AZ Mercedes Accident scene pics and Info.

Allan-Herbie

Reading that this took place in Maricopa county reminded me of THIS story. I remember hearing about this years ago, is this prison still around? That is how all prisons should be. At least if the two racers don't get long sentences, if they end up there, it won't be easy time.

Joe Arpaio is still the Sheriff of Maricopa County, and although SOME of his techniques have been challenged and reined in, He still does many of them.

However, if these two end up in the county Jail system, it wont be for very long.... The JAIL (as opposed to the prison) is where people go who are: Arrested- right after their arrest and until they make bail; convicted of misdemeanors (less than one year incarceration); or convicted of felonies and awaiting transport to State Prison.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe Arpaio is still the Sheriff of Maricopa County, and although SOME of his techniques have been challenged and reined in, He still does many of them.

However, if these two end up in the county Jail system, it wont be for very long.... The JAIL (as opposed to the prison) is where people go who are: Arrested- right after their arrest and until they make bail; convicted of misdemeanors (less than one year incarceration); or convicted of felonies and awaiting transport to State Prison.

wonder what Vacate means in legalise

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/dock...es/caseInfo.asp

wonder what Vacate means in legalise

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/dock...es/caseInfo.asp

This all I get when I click the link:Docket >Criminal Court Cases

Criminal Court Case Information - Archive Case History

Your search did not yield any results! Try again.

Allan do you have a better link?

This all I get when I click the link:Docket >Criminal Court Cases

Criminal Court Case Information - Archive Case History

Your search did not yield any results! Try again.

Allan do you have a better link?

No I get the same.

No I get the same.

Hmm... :eusa_think:

So what is Juicee63 trying to say? What have you guys in AZ heard?

All charges were dropped. It was all a big misunderstanding. Even the dead guys wife came and asked for them to be released and not file charges.

wtf? :shock:

were you able to go to the hearing?

nope , just looked up the case looking for the results and noticed the word "Vacate" prolly nothing just thought I should post it and maybe RomanDad could see if he thought it was meaningful .

figured the press would report something?

All charges were dropped. It was all a big misunderstanding. Even the dead guys wife came and asked for them to be released and not file charges.

wtf???

I don't know local practice there, but the words 'vacate' seem to relate to the appearance of attorneys for the state and one of the Defendants, not Juice's friend. If you look further down, it appears that a preliminary hearing is now scheduled for January 8, 2008. Today's court event was apparently some sort of status conference. That's my take from reading the docket sheet that was attached to the above links.

I'll send Allan my bill. :)

I don't know local practice there, but the words 'vacate' seem to relate to the appearance of attorneys for the state and one of the Defendants, not Juice's friend. If you look further down, it appears that a preliminary hearing is now scheduled for January 8, 2008. Today's court event was apparently some sort of status conference. That's my take from reading the docket sheet that was attached to the above links.

I'll send Allan my bill. :)

They VACATED the initial appearance document.

It was for both defendants

It seems like the vacated the inital appearance date, setting, or document not the charges. Today's status conference was probably just to see if the defendants had hired attorneys yet. The court notification site does not have any attorney's listed yet, although I'm sure that will be updated if they have attorneys. Prelim date is still set of 1/8/08, although that may change if they don't have lawyers yet, or if the state isn't quite ready for the prelim yet. I would imagine there was some talk durin today's status conference to see if all parties were ready for the prelim next week. Unless someone was there, we won't know.

As for the az court website...just go to the search page and use one of the defendant's last names. That will bring up a link to the case, which when you click on it, the info will appear.

I'm confused....so were they let off, or are they still going to jail?

It doesnt mean either.

Most likely that they did not have attorneys present at the initial appearance, they were advised to get them/get the Public Defender if they cant afford them and the hearing was continued for today when the attorneys should have appeared with them. Pretty pro forma stuff in criminal cases.

Next week we have a preliminary hearing when the court decides if there is enough evidence to hold them over for trial (Not to spoil the outcome for you mystery lovers, but the answer is going to be a resounding "YES!" although the judge can decide WHAT they can be charged with- Murder or Manslaughter... Id put odds at 90% that he goes with BOTH.)

It doesnt mean either.

Most likely that they did not have attorneys present at the initial appearance, they were advised to get them/get the Public Defender if they cant afford them and the hearing was continued for today when the attorneys should have appeared with them. Pretty pro forma stuff in criminal cases.

Next week we have a preliminary hearing when the court decides if there is enough evidence to hold them over for trial (Not to spoil the outcome for you mystery lovers, but the answer is going to be a resounding "YES!" although the judge can decide WHAT they can be charged with- Murder or Manslaughter... Id put odds at 90% that he goes with BOTH.)

We will have something to talk about for a long, long time.

What high profile lawyer is smart enough to pick up Bluetard's defense? His ass might as well go with one of the finest public defenders AZ has to offer :icon_mrgreen: .

What high profile lawyer is smart enough to pick up Bluetard's defense? His ass might as well go with one of the finest public defenders AZ has to offer :icon_mrgreen: .

Johny Cochran is no longer available.

Guaranteed that some high power defense lawyer would love this case. I would pick one of the Deguerins here in Houston. If they can get a guy out that chopped up his neighbor, they can get this guy out of manslaughter/murder.