Replacing door struts

De993

Does anyone have detailed info on how to replace the door struts in a 97 Diablo Roadster? Is this something that might fall under the DIY category? I tried Lamboweb. They had detailed instructions on how to remove the engine, but not door struts...go figure... Also a non-Lambo part # would be helpful too.

Thanks in advance.

Give Jeff a call. He would be most helpful......I think.

Anyone know of any aftermarket door struts that are stronger ? - Mine are awful when it's cold, but OK in the summer when it's warm.

Anyone know of any aftermarket door struts that are stronger ? - Mine are awful when it's cold, but OK in the summer when it's warm.

I spoke with Jeff at Lambo OC about this in the past. He says the Murci struts fit and are much stronger. Didn't know there was a difference but I just drive the damn thing.

I spoke with Jeff at Lambo OC about this in the past. He says the Murci struts fit and are much stronger. Didn't know there was a difference but I just drive the damn thing.

Ive heard to on another board or whatever a while back

the Murcis are better suposivly because the door are heavier, thus lifting the Diablo doors should be no prob

good to have it confermed that they work :)

Are you sure about that? If that is the case, GREAT! I'm looking to replace mine as well :eusa_dance:

Are you sure about that? If that is the case, GREAT! I'm looking to replace mine as well :eusa_dance:

I am not sure about anything, let alone something with my Diablo. However, he did say they work great and he had done them on a 6.0. However, when it comes to whatever LOC says I usually drink the koolaid and believe whatever.

• 1 month later...

Ok, finally got them replaced. Once we got the door completely apart (pain in the ass) we realized that there was nothing wrong with the shocks. The problem was the hinges that the doors swing up on. Called the dealer--they wanted over $1000.00 ea for new hinges!! :shock: Needless to say we fixed the old ones! Unfortunatly, that requires removing the doors (extreme pain in the ass) !! I figured since we had everything apart, we might as well replace the shocks with Murci shocks. SO COOL!!! The doors raise by themselves!! :eusa_dance:

Ive also used a guy in BC to rebuild the struts of older cars that the dealer wants an arm and leg for, if the end sockets are still in good shape and no has used a vice grip on them! He is good and stands behind his work, and he can also re charge them to be stronger than stock if needed. The company is called Strutwise....

http://www.strutwise.com/index.php

Ok, finally got them replaced. Once we got the door completely apart (pain in the ass) we realized that there was nothing wrong with the shocks. The problem was the hinges that the doors swing up on. Called the dealer--they wanted over $1000.00 ea for new hinges!! :shock: Needless to say we fixed the old ones! Unfortunatly, that requires removing the doors (extreme pain in the ass) !! I figured since we had everything apart, we might as well replace the shocks with Murci shocks. SO COOL!!! The doors raise by themselves!! :eusa_dance:

what was wrong with the hinges?? and how did you fix them?

I imagine any shop could fabricate the same thing for faaaaaaar less than 1k each!

Dear Lamborghinisti,

Wow...a chick with her own Lamborghini, how cool is that !

You were asking how to replace the door shocks and managed to get them done. Why not share your experience with us?

Don't keep it a secret !

Shamile

As an alternate you can also try Lift Support Technologies out of Sakatoon Saskatchewan, Canada.

I have had them do some struts for me. The prices are reasonable and the service was great. (18 hour turnaround).

www.lstechnologies.ca or (306)683-5000. Stephan Fenner.

Romandad has also used them and was pleased with their workmanship.

Dear Lamborghinisti,

Wow...a chick with her own Lamborghini, how cool is that !

You were asking how to replace the door shocks and managed to get them done. Why not share your experience with us?

Don't keep it a secret !

Shamile

Thanks, alot of people have a hard time believing it is mine, hence the license plate. :icon_thumleft:

I managed to get them done because I finally decided I needed professional help, so I took it into the shop :icon_mrgreen: I attempted to do them myself and after several hours and many upcoming chiropractor bills found that this is:

1) not a 1 person job and

2) a serious pain in the ass.

Basically what needs to be done is to remove the door panels, remove the shock (you need someone else to hold the door up while you do this) re-use the end of the old shock (the new one dosen't come with the ball on one end) reinstall.

As far as the frozen hinges, I'm not sure what they did to make those work again. I will ask on Monday.

I figured since we had everything apart, we might as well replace the shocks with Murci shocks. SO COOL!!! The doors raise by themselves!! :eusa_dance:

So the Murcie shocks are "bolt on" for sure then?

And it doesn't make it too hard to close the doors?

Hey y'all,

Talk to Steve Gleaner at Driven Exotics. He has shocks specifically for the Diablo that will lift the door. This is without putting too much pressure on the hinges etc etc. I bought them for my roadster....haven't had time to put them in.

BTW, they come with the shock ball, nut and heat shrink to do the job completely.

Shamile

Hey y'all,

Talk to Steve Gleaner at Driven Exotics. He has shocks specifically for the Diablo that will lift the door. This is without putting too much pressure on the hinges etc etc. I bought them for my roadster....haven't had time to put them in.

BTW, they come with the shock ball, nut and heat shrink to do the job completely.

Shamile

What kind of price did you pay for the shocks?

Thanks

Phil

What kind of price did you pay for the shocks?

Thanks

Phil

I think it was 185.00 pr

Shamile

They do fit fine, but the doors are fairly hard to close. I went on a run yesterday and after a few times closing them, you do feel it. I am a little concerned when it starts to get hot out that it will be really difficult. You may want to go with Shamile's suggestion. I may change out mine.

They do fit fine, but the doors are fairly hard to close. I went on a run yesterday and after a few times closing them, you do feel it. I am a little concerned when it starts to get hot out that it will be really difficult. You may want to go with Shamile's suggestion. I may change out mine.

Yeah, that was what I was afraid of. And the SE30 doors are a lot lighter than other Diablo doors too, would make it too hard to close I think.