Sad Countach

DetroitDetomaso

That is the car I have been trying to find out where it is. That is the one the truck forced off of the road and a sign or tree went through the car and into the drivers area.

Do you know where it is. I have enough parts to fix it, or I think I do.

Chadbourn Bolles

803 532 ****

Minor collision... fortunately it has bumpers.

Sad!

Wasn't this the car from the NE with the father and son in it? Someone make out the lot # on the fender and I'll tell you where it went and for how much.

If I can read the date right, the date is 5/3/07, that is right in the time frame of that wreck.

Chadbourn Bolles

803 532 ****

Wasn't this the car from the NE with the father and son in it? Someone make out the lot # on the fender and I'll tell you where it went and for how much.

Yup, at Forza. It's only about 20-25 min from me.

Spoke with Peter this morning. He got it a few days ago.

I've put Chad in touch with him and hopefully that car will be heading to the Carolinas.

Just got off the phone with Peter, he told me the car has some extensive frame damage, so I gotta think about it long and hard. Sheet metal no problem, but a bent frame, BIG problem.

Thanks again for your help and the call, really appreciated it.

Chadbourn Bolles

803 532 ****

I've put Chad in touch with him and hopefully that car will be heading to the Carolinas.

Is frame tubing avaiable? I know someone who considered restoring a Daytona that had been wrapped around a tree, that oval F car stuff is near impossible to find. From what I can see, finding the right jig would be the hardest part. Who made the frames, Marchesi?

Is frame tubing avaiable? I know someone who considered restoring a Daytona that had been wrapped around a tree, that oval F car stuff is near impossible to find. From what I can see, finding the right jig would be the hardest part. Who made the frames, Marchesi?

yes, marchesi

from what i know tubes are available

John

As you already know, upon completion a salvage Daytona is worth at least two-three times the value of the restored salvage Countach. After this red 87 Countach is all fixed up, it probably is not worth a lot more than approx 50K.

Send it to Thailand, if you know someone that lives there. There are at least two good shops in Bangkok, that fix these type of exotics. The shop rates, would be substantially less than the rates in both Europe and the USA.

Just got off the phone with Peter, he told me the car has some extensive frame damage, so I gotta think about it long and hard. Sheet metal no problem, but a bent frame, BIG problem.

Thanks again for your help and the call, really appreciated it.

Chadbourn Bolles

803 532 ****

Chad,

Sent you a PM.

Brian

is it even possible to back half this car forward of the rear wheels and use the rear section to fix another c/t?

seems the pole or whatever the car hit would have caused the frame to twist into a "U" shape and deform along both sides.

also, after seeing the thread on that poor kid with the Supra, was the driver of this C/T and his son ok after this accident?

looks like the steering wheel was unbolted and not cut off.

also, after seeing the thread on that poor kid with the Supra, was the driver of this C/T and his son ok after this accident?

looks like the steering wheel was unbolted and not cut off.

This was the original accident thread, but it was never updated. It just says they were taken to hospital, apparently no fatalities, but it doesn't say how badly they were injured...

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=20787

This was the original accident thread, but it was never updated. It just says they were taken to hospital, apparently no fatalities, but it doesn't say how badly they were injured...

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=20787

thanks.

i hope they were ok.

sucks such a nice car was destroyed. i guess parts have to come from the dead cars, as some of this stuff is unobtainable any other way.

This car is going to cost a ton of money, to fix properly.

15K paint

Cost of the interior

Mechanical work

The cost to buy the project car

The unknown

The clutch

(Should I keep adding additional items that will come up) ?

How far, are you willing to invest in the car ?

It's not economically feasible to fix this car, unless there is a point in time where the 87 FI QV is worth $250k or more! Even then its still going to be a rebuilt story car.

Cost to buy project car, $28,000.00. I can get frame pieces, but you would have to tear the entire car apart, down to the frame, then start back. Finished, most likely in the $200,000.00 range. Then, like someone else said, you still have a salvage title car.

Another thought, unless you had nothing else to do, and could work on it every day, you are looking at 2 maybe 3 years worth of work. Heck, my own Countach is sitting in my storage shop, as I do not have enough time to get to it, I still do work for others, and that pays, my car does not.

Chadbourn Bolles

803 532 ****

This car is going to cost a ton of money, to fix properly.

15K paint

Cost of the interior

Mechanical work

The cost to buy the project car

The unknown

The clutch

(Should I keep adding additional items that will come up) ?

How far, are you willing to invest in the car ?