AZ Mercedes Accident scene pics and Info.

Allan-Herbie

Since one of my favorite delis (Jasons Deli) is right around the corner from the accident scene, I decided this would be a good place for lunch. Later I went and took some pics and did some Lpower investigation for myself.

But here is some info.

#1. If they were racing from the light BEFORE the crash, meaning the prior street light to the accident scene, on my mile counter, it is 6/10s of a mile long. Using Bluemax's 1/4 mile time, means that he could have easily been traveling over 120mph.

#2. If they raced from a roll from say 45-50mph then obviously even higher speeds could have been achieved.

In these pics you can see the direction they were coming from, and I took the picture directly from where the point of impact would have been as evidenced by the thrid picture still showing broken glass in the road, directly at the beginning of the intersection.

Watching the street, it also became pretty clear, that if you caught the far light at precisely the RIGHT time, there was no traffic on the street at all due to the far intersection being hardly traveled. If there were to have been racing, this would of lended itself well.

DSC07664__Large_.JPG

DSC07665__Large_.JPG

DSC07666__Large_.JPG

DSC07671__Large_.JPG

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now approx 40ft from the intersection, is the site of what looks to be a newly planted flower, which from my recolection is also where the deceased was lying in the road.

Take notice of the skidmarks, which by my calculations, I wear a size 12, extended over 170ft from the point of where impact would have been on the corner.

DSC07669__Large_.JPG

DSC07658__Large_.JPG

DSC07667__Large_.JPG

DSC07668__Large_.JPG

DSC07670__Large_.JPG

you took the pictures looking south and standing at Eastwood.

Is this right?

The ones above your post...yes.

Allan, are the skid marks after the Eastwood intersection?

If thats the case, either the ABS prevented the skids, or they didnt hard brake until after the collision.

Allan, are the skid marks after the Eastwood intersection?

If thats the case, either the ABS prevented the skids, or they didnt hard brake until after the collision.

Yes, this was another point I was going to make, there are no skidmarks prior to the impact.

Also, I do not know if those marks are from the Benz or the Mustang, I tend to think the they are from the Benz because from what I remember the Benz was stopped in the middle lane BUT this would contradict the medias assessment of the Benz coming to a rest 75 ft from point of impact.

Here is the view from the Mini Cooper as if we were heading in the direction Bluemax would have been heading. We were going 60mph, and my Moms immidiete comment was that no way were they going only 70mph. Even if the guy turned directly, i mean directly in front of them, they would of had a hard time causing this.

In this pic you can see what the view of the road would have been to them, had they started racing at the previous light to impact.

DSC07683__Large_.JPG

Look at how empty the road is when the lights change at the point they could have raced from.This first picture illustrates me, standing at point of impact. Now imagin how much speed could be gathered from the farthest point back. This same scene is available at every light change.

DSC07671__Large_.JPG

DSC07683__Large_.JPG

Nice work Allan ... looks like they were hauling ass and the old guy misjudged the cars approaching ... I'm sure the old guy pulled out of that side-street dozens of times and had a normalized perception of approaching cars (normally going 45-55mph) ... these guys were probably around 100 if not more which is why there is no reaction time prior to impact.

Looking at this pic, the Benz came to rest Approx 175ft from point of where impact would have been. Nowhere near the 75ft the media claimed.

DSC07681__Large_1.JPG

Untitled_2.jpg

The over/under just went to 15.

1 hour ago-

http://www.azcentral.com/community/scottsd...cing0102ON.html

Two drivers suspected of killing a former state legislator in a three-car crash were racing at speeds of more than 100 mph in a 45 mph zone, according to witness statements contained in a court document.

Put a fork in them.... Theyre done.

1229scottsdalecrash_ON_autosized258_copy.jpg