To: ALL Countach owners...

MANG

I don't take very good pictures but here is a few of my 88. It has about 11,800kil. on it.

Did you purchase your car from Motorcars International? I remember seeing it there.....if so, I think you got a great deal.

Brian

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did you purchase your car from Motorcars International? I remember seeing it there.....if so, I think you got a great deal.

Brian

I was looking at the black 88 that Motorcars had but they sold it before I made it their to look at it. I got a phone call from Motorcars about the red 88 and sent them a down payment to hold it till I was able to look at it.I did get a good deal on it and it has been a great car.The joke of it is I had looked at this car about 2 years before. A guy passed away and the estate was selling it. I did not buy it from them instead I got a 32 Ford from the estate and passed on the red 88. I then got back with the estate 2 years or so latter to ask about the car again. They still had it for sale but they had a down payment on it for 3 months and the person was not coming up with the rest of the money. I made a offer that was a little to low LOL and they gave the person 24 hours to come up with the rest of the money. The person did end up paying for it. When Motorcars sent me a Carfax on the red 88 I was lookng at it and it was the same car. I did not go look at it at Motorcars I just had them ship it. By me trying to low ball the estate it ended up costing about 10k more.

• 2 months later...

A few more resto pics. A door is back on the car. Check out the beginning of the restoration, on the Facel Vega HK 500 :icon_mrgreen: .

ct_1.jpg

ct_2.jpg

door_is_back_on_car.jpg

facel_two.JPG

just freakin' sick ralph. U r living my ultimate fantasy. Restoration of a countach is pretty f-ing cool! Okay, it's my second favorite fantasy....first involves females not cars :D

Ralph I did not think your car was supposed to have the rear side marker lights from the factory, but from the looks of things I guess you are planning on putting them back on?

Also curious about the aftermarket wix spin on filters? Are you planning on keeping these for extra precaution? I guess it's not a bad idea, they will be pretty much hidden from sight. You will have the proper horizontally mounted filter housing for the Baldwin filter though correct?

Don't get me wrong I am not criticizing your restoration just pointing items if you are not aware of them out before you go too far. Sincerely Vic

Mike, Thanks. - yes, it is fun to see the progress. It would also have been nice, to have a superb original car. At the time, no LP 400 or S1 cars were for sale in the U.S. - aside from the yellow LP 400 e-Bay car (I heard the owner did not return e-mail questions) and the red/tan S1 in LA, that I could never obtain a price from the owner. David (Colorado) and Peter, had no interest in moving their S1 :shock: This car deserved to be restored.

Emilio. Si

Vic - you are correct.

I do need to take care, of the aftermarket non-spec parts. I believe the alternator and a.c. compressor, are also incorrect ? I may simply source the parts, and leave those aftermarket items on the car, for the sake of reliability. I had a bad experience, with a factory alternator on my X - 1988. With the car being modified (most likely at the factory) and updated, I am lost on what approach to take with the car.

I posted before, that I have a choice of changing out the factory modified interior and colors (with factory hides), for the correct color with aftermarket hides and changing some of the 5000 updates, in the interior. Example: I have 5000 serie door panels. At the moment, I believe it is better to keep the factory hides, in lieu of the correct color with aftermarket hides. I am up in the air, about the factory leather covered updated 5000 serie dash.

If I reupholster the dash with aftermarket mousehair, it kind of defeats the entire purpose, of keeping the interior as-is, with the factory updates. In the end, I hope it will be nice. I am going to ask, if the holes for the rear side marker lights, can be welded out. The exterior color, should be wild, repainted in the original color :icon_mrgreen: . A midnight blue metallic Countach :icon_super:

Ralph:

at this stage you could put it to LP400 replica specs :eusa_think:

i have almost all you need from most of the SW gauges to LP400 repro wheels!!! :icon_mrgreen: :shock:

post-4328-1232041598_thumb.jpg

post-4328-1232041680_thumb.jpg

Ralph:

at this stage you could put it to LP400 replica specs :eusa_think:

i have almost all you need from most of the SW gauges to LP400 repro wheels!!! :icon_mrgreen: :shock:

:eusa_naughty: :eusa_naughty: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Emilio,

I was thinking about that.

Yes, better aerodynamics, to push the car past 200mph - remember my thread about a 200mph Countach freeway gear ? :shock:

Here is why I won't do it.

1. My wife does not want me to put a twin-turbo - Nitrous Oxide Chevy 454 in the car - 1006 rwhp to beat Allan in a drag race :eusa_think: .

2. Ralph will be upset, because it will flood the LP 400 market.

3. Joe Sackey will claim it was not built that way.

4. The 1979 car, will be slower with the gauges from the 1978 :icon_pidu:

5. Maybe I should put up a poll ? :tyson:

Emilio,

Yes, better aerodynamics, to push the car past 200mph - remember my thread about a 200mph Countach freeway gear ? :shock:

Ralph

1. My wife does not want me to put a twin-turbo - Nitrous Oxide Chevy 454 in the car - 1006 rwhp to beat Allan in a drag race :eusa_think: . you don't need it, call Claudio Zampolli and have your V12 tuned to 400 hp

2. Ralph will be upset, because it will flood the LP 400 market. correct

3. Joe Sackey will claim it was not built that way. we will call Shazam and find a wrecked LP VIN

4. The 1979 car, will be slower with the gauges from the 1978 :icon_pidu: . not really, the SW are smaller and lighter, they could only help in your 200 mph adventure :rolleyes:

5. Maybe I should put up a poll ? :tyson: sure you should :)

Emilio,

Here is why I won't do it.

1. My wife does not want me to put a twin-turbo - Nitrous Oxide Chevy 454 in the car - 1006 rwhp to beat Allan in a drag race :eusa_think: .

2. Ralph will be upset, because it will flood the LP 400 market.

3. Joe Sackey will claim it was not built that way.

4. The 1979 car, will be slower with the gauges from the 1978 :icon_pidu:

5. Maybe I should put up a poll ? :tyson:

Then i will turn up the boost to 1007rwhp :icon_mrgreen:

A few more resto pics. A door is back on the car. Check out the beginning of the restoration, on the Facel Vega HK 500 :icon_mrgreen: .

Dude, your killing me with the Facel. Love those cars.

Dude, your killing me with the Facel. Love those cars.

It is my dad's car :crybaby2:, he took it from me (true story). Enclosed is a pic of the interior. It is in good shape. Car has the to-die-for, big Jaeger gauges, in French. Original factory colors white / tan.

Then I will turn up the boost to 1007rwhp :icon_mrgreen:

I guess I will have to avoid IN N OUT Burger :lol2:

facel_interior.jpg