The Benz Driver who killed the guy in Scottsdale

Allan-Herbie

Yeah now the media says "MAY HAVE BEEN SPEEDING"

Thats them trying to ensure his attorney cant argue "Convicted by the media- My Client cant get a Fair trial."

It means somebody remembered they are supposed to say "Alleged". Which is right...

But dont get your hopes up on that...

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a list of speeding and reckless driving - many of the states listed do not consider 70 in a 45 to be reckless. Arizona does, but only barely - 65 in a 45 is the minimum for a reckless charge there.

(in green) means the law does not define a particular speed as reckless.

In other words, 70 in a 45 could be a reckless dependent on the situation. Not knocking you, and its not relevant to the situation, just pointing out that most states leave the door open

Is that all it says?

Witnesses told investigators the two cars were traveling at high speeds. Authorities estimate the cars were going up to 70 mph.

Indeed -- it leaves it vague so that a judge or jury can decide. 100mph in a 65 zone in the middle of the desert may not be considered reckless, while 100 in a 65 zone in a major metropolitan area probably would be. It's smarter the way California does it (i.e. not assigning a speed to it) because conditions are never uniform.

By the way, this is scary:

Any person who drives any vehicle in any offstreet parking facility, as defined in subdivision © of Section 12500, in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property is guilty of reckless driving.

I've been doing donuts in snow-covered parking lots for the last week -- I can't believe it's considered 'reckless driving'!

EDIT: obviously, regardless of the true legal definition, what occurred with the E63 and the Mustang was reckless driving, since they caused an accident. I'm just being technical here.

Its not... Its reckless sleding.

May have been speeding? I dunno, this is the guy who from my camera phone may also be dead.

DSC07658__Large_.JPG

Its not... Its reckless sleding.

:lol2:

Maybe I can try to convince the officer to write the points against my sledding license -- I can't afford any more points on my driver's license!

Imagine losing your driver's license for doing 15mph donuts in an empty parking lot at 2am! :rolleyes:

May have been speeding? I dunno, this is the guy who from my camera phone may also be dead.

HOW FAR WAS HE THROWN FROM THE CAR???? fcuk!

In other words, 70 in a 45 could be a reckless dependent on the situation. Not knocking you, and its not relevant to the situation, just pointing out that most states leave the door open

Is that all it says?

This is a much different story than was initially presented.

The supposed race becomes "may have been speeding"

and

estimated speeds up to 70 mph

How do the estimate speeds?

Two cars nearly side by side at 25mph over the speed limit. Racing???? Unpossible.

It's called physics, perhaps you should read up on it.

Guest miyagi

and

Juice you are full of %^&* you know full well your buddy was racing and with the Mustang driver caused the death of this old man.

Yet you come on here and persistantly try and pick technicallities which could prove your friends innocence.

You should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself, but you wont be because people like you are void of a conscience.

Disgusting!

It's called physics, perhaps you should read up on it.

Its actually trigonometry , had you done the calc like I did you would know Roberts car could not have been going 70 mph based on the speed estimate formula.

Thank Goodness for the data logger

Its actually trigonometry , had you done the calc like I did you would know Roberts car could not have been going 70 mph based on the speed estimate formula.

Good god you are brain dead.

and

Did you read the original story?

Police said witnesses have told investigators the Mercedes and Mustang were traveling at high rates of speed.

I guess they were lying too?

He was thrown a long ways. The car pieces were nowhere near.

THATS how they estimate 70MPH....

Juice you are full of %^&* you know full well your buddy was racing and with the Mustang driver caused the death of this old man.

Yet you come on here and persistantly try and pick technicallities which could prove your friends innocence.

You should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself, but you wont be because people like you are void of a conscience.

Disgusting!

He was not racing I bet my life and my mothers life on it...He deserves a fair trial and you are the disgusting one, presuming him guilty , he is guilty but not of street racing

My conscience places me here, if you knew anything at all you would understand, you are void of compassion and forgiveness and many qualities one needs to be a resident of this planet. He was not RACING and the data will prove it

Did you read the original story?

I guess they were lying too?

Dude he is doing his speed formula. The guys on the benz forum even map quested a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT location.

He was not racing I bet my life and my mothers life on it...He deserves a fair trial and you are the disgusting one, presuming him guilty , he is guilty but not of street racing

My conscience places me here, if you knew anything at all you would understand, you are void of compassion and forgiveness and many qualities one needs to be a resident of this planet. He was not RACING and the data will prove it

No he wasnt racing. just both him and another car accidently hit the same car, both being unable to avoid the same car, and both killing the same person. Fact thatyou would bet your mother on something you were not around to see, shows that you are the biggest idiot ever to walk the earth.

I wouldnt hitch my wagon to that meteor.

had you done the calc like I did you would know Roberts car could not have been going 70 mph based on the speed estimate formula.

I hope your calculations are better than your posts.

So you're telling me in the over 1,200 ft from the stoplight at East Royal Palm to the intersection of Eastwood, an E63 can't get to 70mph? Man, it really is as slow as you say Allan!

Really? Now you've seen the data?

He was not racing I bet my life and my mothers life on it. He was not RACING and the data will prove it

Now you were there??

He was thrown a long ways. The car pieces were nowhere near.

Since they werent racing, he must have been in James Bond's "Ejector seat" camaro. :eusa_wall:

Guest miyagi

This is the kind of BS I take offence to.

Go on then douche bag tell us how you matematically worked out your buddy could NOT have been doing 70Mph

*waits patiently*

Guest miyagi

Then you are far more stupid than your posts suggest....which is astounding btw!

How on earth can you KNOW for sure he wasnt racing? Then have the audacity to bet your mothers life on it? Are you still in High School??

You my friend are a joke may our paths never cross.

I think in any accident they will look at a variety of factors...the total damage to the cars involved...the fact that the camaro was demolished and that a 2 ton sedan traveled some 75 feet beyond a broadside impact zone, speed as indicated by the data recorder, plus maybe more important, RPM, acceleration/deceleration data, etc. I have a feeling that the data recorder is going to make one hell of a difference with this case.

Anyone know if Scottsdale uses a grand jury or a preliminary exam prior for binding over in district court?

One last editorial note...Even if we find out that this guy wasn't racing, and the accident was nothing more than a tragic accident, the fact that people jumped to conclusions that he was racing speaks volumes about his prior attitude and actions...i.e. acting like a tard and goading people into racing on the street, participating in so called "kill stories" and generally acting like a little kid who has no respect for the power that their car has. That seems to be a similar attitude followed and even endorsed by many of the posters over at MBworld. To wonder why people don't believe he wasn't racing when your board is full of stories like, "this punk in a mustang pulled up next to me at a stop light, and so I had to wipe out my AMG schlong and show him whose boss", seems extremely short sighted. If he wasn't racing, then the question that comes to mind, given his online persona, is why? Why wouldn't he have taken that opportunity to show up a young guy with his girlfriend in the car, when he clearly went out of his way to instigate/participate in that same sort of behavior many times in the past just to show the pitiful mustang owner that he should not be on the same street as the mighty AMG? Thats the attitude he displayed in the past and now you wonder why people are supposedly jumping to conclusions that it was a street race? Come on!

In any event, I'm sure many of the facts will eventually pan out and it may come to pass that he wasn't racing and thus isn't guilty of second degree murder. Hell it could come out that he is completely blameless and never sees another day in jail. But why did someone have to DIE in order to get the attention of the juveniles on your boards who go out and endanger the lives of everyone when they seek out and brag on "kills" just to gain some "atta-boy" back slaps on an internet forum? And why can you not see that much of this vitriol posted about your friend is a direct result of his "racer-boy" image he projected on the internet?

My best friend was in an accident 6 years ago, where her car were t-boned by another car. She was in the passenger seat, and the car hit her dead on doing 45 mph, they where doing about 30 mph the other way (it was snow, her mother lost control, and the slided over in the other lane). She broke her hip severly, and suffered several other injuries to her head and legs. Her mother in the driverseat broke her arm, and her brother in the back just got some bruises and cuts. And they drove a POS Huyndai Accent which crumbles like a piece of paper, yet the car was "only" smashed in on the side.

The camaro here was shattered in to pieces, spread all over the road, and the driver was thrown what, 100's of feet from the wreck? I know weird things happen when accidents like this occur, and that two cars hit the camaro, not one. But don't tell me the Benz and Mustang were going under 70mph.

Then you are far more stupid than your posts suggest....which is astounding btw!

How on earth can you KNOW for sure he wasnt racing? Then have the audacity to bet your mothers life on it? Are you still in High School??

You my friend are a joke may our paths never cross.

Our paths already crossed,

you dont know me, but you lash out with hate, why? I trust my friends, and stand behind them in times of trouble. A person that defends my Country is certainly worthy of due process.