Nissan GT-R hugely underrated?

lambornima

perhaps. though I have a feeling that the dyno automatically converted it to crank figures, as the hp and torque #s are spot on with what Nissan claims. perhaps the numbers got lost in translation.

Should know more about "real world" performances soon as the first batch of cars are being delivered in Japan right now. I would like to know what NISMO has installed for this car. Mind you, IMO, I still like the Skyline BNR-34 GTR more.

Is at the hubs the new cool way to refer to whp? hhp?

I believe this is a 'compact' dyno where you remove the wheels, and in their place mount the dyno to the axle hub.

Could be wrong though, either way, I doubt those numbers

I believe this is a 'compact' dyno where you remove the wheels, and in their place mount the dyno to the axle hub.

The Skyline has always bee under rated in the HP department. I'm not saying the numbers are true. But I think everyone here knows the possibilities of a 6 turboed car.

The Skyline has always bee under rated in the HP department. I'm not saying the numbers are true. But I think everyone here knows the possibilities of a 6 turboed car.

And after nissans laughable Nurburgring claim I'm not holding my breath for any more numbers

and spell hugely correctly. nut hug ly :thefinger:

Start a sentence with a capital, foo! :icon_mrgreen:

Nut? you mean NOT? :lol2:

how many GTRs do we have?

If its making 475awhp, Lp640 owners need to run and hide.

absolutely.....judging from their past masters...I doubt this car will be lacking in any performance dept. It will be one seriously quick machine....but with little soul or feedback i should imagine.

that's correct the measurment is taken at the hubs or w/o the wheels. This negates power loss from the tires and rollers.

LP640 is much faster especially at triple digits speeds as long as long as the GTR encountered is relatively stock.

Should know more about "real world" performances soon as the first batch of cars are being delivered in Japan right now. I would like to know what NISMO has installed for this car. Mind you, IMO, I still like the Skyline BNR-34 GTR more.

I'm curious what Nismo has to offer. My friend has a Nismo tuned (Nismo RB26DETT) R32 GTR and its a beast. I can't wait until I get a chance to drive this car, then Ill be able to comment on it.

• 4 months later...

510+ hp with a highly conservative 15% estimated drivetrain loss. being more like 20-25%, the GTR is indeed underrated.