Pics of my 92 Diablo

215mph

Very nice early diablo with tasteful upgrades. Please reconsider the emblems on the fenders!

agree

it would look even nicer without SV wing IMO

i like the car very much

Thank you for the compliments,

One of the main reasons among the well documented work done was because it had the SV wing. As for the Shields I put those on I think it compliments the yellow calipers and where they are was the perfect place (On the Fenders). In fact this is the first time in 4 years that I have heard to remove them.

May I ask why you guys don't like the sheilds. They are a genuine part from Lamborghini, not fakes.

Hovik - Hope all is well, looking forward to hanging.

Thanks

Ive met Ben and seen this car in person, it is just as nice up close!!!! :icon_super: :icon_super: :icon_super:

I was at a HUGE classic car show last year when he pulled in to hang for a while, and it was literally pandomonium from the second his car arrived. People went running to that side of the field while yelling "A Lamborghini just pulled in!!!", it was pretty cool to see the effect these cars have on people who dont see them very often (such as myself!).

I hope life is treating you well Ben! :)

Thank you for the compliments,

One of the main reasons among the well documented work done was because it had the SV wing. As for the Shields I put those on I think it compliments the yellow calipers and where they are was the perfect place (On the Fenders). In fact this is the first time in 4 years that I have heard to remove them.

May I ask why you guys don't like the sheilds. They are a genuine part from Lamborghini, not fakes.

Hovik - Hope all is well, looking forward to hanging.

Thanks

Very nice car! I think the reason most don't like the shields is they are historically a Ferrari thing, and until recently reserved for actual Scuderia Ferrari cars, i.e. factory race cars. Now every dink with a 308GTB4 or 400i is puting them on their cars. By puting similar shields on a Lambo, it looks like we are just copying a bad trend among our Ferrari brethren. To each their own. The important thing is it's your car, so do what you like.

Very nice car! I think the reason most don't like the shields is they are historically a Ferrari thing, and until recently reserved for actual Scuderia Ferrari cars, i.e. factory race cars. Now every dink with a 308GTB4 or 400i is puting them on their cars. By puting similar shields on a Lambo, it looks like we are just copying a bad trend among our Ferrari brethren. To each their own. The important thing is it's your car, so do what you like.

Hey, that's what I wanted to say... :D

Isleroman is right that this is a F-thing. On some F-cars the shield looks kind of "in place", if original, that is...some of these F's with aftermarket decals look like Britney after a bad haircut and a new wig....

For me the shields are a definite NO on a Lambo, but than again it's your car... and a nice car it is !!!!

Love the wheels on the black Diablo, I will have to go with what everyone else said too, loose the shields! The Callaway is awesome, thanks for sharing those pics, not too often that you see one of those!

WOW, I did not know there was such a strong feeling regarding the shield on the fenders. But I now know the history behind it. We all learn something new everyday. Besides that thanks for the compliments and yes, it runs as good or better than it looks. The last 4 years of ownership has been a pleasure and considering it is my first non powersteering vehicle, this is a very small issue that I have gotten use to.

For a 16 year old exotic it still blows the new rides away when I come rolling in. :eusa_dance:

WOW, I did not know there was such a strong feeling regarding the shield on the fenders. But I now know the history behind it. We all learn something new everyday. Besides that thanks for the compliments and yes, it runs as good or better than it looks. The last 4 years of ownership has been a pleasure and considering it is my first non powersteering vehicle, this is a very small issue that I have gotten use to.

For a 16 year old exotic it still blows the new rides away when I come rolling in. :eusa_dance:

so true

I can see you have good taste. Love the wheels on the diablo, and the callaway was the first car poster I ever owned as a kid :o

:iamwithstupid:

You'll hear that a lot if you don't lose them. Shields just don't look right on a Lamborghini, it looks like you're trying to copy Ferrari. :gay:

:iamwithstupid:

You'll hear that a lot if you don't lose them. Shields just don't look right on a Lamborghini, it looks like you're trying to copy Ferrari. :gay:

To be honest I never heard this untill I posted pics here. In fact I entered the vehicle in 2 concourse shows in the Hamptons LI, one sponsored by Lamborghini East and there was not one questions or issue raised about the shields. I had no intention to copy Ferrari, it just looked appealing and the color black and gold on the shield compliments my Diablo's color scheme. As mentioned before, now I have been educated with the history behind ferrari and the significance of the SF shield and I thank this forum for educating me on that fact.

Dear Lamborghinisti,

Very nice Diablo. I really like your engine bay. The little lambo shield on the fuel rail cover is a nice touch. I hate to jump on the bandwagen but....please lose the shields. They don't suit the car. ....not to be a hypocrite, but I do have them on my Ferrari....it's a just Ferrari's history thing.

BTW, what do you have modified by Koenig on you Diablo?

Shamile