K&N Filters For Diablo

Shamile

Dear Lamborghinisti,

I was wondering if using K & N filters in a 97.5 Roadster was OK. As I have things apart, I'm doing the " while I'm in there...umm...because I have things apart." :)

I use them in my 91 Ferrari Testarossa with no issues. The Bosch CIS system is simple with no electronic sensors.

Does the Diablo use a " hot wire " or mass flow type sensor that can gum up with the filter oil?

I mention this because on my F 250 (Ford truck ), I had a strange shifting issue. Long story short, it was because the mass flow sensor was getting coated in the filter oil and giving strange signals to the computer.

Shamile

Dear Lamborghinisti,

I was wondering if using K & N filters in a 97.5 Roadster was OK. As I have things apart, I'm doing the " while I'm in there...umm...because I have things apart." :)

I use them in my 91 Ferrari Testarossa with no issues. The Bosch CIS system is simple with no electronic sensors.

Does the Diablo use a " hot wire " or mass flow type sensor that can gum up with the filter oil?

I mention this because on my F 250 (Ford truck ), I had a strange shifting issue. Long story short, it was because the mass flow sensor was getting coated in the filter oil and giving strange signals to the computer.

Shamile

No, it does not use mass air flow sensors, so K+N filters are perfectly fine.

dave

Thanks guys !

Wow, all those stupid sensors, CEL codes galore and no hot wire / mass flow sensor....hmm, I guess that's a good thing !

Alright K& N it is ! :eusa_dance:

Shamile

• 2 weeks later...

K & N delivered.

# 33-2574......perfect fit.

$53.99 ea. ordered from Discount Auto ( free shipping )

Shamile

K & N delivered.

Shamile

thats what I paid. Good deal.

K & N delivered.

Shamile

Did it just drop in nice or did you have to nudge it in to place?

When a search is done on the K&N site it say no filter is made or a Diablo.

Cheers

Phil

I had to get longer bolts for my air filter covers, now with the K&N's I can actually hear the engine air intake when I'm driving with the windows down.

Did it just drop in nice or did you have to nudge it in to place?

When a search is done on the K&N site it say no filter is made or a Diablo.

Cheers

Phil

I had to wedge them in. They are a nice tight fit, and air tight around the edges.

Hey y'all,

The filters are a perfect fit. The airbox has a lip that seats the filter edge. I noticed that one fit better than the other. This was due to the fact the airboxes are handmade fiberglass and had a little unevenness in the lip area. A little filing and "voila" ...fit like a glove.

The edge of the filter fits flush with the edge of the filter box. Abolfaz, I don't know why you needed longer bolts.

It is true that there in no specific K & N filter for the Diablo. I'm sure someone just stumbled on to the type by luck or trial & error. I bet the model # filter is for some big diesel truck or something like that. :D

Shamile

• 2 weeks later...