unsafe doesn't mean something bad is going to happen.

It's just like doing 120+ MPH in traffic on public roads - does it mean you are going to crash and kill yourself? NO, BUT it does increase the risk significantly of getting yourself hurt or killed than if you were driving 65 MPH.

How does Egypt rate today? I spent a month there in '97 and passed thru Luxor 5 days before the horrific massacre at the temple of Hatshepsut My girlfriend and I hiked from the Valley of the Kings to that very temple. Later on I read that the terrorists were camping out (and waiting) in the the hills we were hiking on, at around the same time..... On the same trip, we also went scuba diving at Sharm el Shiek, which also had a terrorist attack a few years ago.

Heh, I'm not surprised "home" (Pakistan) is on that list...it's the reason i haven't been able to go in a while. I don't intend to either anymore, but eh.

How does Egypt rate today? I spent a month there in '97 and passed thru Luxor 5 days before the horrific massacre at the temple of Hatshepsut My girlfriend and I hiked from the Valley of the Kings to that very temple. Later on I read that the terrorists were camping out (and waiting) in the the hills we were hiking on, at around the same time..... On the same trip, we also went scuba diving at Sharm el Shiek, which also had a terrorist attack a few years ago.

At this time I would rate Egypt at a 2. It should be relatively safe travelling with smartness and common sense.

It sounds like a great trip by the way.

At this time I would rate Egypt at a 2. It should be relatively safe travelling with smartness and common sense.

It sounds like a great trip by the way.

Yeah it was. We also took a awd drive car into the desert and camped out for a few days, plus visited a couple of oasis towns. Every morning there would be an inch of sand in the tent, due to the shitty quality of Egyptian camping gear!! Our driver didn't have a GPS, and dead reckoned his way thru a very big, mostly empty chunk of the Sahara We stopped at an unprotected ruin, where an old man showed us around. He brought us to a partially mummified skeleton... with a big grin on his face, he picked up the skull by a strand of scraggly hair by and tossed it over to me. :icon_mrgreen:

The Red Sea has some great diving, I would like to go back some day, and spend a week or so checking it out.

The Red Sea has some great diving, I would like to go back some day, and spend a week or so checking it out.

Best in the world (so I have been told). I have to take a vacation (diving vacation) down there sometime.

Best in the world (so I have been told). I have to take a vacation (diving vacation) down there sometime.

It is the best in the world. I would also suggest if you would like to go to the Red Sea, go to Aqaba in Jordan. Jordan is one of the safest countries in the world and there aren't so many tourists as on the egyptian side of the sea.

Pristine, with a lot of beautiful reefs, fish, walls, etc. Most of the dive shops/boats are run by Europeans, and they take their rental equipment seriously. Good stuff.

Sharm el Shiek is very touristry, fake, a typical resort like you might find anywhere.. A little farther north there is Dahab, which has some funky charm, and is more laid back.

Not trying to thread hijack.

Dahab has wonderful diving. I was there last summer and enjoyed pristine diving. Also if you can convince a dive master it is possible to try to see the remains of chariot wheels in the Red Sea just 30 miles north of Aquaba. Enjoy.

Sharm has experienced too many dives.....trash and other debris in the water.