1975 Countach on Ebay!!!

Ray G

Lambo400lps I haven't seen any collector cars of any brand going down in the US. In fact, look at other cars like a Ferrari Dino, Jag E types have finally gotten back to 1989 levels. No one is taking a bath on these cars -yet. Our dollar stinks though.

Sackey posted this on F-chat regarding this car... "I spoke to Dan Mershon who owns the car. He wants circa $550k, but will pay attention offers above $500k of course"

He also posted this regarding an "interesting history" whatever that means, don't know if it's good or bad???... "My notes say built 11th of April 1975 at Sant ####. Delivered 17th of April. I will have to ask the owner if am allowed to disclose its interesting history..."

I guess it depends if they are too high right now to begin with or cars that are not known.

Is that not the car with the replaced engine?

Just like you said "in private" cars change hands...

Just ask Mr. Sackey. I get offers on my S1 for $200K right now in this "bad time" and the answer is still a polite "no thank you"

That is $30K more than I paid for it last year, but I still don't see a LP400 being more than twice a perfect S1... IMHO :)

I agree on that one! There might be a bit different people searching for a 400 instead of a 400S1, but when did you last see more than one S1 at a time for sale, and then not as nice as Tony's? More than twice the price is not going to happen. Maybe a premiun of $70-100 grand, but than it should be IMMACULATE. Most collectors wants Tonys "timemachine", and as I guessed, people who really wants it goes to dealers like Sackey who knows where the RIGHT cars are..

I guess it depends if they are too high right now to begin with or cars that are not known.

Is that not the car with the replaced engine?

Just like you said "in private" cars change hands...

Just ask Mr. Sackey. I get offers on my S1 for $200K right now in this "bad time" and the answer is still a polite "no thank you"

That is $30K more than I paid for it last year, but I still don't see a LP400 being more than twice a perfect S1... IMHO :)

Tony:

you decision is a no brainer. your car for $30k more if you intend to enjoy and keep long term is not worth it. finding a similar car as you pointed out will cost you much more in time and overall research + risk of NOT getting what you think you get. I would not even want to sell my DD for $30K more that a the ongoing top asking because of that very reason even if I could use the money.

These cars will be worth much more in 5-10 years. Emerging markets are also driven by people who will start their own collection and by what seems to shape up, the biggest collectors may raise out of the entire pacific rim and India.

Tony:

you decision is a no brainer. your car for $30k more if you intend to enjoy and keep long term is not worth it. finding a similar car as you pointed out will cost you much more in time and overall research + risk of NOT getting what you think you get. I would not even want to sell my DD for $30K more that a the ongoing top asking because of that very reason even if I could use the money.

These cars will be worth much more in 5-10 years. Emerging markets are also driven by people who will start their own collection and by what seems to shape up, the biggest collectors may raise out of the entire pacific rim and India.

i agree on all

finding a good DD is difficult, finding an excelent one for sale is VERY difficult and it won't be cheap

a great lowbody car for sale? good luck!

...well i could not say you should sell it, since i was offered around 60k euro more of what i paid for mine

$440,600- Reserve still not met. 6 days left....

A significant number of cars on eBay (as you already know), are nothing but shill bidded.

A significant number of cars on eBay (as you already know), are nothing but shill bidded.

very true,

still i think there are buyers for LP willing to spend over 400k$ today ( at least for a good one)

this car looks really good, LOW miles and all but has a no matching number engine that some collectors would like to avoid

I like the dark color of this one. It appears to be sold at the high offer per the questions and answers (owners reply).

I was surprised how many people have looked at this particular auction. Then I realized the only reason is it is top of

the list if your search is "highest price first" for Lamborghini.

He appears to be allowing the post auction inspection to decide if the sale is final (from his one reply).

Perhaps "with a bit more $ thrown in" he will be able to get the Enzo he appears to want.

The last day could be entertaining or maybe it's already done, who knows.

Ralph

I like the dark color of this one. It appears to be sold at the high offer per the questions and answers (owners reply).

I was surprised how many people have looked at this particular auction. Then I realized the only reason is it is top of

He appears to be allowing the post auction inspection to decide if the sale is final (from his one reply).

Perhaps "with a bit more $ thrown in" he will be able to get the Enzo he appears to want.

Ralph

...I remember just three short years ago, you could find a LP 400 for in the 90's :icon_mrgreen:

I also heard after WW II, you could pick up a superb no-stories one-owner P-51 for less than $2,000 USD :rant: .

...I remember just three short years ago, you could find a LP 400 for in the 90's :icon_mrgreen:

I also heard after WW II, you could pick up a superb no-stories one-owner P-51 for less than $2,000 USD :rant: .

My friends dad was a fighter pilot in the Korean war. After that he was a pilot in the National Guard for a time before a long career with TWA. He had the opportunity to buy a fresh and ready P-51 for $4,000 while in the guard and could even keep at the the guard base. His wife commented, it was a rare opportunity to have an expensive toy and a lot of time alone to play with it. He decided to keep the wife and kids.

As the poster says: Decisions, Decisions

Ralph

I also saw that he asked the owner of the F40 on ebay if would be willing to trade....his Lusso, LP400 for the F40.

Brian

I also saw that he asked the owner of the F40 on ebay if would be willing to trade....his Lusso, LP400 for the F40.

Brian

take the trade....take the trade!!! I would prefer the two vintage cars to the F40!

:eusa_think:

take the trade....take the trade!!! I would prefer the two vintage cars to the F40!

:eusa_think:

I'm with you. I've spent a fair amount of time in an F40. It is my favorite of all modern Ferrari's, including the other supercars as they call them. But, I'm still a vintage car guy when it comes down to it. I would part with mine for something 50's or early 60's. I was looking at a 400 Super America the other day and just loved it. Simply a beautiful car all around and they run well also.

Since this is a Lambo thread! We'll be caned by the moderators if we deviate and use the F word too much.

Ralph

I'm with you. I've spent a fair amount of time in an F40. It is my favorite of all modern Ferrari's, including the other supercars as they call them. But, I'm still a vintage car guy when it comes down to it. I would part with mine for something 50's or early 60's. I was looking at a 400 Super America the other day and just loved it. Simply a beautiful car all around and they run well also.

Since this is a Lambo thread! We'll be caned by the moderators if we deviate and use the F word too much.

Ralph

do you have an F40, Ralf?