Any guesses what this is?

topcabron

it was a guess, but I do remember those things around in the wild 80's. I am not a big fan, do you like it? Looks kinda like a certain series Mazda RX-7.

it was a guess, but I do remember those things around in the wild 80's. I am not a big fan, do you like it? Looks kinda like a certain series Mazda RX-7.

proportions were way off. Huge front end, no back end. Looked like an extreem TR7.

Here in the states it was called the 280i. It was only legally imported here for a couple of years around 1985 through 1987. It has a 2.8 liter Ford Capri V6 in it which makes about 120 HP. I almost bought a white/tan model in late 1986 and I am glad I didn't. The one in the picture is a later car because it has the smaller bumpers. The earlier cars had big Countach style rubber things on the front and back. The car is actually not to bad looking with the top down, and it had a removeable center roof section as well as the full convertible top. The ones to have if you can stomach the maintenance is the euro 350i which is a 3.5 liter V8, and for the time, the really quick 420i. Both cars were Euro only and equal hunks of crap relative to the 280i model. Like many euro converted cars of the time, the EPA/DOT process really killed the car. I am amazed that thing is still running it really was a hunk of junk.

It's amazing how much useless information is floating around in my head :icon_mrgreen:

TVR POS.One the most unreliable cars you could own with shoddy finish

Exactly....common as shit over here....the later cars are great value and great fun...

griffith_1.jpg

bubblepicfeb0331.jpg

3123_14.jpg