Bentley GTC rocks!

Allan-Herbie

Been in South Florida since Tues and thanks to Rob Ferretti and Gotham Dream Cars I've been driving the GTC . What a fantastic car! Its smooth, its fast comfortable and rock solid. I've got a F430 spider here I can drive whenever and I haven't even touched it. Also, woman love the GTC. Even with my wife in the car they pull up to compliment it.

I totally agree Allan

I drive an 07 GTC as my daily driver. Awesome smooth power, awesome quietness from the double thickness windows, awesome fit n finish and the sound system is great. You escape from the world in it and can welcome the world at the push of a button.

Massage while you sit idle in traffic- oh yah!

Total class. It sets the bar.

The only place to go from here imho is a drophead coupe- but its way too ostentatious compared to the GTC for me to be seen in... Not to be a hypocrit driving a Lambo, but I guess when its an exotic sports car the " wow-thats-cool-factor" outweighs the negativity of "showyness" that I see with the massive Rolls on the road.

I put 1800 miles on one all throughout Europe (France, Germany, Switzerland) at speeds ranging from the cruise control set at 105 all through France to 5-car convoys at 175!

What a GREAT machine!!!!

For the money theres not many complaints on the GT , we have a 06 white coupe. it has a custom grille and now we are doing a 5 pc aero

kit for the spring. I however love the neptune blue GTC !!! either way , happy motoring

tzb67.jpg

I've got a F430 spider here I can drive whenever and I haven't even touched it.

LoL Allan I think if you had a Honda Accord there instead of the GTC you still wouldn't touch the Ferrari.

Allan, you are right about women liking the car. I drove one and thought mmm, maybe - then I went to Monaco last year and noticed all the GTC's I saw were being driven by women. It is a rich girl's car. Hell, even Paris bought one! ;)

But it is a seriously good car IMO - the best luxury convertible you can buy.

Woman love the GT, everywhere you go, woman compliment the car. Inmo, even moreso than a Lambo, or my SLR.

As for the GT in that video, I like it, but id do the wheels black.

I got to drive the the GDC titanium GT two years ago and it was the most baller car I've ever been in.

I normally don't care for all those switches and fancy features but for some reason I enjoyed it with this car.

It lives up to the Bentley cachet with the sweet interior, plush ride and elegance. I initially dismissed the GT a few years ago as a poor follow up to the Continental T for breaking that traditional man's man Bentley look....but no longer feel that way after driving this car.

As for the ride, very smooth power delivery. It is one of the flattest power deliveries of any high power car I've driven...it doesn't throw you back in the seat much but will probably outrun many cars to 150 mph that do.

I also played with the paddles.....I never thought in my life I'd actually care to manual shift a torque converter, but I enjoyed doing so.

I just hope the car stays around for awhile and/or they don't mess up the styling.

Question is, is that GT speed version worth getting?

I got to drive the the GDC titanium GT two years ago and it was the most baller car I've ever been in.

I normally don't care for all those switches and fancy features but for some reason I enjoyed it with this car.

It lives up to the Bentley cachet with the sweet interior, plush ride and elegance. I initially dismissed the GT a few years ago as a poor follow up to the Continental T for breaking that traditional man's man Bentley look....but no longer feel that way after driving this car.

As for the ride, very smooth power delivery. It is one of the flattest power deliveries of any high power car I've driven...it doesn't throw you back in the seat much but will probably outrun many cars to 150 mph that do.

I also played with the paddles.....I never thought in my life I'd actually care to manual shift a torque converter, but I enjoyed doing so.

I just hope the car stays around for awhile and/or they don't mess up the styling.

Question is, is that GT speed version worth getting?

I looked at a test of the peed and they said it did 0-60 in 4 sec flat and 12.4@114 in the 1/4. Thats pretty quick. Inmo its more than enough, no one is buying this car to go drag racing in like JUicee63 does.

I have driven the GT speed and definately noticed the difference compared to my GTC. Its got a sportier tuned suspension,and you can feel it is faster . The tiny spoiler that lifts below the rear window is open to debate if its amicable or not.

There is enough to warrant a switch if you value that extra performance in the daily driver. To me, the GTC is fantastic the way it is. The GT speed is that much more. It goes!

I have driven the GT speed and definately noticed the difference compared to my GTC. Its got a sportier tuned suspension,and you can feel it is faster . The tiny spoiler that lifts below the rear window is open to debate if its amicable or not.

There is enough to warrant a switch if you value that extra performance in the daily driver. To me, the GTC is fantastic the way it is. The GT speed is that much more. It goes!

You can always also just upgrade the ECU. It gives you something like 100more hp.

My GTC was a good car but sadly goes bye bye this week. It does everything so well that it seems a little sterile compared to driving the Arnage. They are also starting to take the plunge so great bargains will be around. Other thing that pissed me off was that in 07 it didn't come with Sat radio, couldn't get the diamond quilted seats or the back up camera and 08 you can get all of that. The Drophead is the car to have now!

My GTC was a good car but sadly goes bye bye this week. It does everything so well that it seems a little sterile compared to driving the Arnage. They are also starting to take the plunge so great bargains will be around. Other thing that pissed me off was that in 07 it didn't come with Sat radio, couldn't get the diamond quilted seats or the back up camera and 08 you can get all of that. The Drophead is the car to have now!
Wow, we can actually agree on something. I think if i were getting the Bentley solely for myself, Id go Arnage T. I love the old world elegance of the car.

Wow, we can actually agree on something. I think if i were getting the Bentley solely for myself, Id go Arnage T. I love the old world elegance of the car.

If anyone would ever buy my Arnage I will replace it with a T. Much rather have the T than the spur for the same money even though the spur is light years ahead tech. wise it can't compare to the feeling you get driving the Arnage. There are good deals to be had on Phantoms as well but for me I need to be at a certain level in life to drive a Phantom. The cost of the car isn't an issue but to not look like a tool driving one there is something I can't put my finger on but feel you know when your ready to own one. Maybe it is because it is so ostentatious I feel like you should be older but for some reason I don't feel that way with the bentley's. Funny, I almost bought a white 88 Corniche convert last summer and even though the car was only 65k I had that same feeling that if you weren't an old money older guy you would look like a tool driving it so I passed. Was a cool car though.

If anyone would ever buy my Arnage I will replace it with a T. Much rather have the T than the spur for the same money even though the spur is light years ahead tech. wise it can't compare to the feeling you get driving the Arnage. There are good deals to be had on Phantoms as well but for me I need to be at a certain level in life to drive a Phantom. The cost of the car isn't an issue but to not look like a tool driving one there is something I can't put my finger on but feel you know when your ready to own one. Maybe it is because it is so ostentatious I feel like you should be older but for some reason I don't feel that way with the bentley's. Funny, I almost bought a white 88 Corniche convert last summer and even though the car was only 65k I had that same feeling that if you weren't an old money older guy you would look like a tool driving it so I passed. Was a cool car though.

I think the best Arnage's to get are the 03-05's. 90-140K. I dont even know if the 05 is worth the 50k premium.

I think the best Arnage's to get are the 03-05's. 90-140K. I dont even know if the 05 is worth the 50k premium.

What do you think the headlight and center console update is worth on the 05? You can get a perfect 03 T less than 20k miles in the right color for low 90's. The cheapest good color combo 05 T 10k or less miles is closer to 145. I like the updates but its hard to justify the difference especially when they are still on the way down. Its a tough call. I am sure when its time to sell you will still have a premium on the 05 but in 2 years it will probably be closer to a 15k spread between an 04 and an 05 instead of 40+.