Media went to Rob's house today.

MiSdIrEcTeD_1

MMhmm, why do I think some one from Fchat is influencing investigation and being a lil' brown noser? They are probably having a gay ol' time over there over this. Just because the media needs ratings, people are retarded, the police dept. is looking for cheap PR as if trying to prove they are competent, and jealous a-holes have nothing better to do a fine and hardworking member like Rob has to be abused.

If anything, I'm surprised LofS agreed to disclose that Rob is a customer of theirs. I would have expected they not even comment on the entire issue.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so after reading both threads about this im still confused. Have the police/any authorities actually made comment about charges etc?

I am getting the impression that this is just being fueled by tv networks etc...

(Sorry if this is covered in the linked videos, they are blocked here at work)

I don't know what Rob was thinking driving away from the house when he saw the news van. Doesn't make him look good, he should just park and walk into the house, smile at the camera and say "at this moment I was advised not to comment, its all a big misunderstading".

Even if this settles he'll be harassed left and right every time he drives that car.

I'm guessing that was just a matter of fast reaction, like a complete surprise and that was the first that came to mind. Good luck Rob. Rob needs a spokesperson or spokespeople sticking up for him because the fact that the community is demonizing him without any grounds for conviction other than him owning a Lamborghini is unfair.

Someone needs to question why the News and the police department has failed to investigate every video of high speed driving on public roads.

If anything, I'm surprised LofS agreed to disclose that Rob is a customer of theirs. I would have expected they not even comment on the entire issue.

Maybe their way of sticking it to Rob cause he bought his car from LoLV? :eusa_wall:

Ok so after reading both threads about this im still confused. Have the police/any authorities actually made comment about charges etc?

I am getting the impression that this is just being fueled by tv networks etc...

As far as I've observed, nope. It's all hearsay. Just another move for ratings and getting the public in an uproar over nothing. Next, they are going to find a possible link to June birthdays and Cancer. (Which is why I don't watch much loval news or FOX for that matter).

I'm guessing that was just a matter of fast reaction, like a complete surprise and that was the first that came to mind. Good luck Rob. Rob needs a spokesperson or spokespeople sticking up for him because the fact that the community is demonizing him without any grounds for conviction other than him owning a Lamborghini is unfair.

Someone needs to question why the News and the police department has failed to investigate every video of high speed driving on public roads.

Nobody wants to support somebody who's getting that kind of treatment on TV, easier to just say its all BS and stand aside.

Speeding is BAD, and to think of it, a good 80-90% of the population doesn't speed at all and consists of mostly haters.

The only thing the media keeps saying on all of the phx area news reports is "DPS will not comment, only saying they have opened a criminal investigation on the video"

Investigators focusing on YouTube speeder in Arizona

Cyrus Karimi

The Arizona Republic

Nov. 28, 2007 09:20 PM

An Internet video of Lamborghini claiming 219 mph on an Arizona highway has sparked an investigation by the Department of Public Safety.

The five minute video depicts several runs where the driver attempts to beat the previous run's top speed, with the final run resulting in a 219 mph top speed on what appears to be a Phoenix area freeway.

The video repeatedly zooms in to shot the speedometer and then back out to the road.

The video appeared on the website youtube.com, but has since been removed by the original poster. Somebody else reposted it, though.

DPS will not comment, only saying they have an opened a criminal investigation on the video.

The only thing the media keeps saying on all of the phx area news reports is "DPS will not comment, only saying they have opened a criminal investigation on the video"

Investigators focusing on YouTube speeder in Arizona

Cyrus Karimi

The Arizona Republic

Nov. 28, 2007 09:20 PM

An Internet video of Lamborghini claiming 219 mph on an Arizona highway has sparked an investigation by the Department of Public Safety.

The five minute video depicts several runs where the driver attempts to beat the previous run's top speed, with the final run resulting in a 219 mph top speed on what appears to be a Phoenix area freeway.

The video repeatedly zooms in to shot the speedometer and then back out to the road.

The video appeared on the website youtube.com, but has since been removed by the original poster. Somebody else reposted it, though.

DPS will not comment, only saying they have an opened a criminal investigation on the video.

Hmm ok thats what I had got the impression of anyway. Thanks

So without drawing the fury of all the amateur E-Lawyers that seem to appear on forums (Albeit Lpower is very lucky with this!), would they have a leg to stand on against the driver? Or since he has apparently gone back to his native country, the owner of the vehicle?

Lets just hope some ridiculous charges/fines aren't issued just to 'make an example' of one exotic driver.

You know what else is bullshit is that its obvious they are using it for ratings. They have a video page with one of the top videos as "See the uncut video of car reaching top speeds!" They KNOW as many people like it as dont, and they can title things as such to gather a wider audience... "Someone" should have copyrighted that video for profit. :lol:

"Someone" should have copyrighted that video for profit. :lol:

fcuk that, Rob should have charged Mcdonalds to put 2 seconds worth of BIG MAC in the middle of the final 219MPH run, at least it would have paid for the lawyer fees he's facing now.... :rant:

Why can't anyone pronounce the fricken name of the car correctly??? Even the DOOSHBAG Lambo of Scottsdale dealer cant get it right...sorry this chaps my ass...Oh, and why do people keep bringing up someone named Rob? We all know it was that German dude that drove the car, then went back to Germany straight to eat at HERR TACO! :icon_mrgreen:

Why can't anyone pronounce the fricken name of the car correctly??? Even the DOOSHBAG Lambo of Scottsdale dealer cant get it right...sorry this chaps my ass...Oh, and why do people keep bringing up someone named Rob? We all know it was that German dude that drove the car, then went back to Germany straight to eat at HERR TACO! :icon_mrgreen:

:lol2:

Whos this Rob guy? Im confused. Robert Redford? He doesnt drive exotics.

That German driver, is he the same guy that wrecked the Enzo on PCH and then walked away never to be found?

That German driver, is he the same guy that wrecked the Enzo on PCH and then walked away never to be found?

We may never know...unlike the schmuck from Lambo of Scottsdale, the owner of Herr Taco, never violates the trust of his customers...Viva Herr Taco!

Scottsdale lambo leaked the personal info -- they don't give a damn. From full name, the www.simyar.com, to being a dentist and presumably running an adult site.

The good thing is that a good lawyer can make this go away because the video from youtube doesn't prove that the car was breaking the speed limit. Video editing is very real.

The crappy thing is having to pay the fees for a 400 or more/hour lawyer for this.

Looks like they still think a 2006 Murcielago will do 219.... lol...

Um, it could have been a 2006 LP640...

Although the silver car pictured was not an LP because it was missing the front lips.

Seriously?! All i can say is fcuk the media, typical fear mongering tactics. I mean honestly, get a life.

sorry to say, we all tune in, we start threads. That shit is here to stay.