VBOX TIMES

An lp560 will get ruined by an SLR. Watch my videos where from a slow roll I give the SUper G a Huge start, and the SLR can real in and pass the G Sl like a freighttrain. Honestly after driving the SLR for so long, one thing it does is hide the speed from you, and it doesnt feel as fast as it is. The G Sl felt soooo slowwww driving it, but I loved the car anyways.

Freudian slip, meant the LP640 lol. :shock:

By "nonsense" acicchelli, I mean the talk talk talk. Usually I love it, but on this particular topic it's nearly going on a year now (SLR v LP640). The time for talk is over and the time for results as Allan has correctly said (same day, same DA, same drivers) will be here soon. :icon_thumleft:

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The time for talk is over and the time for results as Allan has correctly said (same day, same DA, same drivers) will be here soon.

How?

Allans SLR is not a fair comparison as it ist modded to death.

I don´t see an end to all of this to be honest, but who cares, like already said, there´s more to a car than just speed, get´s kinda childish, doesn´t it?

How?

Allans SLR is not a fair comparison as it ist modded to death.

I don´t see an end to all of this to be honest, but who cares, like already said, there´s more to a car than just speed, get´s kinda childish, doesn´t it?

Plenty of stock SLRs in Orange County.

And Plenty of 640, but still no races, so why should it change now, or am I missing something?

Freudian slip, meant the LP640 lol. :shock:

By "nonsense" acicchelli, I mean the talk talk talk. Usually I love it, but on this particular topic it's nearly going on a year now (SLR v LP640). The time for talk is over and the time for results as Allan has correctly said (same day, same DA, same drivers) will be here soon. :icon_thumleft:

You obviously havent been paying attention too well to the talk. I just ran my LP640 the other day, when no one else will. So the talk has just begun. Until you take out your SLR or LP640 and run it and have something useful to add to the conversation, dont knock the two people on this forum (me and Allan) for discussing our real world results. I already said the SLR was faster than the LP640 from a roll, the disputes are mostly over by how much in NORMAL CONDITIONS. The rest of the debate is over personal preference and subjective matters. I am enjoying it.

Aaron

Haha we will have to disagree more... The woman definitely like the SLR more. Even at the last Cars and Coffee we watched the woman go right to the SLR. Woman love the SLR.

As for Basketball players not buying SLR's, I almost bought a basketball players Black/Black 06 SLR.... :icon_mrgreen: For someone my height the SLR is more comfortable. maybe not for someone who is 6.5.

The Gallardo has a harsher ride than the LP because your G has the track package. SLR rides very well, inmo, no better or worse than then an LP. Over a long distance run it is definitely more comfortable for me.

Again in regards to power, no matter how the LP is launched it is able to put all its power to the ground, while the SLR is held back, and still manages to be right with the LP. I also ran my SLR in sport mode where it shifts, it ran 0-60 in 3.7 sec, all day long. The LP definitely shifts quicker than the SLR autobox. No matter what we say or do, we are going just as you say you are in normal conditions, and I am in extreme conditions. In extreme conditions the SLR has already beaten the LP, and pulled it pretty well. Anyone will tell you that in better conditions the Lp will certianly run better, but a turbo or supercharged car will run better even moreso. So the results will repeat themselves. Saying that your numbers cast much doubt for what im saying, then saying that cars need to be tested in normal conditions and not extreme conditions, along with saying that you dont doubt that in AZ a SLR will pull an LP by five cars is a contradiction in itself.

We discussed Egear on the phone, im just not a fan. The autobox fits the SLR's character, inmo, Egear doesnt fit a Lambos.

Am I gonna have to do a TT Gallardo so that we can have equal cars to squablle over? :icon_mrgreen:

The talk continues....

We come from 2 different worlds, so we are never going to agree on which car women like better. It will just depend on demographics.

I havent driven an SLR (couldnt fit comfortably), so I can only go by the comments from others on the ride. The LP640's ride is pretty close to my SL65, everyone I have talked to who has driven the SLR besides you says that it is a lot less comfortable than an SL/LP and that its harsh.

Naturally aspirated engines are affected by Elevation more than supercharged or turbo cars. Heat is more likely to affect the turbo/supercharged car more than the naturally aspirated. IMO they dont cancel each other out where you live. Humidity also hurts power, and you have none where you live.

Is it really unreasonable to want to have the race in average/normal conditions when we are making an overall assessment on the cars as a whole? You dont like it when the Z 0 6 guys claim that their car will pull 5 car lengths on a stock SLR because some have ran 10s @ over 130mph in extreme conditions.

If there is anyone within a couple hundred miles of me with a stock SLR that would like to do some runs, I am completely open to meeting up and getting some real world results. We could run the SL65, the TTG and the LP640 all against the SLR.

Whoa!! Lets not ruin this thread by dragging pussy into it!! Quickly, women could care less what a car looks like(or a rich guy), list price and status symbol value are what matters to them, so the SLR takes it. :icon_super:

Now can we get back on topic please!!

The talk continues....

We come from 2 different worlds, so we are never going to agree on which car women like better. It will just depend on demographics.

I havent driven an SLR (couldnt fit comfortably), so I can only go by the comments from others on the ride. The LP640's ride is pretty close to my SL65, everyone I have talked to who has driven the SLR besides you says that it is a lot less comfortable than an SL/LP and that its harsh.

Naturally aspirated engines are affected by Elevation more than supercharged or turbo cars. Heat is more likely to affect the turbo/supercharged car more than the naturally aspirated. IMO they dont cancel each other out where you live. Humidity also hurts power, and you have none where you live.

Is it really unreasonable to want to have the race in average/normal conditions when we are making an overall assessment on the cars as a whole? You dont like it when the Z 0 6 guys claim that their car will pull 5 car lengths on a stock SLR because some have ran 10s @ over 130mph in extreme conditions.

If there is anyone within a couple hundred miles of me with a stock SLR that would like to do some runs, I am completely open to meeting up and getting some real world results. We could run the SL65, the TTG and the LP640 all against the SLR.

As for the 2 different worlds, maybe country girls like Lp640's better :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: But in the areas of Bev Hills to Scottsdale I have found that woman say aged 25 to 30 prefer the SLR. In conversations with some girl friends of mine after telling them what I had planned to do, explained that they felt Lambos were of course very nice cars (several of these girls had been in all my cars including the SLR) but that the Lambos were much more a cry for attention. Maybe they just feel that my dashing god looks and a bright green Lp640 would be far too much for most woman to handle? :icon_mrgreen: :thefinger:

On a side note, I think I forgot to mention when I bought my Countach, my wife (then girlfriend) and I flew to Kansas and drove it back to South Florida. Along the way I wanted to stop in Memphis so we could go to Graceland. My wife in her infinite wisdom navigated us to Nashville which turned out to be some 4 hours passed Memphis. I have never forgiven her for not getting to take pics of my Countach at Elvis's house!

The SLR's ride again inmo, is no better or worse than a G or Murci.

and last but not least:

I completely agree with this statement, and it has been my point all along. Cars like this need to be run side by side to get the true story. Guys like you and I are few and far inbetween. Look how many years this forum has been going on, and count how many others have done ANY sort of performance tests. When I went to the Vegas 1/2 mile and Mile I begged for an LP640 to come. No one showed. A Murci Roadster with exhaust did show however and was 15mph slower than stock SLR in the mile. Look at FTVrob who will go out and run his Lp on the highway by himself, yet will not go to any performance test. When the SECC had their event at the track, he sat in the parking lot doing controlled spinouts. :lol2:

Here are the results to compare them to your Lp. I like this article, because it is VERY close to the exact results I got with my car. There was also a Lambo Murci with exhaust run.

0-60= SLR 3.7 Murci 3.8

0-100 SLR 7.5 Murci 9.3

1/4 Mile 11.6 @128.1 ( I got [email protected], Luis got 11.5) Murci [email protected]

1/2 mile SLR [email protected] ( In vegas at elevation and small headwind I got 155, dont know the time) Murci [email protected] (faster than what Ajglobal got with his G Spider, and slightly slower than his Plastic mess-06 managed)

3/4 mile SLR [email protected] Murci [email protected]

1 mile SLR 28.4 @181.2 ( almost identical to what i got in Vegas) Murci 30.3@ 171.6 ( Murci Roadster with exhaust ran 164)

SLR hit 163.8 in 3151.9 ft in the same time the Murci was at 2825ft at 148.7mph. Thsi test was based on the point at which the other cars were when the Veyron hit 200mph.

Also in this test was the Ruf RT12 which was neck and neck with the SLR till the 1 mile point.. SLR at 28.4, and RT12 at 28.1 , with the SLR leading to the 1/2 mile point.

Im normally not a fan of the magazine stuff, but this test was extremely close to my own results.

As for the 2 different worlds, maybe country girls like Lp640's better :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: But in the areas of Bev Hills to Scottsdale I have found that woman say aged 25 to 30 prefer the SLR. In conversations with some girl friends of mine after telling them what I had planned to do, explained that they felt Lambos were of course very nice cars (several of these girls had been in all my cars including the SLR) but that the Lambos were much more a cry for attention. Maybe they just feel that my dashing god looks and a bright green Lp640 would be far too much for most woman to handle? :icon_mrgreen: :thefinger:

On a side note, I think I forgot to mention when I bought my Countach, my wife (then girlfriend) and I flew to Kansas and drove it back to South Florida. Along the way I wanted to stop in Memphis so we could go to Graceland. My wife in her infinite wisdom navigated us to Nashville which turned out to be some 4 hours passed Memphis. I have never forgiven her for not getting to take pics of my Countach at Elvis's house!

The SLR's ride again inmo, is no better or worse than a G or Murci.

and last but not least:

I completely agree with this statement, and it has been my point all along. Cars like this need to be run side by side to get the true story. Guys like you and I are few and far inbetween. Look how many years this forum has been going on, and count how many others have done ANY sort of performance tests. When I went to the Vegas 1/2 mile and Mile I begged for an LP640 to come. No one showed. A Murci Roadster with exhaust did show however and was 15mph slower than stock SLR in the mile. Look at FTVrob who will go out and run his Lp on the highway by himself, yet will not go to any performance test. When the SECC had their event at the track, he sat in the parking lot doing controlled spinouts. :lol2:

LOL @ "country girls." Yeah all the women here are barefoot and pregnant. We barely have running water and electricity around these here parts :thefinger:

You and many others might find it surprising that the county I live in has the 18th highest median household income in the United States. (out of 3,142 total counties)

(from 2006 census)

Rank County Median Household Income

1 Fairfax County, Virginia $100,318

2 Loudoun County, Virginia $99,371

3 Howard County, Maryland $94,260

4 Hunterdon County, New Jersey $93,297

5 Douglas County, Colorado $92,125

6 Somerset County, New Jersey $91,688

7 Morris County, New Jersey $89,587

8 Montgomery County, Maryland $87,624

9 Arlington County, Virginia $87,350

10 Nassau County, New York $85,994

11 Marin County, California $85,892

12 Stafford County, Virginia $85,014

13 Calvert County, Maryland $84,891

14 Santa Clara County, California $84,838

15 Forsyth County, Georgia $83,682

16 San Mateo County, California $82,123

17 Putnam County, New York $81,907

18 Williamson County, Tennessee $81,449

19 Prince William County, Virginia $80,783

20 Alexandria City, Virginia $80,449

I used to live in Memphis and its a shithole of a town. You arent missing anything. Graceland is basically in the ghetto now, its a shame.

You must not be as sensitive to ride comfort as I am, because the G and Murci are worlds apart IMO. You being ok with the ride in the SLR doesnt make it even with or less harsh than a Murci.

It is a shame that more people with these fantastic vehicles are not willing to take them out and drive them like they were meant to be driven. We would have a lot more data than we do now. I guess too many people buy these cars to look cool, or to impress people, and not for their remarkable performance.

Aaron

Here are the results to compare them to your Lp. I like this article, because it is VERY close to the exact results I got with my car. There was also a Lambo Murci with exhaust run.

0-60= SLR 3.7 Murci 3.8

0-100 SLR 7.5 Murci 9.3

1/4 Mile 11.6 @128.1 ( I got [email protected], Luis got 11.5) Murci [email protected]

1/2 mile SLR [email protected] ( In vegas at elevation and small headwind I got 155, dont know the time) Murci [email protected] (faster than what Ajglobal got with his G Spider, and slightly slower than his Plastic mess-06 managed)

3/4 mile SLR [email protected] Murci [email protected]

1 mile SLR 28.4 @181.2 ( almost identical to what i got in Vegas) Murci 30.3@ 171.6 ( Murci Roadster with exhaust ran 164)

SLR hit 163.8 in 3151.9 ft in the same time the Murci was at 2825ft at 148.7mph. Thsi test was based on the point at which the other cars were when the Veyron hit 200mph.

Also in this test was the Ruf RT12 which was neck and neck with the SLR till the 1 mile point.. SLR at 28.4, and RT12 at 28.1 , with the SLR leading to the 1/2 mile point.

Im normally not a fan of the magazine stuff, but this test was extremely close to my own results.

Thanks for the refresher, I remember this article when it came out. It would be nice to see what kind of numbers the LP would put up. It would be impossible for me to run the LP all out for a mile around here. Best I can do is get some 60-130mph runs. I definitely think that the SLR is faster than the LP, it would be nice to see by how much around here though. I know there are some SLR owners around here, but unfortunately I dont know any of them, and they are likely posers anyways.

LOL @ "country girls." Yeah all the women here are barefoot and pregnant. We barely have running water and electricity around these here parts :thefinger:

You and many others might find it surprising that the county I live in has the 18th highest median household income in the United States. (out of 3,142 total counties)

(from 2006 census)

I used to live in Memphis and its a shithole of a town. You arent missing anything. Graceland is basically in the ghetto now, its a shame.

You must not be as sensitive to ride comfort as I am, because the G and Murci are worlds apart IMO. You being ok with the ride in the SLR doesnt make it even with or less harsh than a Murci.

It is a shame that more people with these fantastic vehicles are not willing to take them out and drive them like they were meant to be driven. We would have a lot more data than we do now. I guess too many people buy these cars to look cool, or to impress people, and not for their remarkable performance.

Aaron

Hmm I dunno where they compile those income lists, but according to this the median family income was 105,000 and 88,000 where I live which is the 2nd most expensive zip code in AZ.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carefree,_Arizona

Then this one shows :

$95,000

http://www.city-data.com/city/Carefree-Arizona.html

What is funny is on that page, you can see the welcome to Carfree sign which is on the street directly before you turn to my house, which is where I get the elevation from! 2568 ft! Now i have proof!! LOL

ufiles1246.jpg

I love the name of your city, pretty cool.

Your city only has like 4k people in it. My city has 24k and a lot more children.

from Wikipedia, "The median household income in Brentwood is $133,668 as of 2007"

Also from Wikipedia on my county:

"Williamson County is ranked among the wealthiest counties in the country. In 2002 a ranking of counties based on their median household income placed it thirteenth on the list of wealthiest counties.[4] Based on the same statistic, in 2006 it was the fifteenth wealthiest county in the country, but the Council for Community and Economic Research ranked Williamson County as America's wealthiest county (1st) when the local cost of living was factored into the equation with median household income [5]." :P

This isnt a contest or anything, I posted this info to make a point. The point being that even though I live in Tennessee, I am not living in some redneck, hillbilly area.

Aaron

I love the name of your city, pretty cool.

Your city only has like 4k people in it. My city has 24k and a lot more children.

from Wikipedia, "The median household income in Brentwood is $133,668 as of 2007"

Also from Wikipedia on my county:

"Williamson County is ranked among the wealthiest counties in the country. In 2002 a ranking of counties based on their median household income placed it thirteenth on the list of wealthiest counties.[4] Based on the same statistic, in 2006 it was the fifteenth wealthiest county in the country, but the Council for Community and Economic Research ranked Williamson County as America's wealthiest county (1st) when the local cost of living was factored into the equation with median household income [5]." :P

This isnt a contest or anything, I posted this info to make a point. The point being that even though I live in Tennessee, I am not living in some redneck, hillbilly area.

Aaron

According to this:

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2006/7/State_1.html

You didnt make the list! :lol2: :lol2:

All kidding aside, I hope you didnt think I meant anything about the place you live, Im certain there are incredible places to live where you are at, as there are everywhere. These lists are idiotic, as by me as well as im sure by you most are retired showing little to no income. I wanna see them live in 2million dollar homes for 88K yearly! :downtown:

According to this:

All kidding aside, I hope you didnt think I meant anything about the place you live, Im certain there are incredible places to live where you are at, as there are everywhere. These lists are idiotic, as by me as well as im sure by you most are retired showing little to no income. I wanna see them live in 2million dollar homes for 88K yearly! :downtown:

Haha yah, we wont be on the most expensive house sale price list. You can get a lot of house for the buck here, thus why it's the richest county when factoring in cost of living. This also means our housing market isnt over inflated like many other places in the US.

I wasnt offended by anything you said. I could tell by talking to you on the phone, that you are a normal, level headed guy who is passionate about cars, much like myself. All the debating is in good fun, and hopefully more people start running their cars with the vbox and posting their results so we have more to argue about

Aaron

You obviously havent been paying attention too well to the talk. I just ran my LP640 the other day, when no one else will. So the talk has just begun. Until you take out your SLR or LP640 and run it and have something useful to add to the conversation, dont knock the two people on this forum (me and Allan) for discussing our real world results. I already said the SLR was faster than the LP640 from a roll, the disputes are mostly over by how much in NORMAL CONDITIONS. The rest of the debate is over personal preference and subjective matters. I am enjoying it.

Aaron

My comments were said in a friendly way, not a critical way. Your LP runs mean nothing unfortunately, just as Allan's SLR runs mean absolutely nothing in terms of a comparison. Different DAs, different drivers, different days.

I look forward to the better match up oppurtunities that the fertile supercar region Allan is moving to will provide. That's all.

Appreciate all your runs, I enjoy the data. :icon_thumleft:

My comments were said in a friendly way, not a critical way. Your LP runs mean nothing unfortunately, just as Allan's SLR runs mean absolutely nothing in terms of a comparison. Different DAs, different drivers, different days.

I look forward to the better match up oppurtunities that the fertile supercar region Allan is moving to will provide. That's all.

Appreciate all your runs, I enjoy the data. :icon_thumleft:

Sorry Mako, I just reread my post and it was a bit harsh. I have read a lot of your posts over the past year and they are interesting and informative. No hard feeling here.

Aaron

Sorry Mako, I just reread my post and it was a bit harsh. I have read a lot of your posts over the past year and they are interesting and informative. No hard feeling here.

Aaron

Same here, besides, someone has to keep Allan honest... :icon_mrgreen: :icon_pidu:

(from 2006 census)

Aaron

nice my county is #1

According to this:

Why isn't your name on the notable residents list next to Dick VanDyke? :icon_mrgreen:

Why isn't your name on the notable residents list next to Dick VanDyke? :icon_mrgreen:

Im on the INFAMOUS list of people they want OUT!!!

Took the LP out for some 60-130mph runs today about an hour after it stopped raining. Humidity was about 80% and temps around 75 degrees, not the best of conditions. Best time was 8.070 seconds on a 2.7% decline. I definitely think the car has sub 8s in it with better conditions.

Although it was VERY difficult to pull off, I was able to do ONE quarter mile run with the Vbox on a pretty flat road (about 2% decline). The car can definitely do better as my 0-60 and 0-100 were lower the other day when I had a better start and better conditions. At least this gives us a starting point. It was very nerve racking doing this quarter mile run. I basically had to stop at the end of an onramp and hurry up and floor it before anyone came up behind me at the same time making sure no one was around on the highway. Car did 0-130mph in 12.3 seconds on this run. 100-200 km/h was 6.58 seconds.

Date 03/05/2008

Accel results

Speed(mph) Time(s)

0-60 03.9

0-100 08.1

Accel Distance results

Distance() Time(s) @Speed(mph)

0-60' 02.2 33.3

0-330' 05.5 74.8

0-660' 08.0 99.3

0-1320' 11.9 127.6

Best

Speed(mph) Time(s)

0-60 03.8

0-100 08.1

30-50 01.2

60-130 08.1

0-100-0 ----

Another thing that sucks is the LP640 redlines right at about 123-125mph, so you have to shift right at the end of the quarter mile or 60-130mph run. The redline readout is also off on the car, so you have to shift a good bit b4 it gets to the red so it wont hit the rev limiter. Timing this proved difficult.

Here are some pics of the 60-130mph graph and of the vbox readout.

post-6539-1209834437_thumb.jpg

post-6539-1209834461_thumb.jpg

post-6539-1209834484_thumb.jpg

post-6539-1209834500_thumb.jpg

Wow!! 128 mph trap is damn fast. That settles the argument regarding LP vs SLR.... they are both in the same speed class. On a drag strip though, the trap would be slightly lower due to the prepped running service. Great job again Aaron!! :icon_thumleft:

Wow!! 128 mph trap is damn fast. That settles the argument regarding LP vs SLR.... they are both in the same speed class. On a drag strip, though the trap would be slightly lower due to the prepped running service. Great job again Aaron!! :icon_thumleft:

Thanks B. I still think the SLR is faster than the LP though. It was fun doing the runs though.