how many QV DD in the USA?

axis007

just curious, does anyone out there know how many QV DD are in the country, and how many they made world wide?

I believe their are around 15 cars in the USA.

Steve

Ken

Mike

John

- You guys should know the precise #'s.

Check the Registry and Lamborghini Cars, for actual RoW production #'s.

There were 15 that Nastasi brought in, I think they were all in 1985.

There are more than 15 in the US today.

610 QV 's were made, more than half of that are DD. Only the US cars were injected.

Once the car is 25 years old you can bring them into the US without conversion.

300-400 DD cars in the world is still a small number.

The only smaller numbers are:

The LP400 = 157 cars

The LP400S1 = 50 cars

The LP400S2 = 105 cars

although I really don't know these figures accurately, anyone REALLY know?

my car is an '86 and is as far as I know one of the original 14?....15? Nastasi cars

I know 'Scott' had the one and only '88 black/tan car - I think Roy Cats sold that car?

see...I don't really know

ignore this post... :icon_mrgreen:

although I really don't know these figures accurately, anyone REALLY know?

my car is an '86 and is as far as I know one of the original 14?....15? Nastasi cars

I know 'Scott' had the one and only '88 black/tan car - I think Roy Cats sold that car?

I don't know for sure myself... and I don't think there is a way to know the number of "grey" cars that were snuck in.

To just pick a number....if there were 350 made, then I would say 50 or less in the US.

Or to put it another way... if there are 20 in the US then even after you can import them I think it will be less than 100.

Ask Ken QV

610 QV 's were made, more than half of that are DD. Only the US cars were injected.

Tony, 90% of all Swiss 4 valve cares are injected - several in Germany too. I had spoken to LAmborghini about this at the 40th and they figure about 265-290 DD pre 25th.

Tony, 90% of all Swiss 4 valve cares are injected - several in Germany too. I had spoken to LAmborghini about this at the 40th and they figure about 265-290 DD pre 25th.

Alex, this is completely wrong, all swiss QV's were DD except one which was a import from the states.

Also all 25th in Switzerland were DD except 2 cars Max Bobnar imported from California.

I don't know who you have spoken at lamborghini about this, but obviously this person has no clue...

Alex,

when in Swiss i got the chance to talk about swiss countach, they were somewhere, but not much, different from other euro cars from 5000S (they have some pollution regulation ...) but the Swiss QV were usually DD

you can see usually at least a QV any time for sale in Swiss and is very likely a DD ( Affolter , ecc...)

i am not sure about the swiss 25th : i thought lamborghini did not export countach officially to Swiss after 1988

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this said with the good old lamborghini factory everything and the opposite is possible and i personally seen or saw in pics:

-1 swiss DD anniversary countach (exp. built for Max Bobnar and swiss road legal)

-2 siwss FI anniversary (black and white)

-1 FI QV in Italy

-and some FI QV around Europe

last thing i am not sure QV come in FI only for the US market, i think there were other country

Swiss road legal law said that every car after 1. October 1986 must have a catalyst, this was the reason Max Bobnar bought the entire September production from the factory (HLA12042-HLA12052), all cars which came later into switzerland got a special production date or were FI cars with catalyst.

The special 25th of Max Bobnar was never road legal and always driven with his famous dealer plates SO-303-U (U = dealer plate).

There are about 10 25th in Switzerland, all DD except 3 FI cars imported from the states, one FI is now in Japan the 2 others still in Switzerland.

tksd for claryfing it

my understanding is the special DD anni in metallic red is in Japan now, correct?

FI = catalyst, there is no carbed QV with catalysts...

The FI/catalyst CT was never homologated by Lamborghini in Switzerland, that's the reason why there were hardly any CT's past October 1986.

I just checked, we had 3 white 25th all FI, 4 red ones half/half, 3 black two of them for sure FI, the third I think carbed.

I suppose all the FI cars were imported from the states specially California which had a stronger emission law than Switzerland and therefore shouldn't have caused problems to register.

I have always been told the generally excepted number is 14...that's only because there are records for those. It would be foolish to think

that 14 is the true total....some were brought in claimed as "personal goods" not as cars so the papertrail would be severed and EPA/DOT avoided.

Plus there were a

few cases were all that mattered was money....if the government guy who was supposed to oversee the process got some money in his pocket, then all was

well and he looked the other way (so a few of these cars don't even have the rear side-markers- I think two of them). Most of the legal ones I've come across are 85 and 86my.

A few 87's and I own an 88. I just got in touch with the owner of another grey market car that is an 86.... All of these added seems to be around the

20 to 25 mark (mine and some others best estimates/). Two have been know to be severely wrecked at one time....That's typical Lamborghini for you though....NO exact or straight answers to anything. Every question steeped

in speculation and usually just creating more questions...personnally I love it, but it's not for everyone. Not like Fcars where they know to the vin number when they

changed the side mirrors etc.

As far as worldwide production for four valve cars, 610 seems to be the most common number. This number seems to include the 88.5 my but not the Anniv cars.

Anyway you cut it, pretty small numbers. As far as original records go, I was told they were stored above the engine test room, which just happened to catch fire

one day....possibly conveniently since it was during one of the many difficult financial times for the company and it was getting ready to change hands.

I'd guess total Countach production around 1985 units but that 's a factory number I believe.

Some cars were also shipped out of the USA.

I know of a white and red 85 weathered driver, that ended up in Japan a few years ago. The car was in the Pittsburgh area.

Never thought of the ones that may have left......Hopefully not too many, and hopefully

in a couple of a years maybe a few more will find their way to the States.

I followed this sorta close when I had my downdraft (and when I spent years shopping, too). There are a great many more than 14 in the States. My guess is between 50 and 100 (and probably closer to 100). I don't know if I have any of the notes any more, but I personally knew of over 30 of them.

That still is a pretty slim market, so they are still exceptionally rare. The whole story of the "original 12" or 14, or whatever the number was that were the only ones to make it into the USA was never founded in any kind of truth whatsoever. Nastasi grey-marketed 12 of them, as did lots of others that brought them in. Somehow everyone got the idea that the Nastasi cars were the only ones, or were factory official, or something like that. My old downdraft (and KenQV's too for that matter), are completely US legal cars that were grey-marketed by folks other than Nastasi.

I am finding it's a whole lot easier to track the SE30 's !!!! Thee are only 23 or 24 of those left in the States.....

Nastasi grey-marketed 12 of them, as did lots of others that brought them in. Somehow everyone got the idea that the Nastasi cars were the only ones, or were factory official, or something like that.
Valtellina Automobili had all the 5 CT's of the Rainmain Movie, they were not imported by Nastasi.

Just looked inside my door-jam and on the tag it says Imported By Leo R Vartan...

Name actually looks a little familiar but I can't recall why...anyone know this guy?

-the Rainman cars are off topic because they are not four valve cars-

I had started to research that a few years ago and never came up with a valid number. Goerge seems to think there is about 135 DD cars in the US. That came from a discussion with Nastasi himself years ago. (not all brought in by nastasi obviously)

I know we have worked on probably 40 DD's over the years. I believe there are more in the US then most would believe. Maybe not all legal :eusa_naughty:

Ya know Mike, you're in the perfect position to help start figuring this out...why don't you always have a camera at work

so you can take pictures and vins and let us know what you are coming across...maybe (with the owners permission) even put

the info on the Lambo Registry. It doesn't have to include anything personnal.....the factory has dropped the ball, so it's up to

owners and enthusiasts to address these things.

GoMifune, I would like for you to share some of your "personal records" if you can find them...100 seems kind of high because the community is so

small that I never hear anyone else offering new info about undiscovered cars. We only hear about the same ones. Previously the highest number I ever heard was 25...where are they all, I have to wonder? I think George Evans is also a member here...He might catch this thread and have some interesting info to contribute.

I have photos of about 13 different ones that were here at least for a time.

GoMifune, I would like for you to share some of your "personal records" if you can find them...100 seems kind of high because the community is so

small that I never hear anyone else offering new info about undiscovered cars. We only hear about the same ones. Previously the highest number I ever heard was 25...where are they all, I have to wonder? I think George Evans is also a member here...He might catch this thread and have some interesting info to contribute.

I have photos of about 13 different ones that were here at least for a time.

I will dig around one of these days and see if I can't find some of my old notes. To consider:

- When I was shopping, though it took a couple of years to do it I compiled a list of about 7 or 8 (not all of which were ovetly for sale, mind you). After I bought mine, a few more popped up that I kept some notes on (and even helped some friends of mine buy).

- Through Mike and George (see post above by Mike), I know of some that have passed through Evans shop - MIke's count in at about 40 that he has seen.

Extrapolating from the above, plus the random photos or acounts I have seen over the years (many of which I did not keep record of) I am guessing near 100.

There definately are some that were brought in via the "midnight ways and means commision" and will likely stay under wraps until the 25 year limit expires on DoT and EPA.