VBOX TIMES

Well honestly I wasn't as good at getting the most out of my cars until I started getting serious with the vbox runs. If you noticed, my SL65 and TTG times got progressively better over time. I hear you about your efforts to get the LP640 owners to run, but I havent seen any other SLR owners step up either, so me and you are of a different breed I suppose.

Aaron

My car is set for delivery around June ... let me run it in for about 5000km and then we will have at least one more Vbox result on an LP640.

This will be a Roadster tho ... and a Euro spec car.

The wait is killing me ...........

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with or without power launch?

On my Gallardo Spyder the difference between a good normal launch and a perfect power launch is exactly 0.3 seconds.

Did you notice how badly the speedo is off?

I looked at it briefly, it said 87 on speedo when the Vbox said 80.

Aaron

Did you notice how badly the speedo is off?

03 Murcielago speedo vs Vbox (Garmin GPS also used to verify Vbox and they were both the same speed at all times):

Murci (first speed) Vbox(second speed)

50 mph 45 mph

70 mph 65 mph

80 mph 73 mph

90 mph 83 mph

100mph 93 mph

120mph 113mph

143mph 134mph

I looked at it briefly, it said 87 on speedo when the Vbox said 80.

Aaron

Yup. I got a 7 mph difference at all speeds between 80 and 120. Shouldn't it be a percentage??

Yup. I got a 7 mph difference at all speeds between 80 and 120. Shouldn't it be a percentage??

Seems like it would be, I will check mine again next time I take it out.

Aaron

On the LP640 the speedo is off 9% the dash computer is tied to the speedo, but the odometer is correct it picks up off of a different sensor.

Can you elaborate on which sensors and why? I began to wonder if the mileage was being overclocked like the speedo.

On my Gallardo Spyder the difference between a good normal launch and a perfect power launch is exactly 0.3 seconds.

at all speed intervals?

The Saga continues.....

Took the LP out again today, conditons were a bit better at 65 degrees and less humidity. Car had half a tank of gas. After driving around for about 10 minutes to let the car warm up, I decided to start off with a 0-100mph run. Turned the traction control off and sport mode on and floored it. I knew right away after take off that this was not the best launch I have had. To my surprise the Vbox readout said 7.9 sec, same as the first day I ran the car. After looking at the graph I found that it was more accurately a 7.86 seconds. Had a pretty dismal 2.2 60' time on that run, but after seeing a cop patrolling my normal 0-100 area, I decided 1 run was enough and decided to move onto the the highway for some 60-130mph runs.

I entered the interstate to start my trip down south about 10 miles to a more deserted highway, and immediately had cars flooring it to keep up with me and see the car. A couple had their camera phones out. I thought oh boy, it's Sunday morning, and there is not supposed to be this many people on the road. My favorite was the guy who kept up just well enough to stay in my blind spot, never passing and never letting me get away. I was just about to floor it to get away from him, but then I saw the exit sign. No one followed me onto the highway, peace at last.

After traveling to a few more miles, I could see the stretch the road that I did my quarter mile run on, and so I get ready to do a 60-130mph run. No cars around so I drop it down to 2nd and slow down to about 45 mph. I press the gas pedal down hard but smooth and the car comes alive. I try to time the 2nd to 3rd shift perfectly, but I am a slight bit early. No big deal I keep going, and I nail the 3rd to 4th shift right around 124mph. The Vbox alarm sounds at 130mph and I slow down fast. I look up at the Vbox and it shows 8.0 seconds flat. I remember thinking that has to be better than yesterday. I continue on another mile or 2, and there's another flat stretch of highway that I have used before. I go through the same process, and this time I nail the 2nd to 3rd shift perfectly right around 93 mph. I am getting excited now and anticipating the 3rd to 4th shift. Damn, I shifted a bit too early (around 122mph), and I dont even want to look at the Vbox readout. Well I couldnt resist looking, 8.2 seconds. Feeling a little dejected I exited the highway to reenter going the other way so I can head back home. About a mile after entering again, I see a stetch of road I have never done a 60-130mph run on before, and decide to give it one last try. This time I am pumped and ready. I am going to hit both shifts on the money this time. This is my last chance.

The deep growl of the 6.5 L V12 is felt throughout the cabin as I approach 60mph. I am one quarter watching the road, three quarters watching the tach. Right as it shows 7800rpms, I hit the egear lever. The shift is crisp and clean and right around 93 mph, perfect. Car is really moving now, I can hear more wind resistance as I climb over 100mph. I am watching and waiting, everyting is in slow motion. As the needle approaches 7800 rpms again, I snap the egear lever one more time, this time at 124mph. Everything felt right, I decelerate very fast to about 80mph, and earnestly look up at the Vbox. Damn there's a bunch of glare on it, I cant make it out. Off go the sunglasses as I sit up and move my head back and forth trying to read the tiny numbers on the readout. Finally there it is, plain as day, in black and white. 7.8 seconds! I had done it.

As I settled back into the car for the 20 mile trip home, I was thinking, is it a 7.76 or is it a 7.85? Was the slope on that road over the 3% maximum allowed? I would just have to wait until I got home. After reentering the busy interstate, the antics continued. This time there was a motorcyle, 2 cars and an suv surrounding me. I felt a little claustraphobic, but I turned up the radio and waited for my opportunity. Finally an opening with almost no traffic up ahead for a few miles. I gunned it. I smiled as the vehicles that had been pacing me got smaller and smaller in my mirror. At the time I wasnt sure what I speed I had reached, but found out later that it was about 150mph. My exit came up very quickly, and some bad thoughts popped into my head. "I wonder what a power launch would feel like. I wonder what 0-60 time it would produce."

As I got closer to my house and to the road that is about perfectly flat and long enough for a 0-80 run, my confidence grew stronger. I soon found myself stopped in the middle of the street, no cars around, traction control off and sport mode on. It was now or never. I hit the gas pedal hard. The engine, exhaust, and transmission sang in unison as the tach reved up to 4000 rpms. BAM! the clutch dropped and the tires began spinning. The beast that had always been so civilized and in control was dancing a jig. I stayed on the pedal and the car hooked up and went straight. Exactly like in the videos posted by Lambornima. I didnt hit the 1st to 2nd gear perfectly, but it was good enough. 80mph came up really fast, and I slammed on the brakes. No glare on the vbox this time. I immediately saw 3.2 seconds on the display, and scrolled through to the 10mph increment page. As I turned down the road for my house, I thought, "WOW, this car is awesome, power launches rule!" I parked the car and took some pictures of the Vbox readouts. I hate this part, because it seems nearly impossible to get a good clean picture. I took several pictures of each screen. There was no clutch smell, and barely any rubber burning smell as I headed inside to look at the graphs

First thing I looked at was the 60-130mph runs. I had to know what that 7.8 was. The suspense was killing me. I was a little annoyed when I saw it was 7.85 seconds on a 1.9% decline, but I remembered that Scott, moderator at 6speed, had run a 7.86 in his stock Z 0 6 at sea level. We previously had a little rivalry going on there with his Z 0 6 and my Renntech SL65. I took a look at the 0-60mph power launch run and it was actually very slightly uphill with a peak long acceleration of 1.141 G around 51 mph. All in all I am pretty satisfied with the performance of the LP640. It may not be the fastest car around, but it is the best looking car around and a joy to drive. This car does not feel fast, feels much slower than my SL65 (which it isnt), but it is deceivingly fast. The jury is still out on how much faster a stock SLR would be from a rolll against the LP, but with a power launch from 0-80mph (at least), the stock SLR has zero chance.

Here are some key numbers:

60-130mph 7.85 seconds.

0-100mph 7.86 seconds.

Date 04/05/2008

Accel results

Speed(mph) Time(s)

0-60 03.2

0-100 ----

Accel Distance results

Distance() Time(s) @Speed(mph)

0-60' 01.8 37.6

0-330' 04.9 78.9

Best results

Date 04/05/2008

Speed(mph) Time(s)

0-60 03.2

0-100 07.9

30-50 01.0

60-130 07.8

0-10 mph 0.3 seconds

0-20 mph 0.8 seconds

0-30 mph 1.3 seconds

0-40 mph 2.0 seconds

0-50 mph 2.6 seconds

0-60 mph 3.2 seconds

0-70 mph 4.2 seconds

0-80 mph 5.0 seconds

Some pics of the 60-130mph graph and vbox readouts.

post-6539-1209921929_thumb.jpg

post-6539-1209922054_thumb.jpg

post-6539-1209922075_thumb.jpg

A 1.80 60'ft time on the street is amazing. If you kept going on that run, a quarter mile would of come up in the mid 11s easy!! :icon_thumleft:

The Saga continues.....

Took the LP out again today, conditons were a bit better at 65 degrees and less humidity. Car had half a tank of gas. After driving around for about 10 minutes to let the car warm up, I decided to start off with a 0-100mph run. Turned the traction control off and sport mode on and floored it. I knew right away after take off that this was not the best launch I have had. To my surprise the Vbox readout said 7.9 sec, same as the first day I ran the car. After looking at the graph I found that it was more accurately a 7.86 seconds. Had a pretty dismal 2.2 60' time on that run, but after seeing a cop patrolling my normal 0-100 area, I decided 1 run was enough and decided to move onto the the highway for some 60-130mph runs.

I entered the interstate to start my trip down south about 10 miles to a more deserted highway, and immediately had cars flooring it to keep up with me and see the car. A couple had their camera phones out. I thought oh boy, it's Sunday morning, and there is not supposed to be this many people on the road. My favorite was the guy who kept up just well enough to stay in my blind spot, never passing and never letting me get away. I was just about to floor it to get away from him, but then I saw the exit sign. No one followed me onto the highway, peace at last.

After traveling to a few more miles, I could see the stretch the road that I did my quarter mile run on, and so I get ready to do a 60-130mph run. No cars around so I drop it down to 2nd and slow down to about 45 mph. I press the gas pedal down hard but smooth and the car comes alive. I try to time the 2nd to 3rd shift perfectly, but I am a slight bit early. No big deal I keep going, and I nail the 3rd to 4th shift right around 124mph. The Vbox alarm sounds at 130mph and I slow down fast. I look up at the Vbox and it shows 8.0 seconds flat. I remember thinking that has to be better than yesterday. I continue on another mile or 2, and there's another flat stretch of highway that I have used before. I go through the same process, and this time I nail the 2nd to 3rd shift perfectly right around 93 mph. I am getting excited now and anticipating the 3rd to 4th shift. Damn, I shifted a bit too early (around 122mph), and I dont even want to look at the Vbox readout. Well I couldnt resist looking, 8.2 seconds. Feeling a little dejected I exited the highway to reenter going the other way so I can head back home. About a mile after entering again, I see a stetch of road I have never done a 60-130mph run on before, and decide to give it one last try. This time I am pumped and ready. I am going to hit both shifts on the money this time. This is my last chance.

The deep growl of the 6.5 L V12 is felt throughout the cabin as I approach 60mph. I am one quarter watching the road, three quarters watching the tach. Right as it shows 7800rpms, I hit the egear lever. The shift is crisp and clean and right around 93 mph, perfect. Car is really moving now, I can hear more wind resistance as I climb over 100mph. I am watching and waiting, everyting is in slow motion. As the needle approaches 7800 rpms again, I snap the egear lever one more time, this time at 124mph. Everything felt right, I decelerate very fast to about 80mph, and earnestly look up at the Vbox. Damn there's a bunch of glare on it, I cant make it out. Off go the sunglasses as I sit up and move my head back and forth trying to read the tiny numbers on the readout. Finally there it is, plain as day, in black and white. 7.8 seconds! I had done it.

As I settled back into the car for the 20 mile trip home, I was thinking, is it a 7.76 or is it a 7.85? Was the slope on that road over the 3% maximum allowed? I would just have to wait until I got home. After reentering the busy interstate, the antics continued. This time there was a motorcyle, 2 cars and an suv surrounding me. I felt a little claustraphobic, but I turned up the radio and waited for my opportunity. Finally an opening with almost no traffic up ahead for a few miles. I gunned it. I smiled as the vehicles that had been pacing me got smaller and smaller in my mirror. At the time I wasnt sure what I speed I had reached, but found out later that it was about 150mph. My exit came up very quickly, and some bad thoughts popped into my head. "I wonder what a power launch would feel like. I wonder what 0-60 time it would produce."

As I got closer to my house and to the road that is about perfectly flat and long enough for a 0-80 run, my confidence grew stronger. I soon found myself stopped in the middle of the street, no cars around, traction control off and sport mode on. It was now or never. I hit the gas pedal hard. The engine, exhaust, and transmission sang in unison as the tach reved up to 4000 rpms. BAM! the clutch dropped and the tires began spinning. The beast that had always been so civilized and in control was dancing a jig. I stayed on the pedal and the car hooked up and went straight. Exactly like in the videos posted by Lambornima. I didnt hit the 1st to 2nd gear perfectly, but it was good enough. 80mph came up really fast, and I slammed on the brakes. No glare on the vbox this time. I immediately saw 3.2 seconds on the display, and scrolled through to the 10mph increment page. As I turned down the road for my house, I thought, "WOW, this car is awesome, power launches rule!" I parked the car and took some pictures of the Vbox readouts. I hate this part, because it seems nearly impossible to get a good clean picture. I took several pictures of each screen. There was no clutch smell, and barely any rubber burning smell as I headed inside to look at the graphs

First thing I looked at was the 60-130mph runs. I had to know what that 7.8 was. The suspense was killing me. I was a little annoyed when I saw it was 7.85 seconds on a 1.9% decline, but I remembered that Scott, moderator at 6speed, had run a 7.86 in his stock Z 0 6 at sea level. We previously had a little rivalry going on there with his Z 0 6 and my Renntech SL65. I took a look at the 0-60mph power launch run and it was actually very slightly uphill with a peak long acceleration of 1.141 G around 51 mph. All in all I am pretty satisfied with the performance of the LP640. It may not be the fastest car around, but it is the best looking car around and a joy to drive. This car does not feel fast, feels much slower than my SL65 (which it isnt), but it is deceivingly fast. The jury is still out on how much faster a stock SLR would be from a rolll against the LP, but with a power launch from 0-80mph (at least), the stock SLR has zero chance.

Here are some key numbers:

60-130mph 7.85 seconds.

0-100mph 7.86 seconds.

Date 04/05/2008

Accel results

Speed(mph) Time(s)

0-60 03.2

0-100 ----

Accel Distance results

Distance() Time(s) @Speed(mph)

0-60' 01.8 37.6

0-330' 04.9 78.9

Best results

Date 04/05/2008

Speed(mph) Time(s)

0-60 03.2

0-100 07.9

30-50 01.0

60-130 07.8

0-10 mph 0.3 seconds

0-20 mph 0.8 seconds

0-30 mph 1.3 seconds

0-40 mph 2.0 seconds

0-50 mph 2.6 seconds

0-60 mph 3.2 seconds

0-70 mph 4.2 seconds

0-80 mph 5.0 seconds

Some pics of the 60-130mph graph and vbox readouts.

Nice runs! The Lp definitely has the advantage with being able to put all its power to the ground from a dead stop without having to shift a gear.

Im going to have to respectfully disagree on the 0-100mph comment and the SLR having no shot. Using my car as an example, and following up to your 80mph graph, a point at which inmo, due to the 20inch rims my car runs worse than stock the SLR is quickly gaining ground from a 4/10 deficit at 60mph to a 2/10th deficit at 80mph clearly showing the SLR gaining ground. My runs again were done in much worse conditions. At 80mph, in stock the form the SLR shifts to 3rd, at which point the TCU will allow the car to use full power and the tables will turn on the lp640.

This morning I went behind my house to where there is a private community with their own private airstrip. I begged them to allow me just to do one run , and even though they said they would love to see me do it, they said under no circumstances could they allow me to do so. Up until I got the vbox I never realised how difficult it is to actually find a suitable road to do a good run on. Everysingle road by my house goes eith up or down, and also has massive dips .

Lastly we are in essense talking about tenths of seconds differnce between the SLR and Lp640 in the lower mph range, and according to others much more into racing than I, a tenth of a second is equal to 2 cars. Inmo as speeds increase the SLR will further distance itself from the LP atleast until 180mph. At 180mph was were the SLR seemed to significantly slow down.

This freaking airstrip would be perfect. Its pretty cool, the people fly in and park their planes in their garage. Supposedly John Travolta has a home there.

2.jpg

0.1 seconds = 2 cars? so to 60 the LP will be 8 car lengths ahead? seems like a wierd way to compare.

It depends on the speed 0.1 secs at 100mph should be about 0,007 miles(not 100% accurate but still) so about 2 car lengths.

0.1 seconds = 2 cars? so to 60 the LP will be 8 car lengths ahead? seems like a wierd way to compare.
Yes, i should have been more specific. It is measured at a rate of speed.

Also, I am packing for my move right now and came across the a Car and Driver, which tested a Euro Diablo 6.0, Fastest mph in the 1/4 Ive seen, and NO one has ever come close in their personal car 122mph with a 0-100 in 8.2 sec. According to the data it ran 60-130 in 9.4 seconds.

Also was thinking about the comment acicchelli made about the Plastic mess-06 how in similar conditions the Plastic mess-06 and his Lp640 were nearly identical in their 60-130 times. As i said before, I had heard that in several roll on races an Lp640 couldnt pull a stock Plastic mess-06 till aprox 140mph at which point by 150 it was 1 car length ahead. Using acicchelli's theory that altitude will affect a naturally aspirated car moreso than a TT or supercharged car ( I disagree) brings us back to the Nevada 1/2 mile and mile shootout, where I competed bone stock against not one, but 2 Plastic mess-06's, both of which returned virtually identical times. In the time it took the Plastic mess-06 to get to 146mph, the SLR was going 9mph faster, and this was at an altitude of 1250ft, less than 1/2 of which I am at. Anyone who has driven my car, including Tony who was one of the competeing Plastic mess-06's will tell you that the SLR stock was not barely faster, not slightly faster, but faster by a vast margin than any Plastic mess-06. The Mile results were destruction for the Plastic mess-06, as it massively slows down once it shifts to 5th gear, but in the 1/2 mile it runs hard, beating the Gallardo Spider by approx 10mph.

btw Aaron, excellent write ups! I felt like I was in the car with you, good reporting buddy! Folks, doing a succesful vbox run is not as easy as it might appear. It takes a lot of time, planning, logistics, luck and balls!! Props to Aaron for running down his entire stable!! :headbang: :headbang:

Allan, some one needs to condense the fastest times on this thread... they are scattered thruout and its getting hard to remember who ran what! :icon_thumleft:

Also, I am packing for my move right now and came across the a Car and Driver, which tested a Euro Diablo 6.0, Fastest mph in the 1/4 Ive seen, and NO one has ever come close in their personal car 122mph with a 0-100 in 8.2 sec. According to the data it ran 60-130 in 9.4 seconds.

so does that mean that a) the euro cars are much faster than the US spec ones, b)the car was a ringer or c) they nearly killed the clutch with their launch or d)all of the above?

It depends on the speed 0.1 secs at 100mph should be about 0,007 miles(not 100% accurate but still) so about 2 car lengths.

:eusa_think: at 160 km/h (100 mph) you cover 44 m/s which is 4.4 meters per 0.1 seconds which is only about 1 length.

I just took a look at what Car and Driver and SportAuto did with the LP640 and compared them to what Aaron did.

the car and driver one makes Aaron's runs seem even more impressive.

they did 0-60 in 3.5 and 0-80 in 5.7 while Aaron shaved off 0.3 and 0.7 seconds off those times respecitively (so from 60-80 he got ahead 8 lengths?). while Car and Driver got to the 1/4 in 11.8 @ 126 mph (perhaps making the 11.9@128 possible?)

SportAuto got to 124 mph in 10.7 seconds while C&D got to 120 mph in 10.7 seconds. so as the trend seems to show that Aaron's results were better than C&D's it would seem they would be right with what SportAuto got, which is just as good, if not better than all other magazines save one (italian mag quattoruote)

so, lambo has not been sending ringers to tests :icon_super:

Im going to have to respectfully disagree on the 0-100mph comment and the SLR having no shot.

Do you mean this comment Allan?

"The jury is still out on how much faster a stock SLR would be from a rolll against the LP, but with a power launch from 0-80mph (at least), the stock SLR has zero chance."

I said to 80, not 100. A stock SLR will not do 0-80 in 5 flat like my LP did.

Aaron

Nice runs! The Lp definitely has the advantage with being able to put all its power to the ground from a dead stop without having to shift a gear.

Im going to have to respectfully disagree on the 0-100mph comment and the SLR having no shot. Using my car as an example, and following up to your 80mph graph, a point at which inmo, due to the 20inch rims my car runs worse than stock the SLR is quickly gaining ground from a 4/10 deficit at 60mph to a 2/10th deficit at 80mph clearly showing the SLR gaining ground. My runs again were done in much worse conditions. At 80mph, in stock the form the SLR shifts to 3rd, at which point the TCU will allow the car to use full power and the tables will turn on the lp640.

This morning I went behind my house to where there is a private community with their own private airstrip. I begged them to allow me just to do one run , and even though they said they would love to see me do it, they said under no circumstances could they allow me to do so. Up until I got the vbox I never realised how difficult it is to actually find a suitable road to do a good run on. Everysingle road by my house goes eith up or down, and also has massive dips .

Lastly we are in essense talking about tenths of seconds differnce between the SLR and Lp640 in the lower mph range, and according to others much more into racing than I, a tenth of a second is equal to 2 cars. Inmo as speeds increase the SLR will further distance itself from the LP atleast until 180mph. At 180mph was were the SLR seemed to significantly slow down.

This freaking airstrip would be perfect. Its pretty cool, the people fly in and park their planes in their garage. Supposedly John Travolta has a home there.

That sucks about the airstrip. That would be really awesome. They wouldnt even let you rent it out? Finding good roads are next to impossible around here as well. There are tons of hills here, and I have to drive way out of the way to do higher MPH type runs.

Aaron

Also was thinking about the comment acicchelli made about the Plastic mess-06 how in similar conditions the Plastic mess-06 and his Lp640 were nearly identical in their 60-130 times. As i said before, I had heard that in several roll on races an Lp640 couldnt pull a stock Plastic mess-06 till aprox 140mph at which point by 150 it was 1 car length ahead. Using acicchelli's theory that altitude will affect a naturally aspirated car moreso than a TT or supercharged car ( I disagree) brings us back to the Nevada 1/2 mile and mile shootout, where I competed bone stock against not one, but 2 Plastic mess-06's, both of which returned virtually identical times. In the time it took the Plastic mess-06 to get to 146mph, the SLR was going 9mph faster, and this was at an altitude of 1250ft, less than 1/2 of which I am at. Anyone who has driven my car, including Tony who was one of the competeing Plastic mess-06's will tell you that the SLR stock was not barely faster, not slightly faster, but faster by a vast margin than any Plastic mess-06. The Mile results were destruction for the Plastic mess-06, as it massively slows down once it shifts to 5th gear, but in the 1/2 mile it runs hard, beating the Gallardo Spider by approx 10mph.

The Z 0 6 60-130mph run was not made in similar conditions Allan, it was made at sea level. Also the guy driving the Z 0 6 can pull shifts off in like .13 seconds. 99.99% of drivers cannot do that. I have owned both cars and I dont think the Z 0 6 is as fast as the LP. Once you start talking about really high speeds, things are completely different. Drag and gearing comes into play.

Aaron

:eusa_think: at 160 km/h (100 mph) you cover 44 m/s which is 4.4 meters per 0.1 seconds which is only about 1 length.

I just took a look at what Car and Driver and SportAuto did with the LP640 and compared them to what Aaron did.

the car and driver one makes Aaron's runs seem even more impressive.

they did 0-60 in 3.5 and 0-80 in 5.7 while Aaron shaved off 0.3 and 0.7 seconds off those times respecitively (so from 60-80 he got ahead 8 lengths?). while Car and Driver got to the 1/4 in 11.8 @ 126 mph (perhaps making the 11.9@128 possible?)

SportAuto got to 124 mph in 10.7 seconds while C&D got to 120 mph in 10.7 seconds. so as the trend seems to show that Aaron's results were better than C&D's it would seem they would be right with what SportAuto got, which is just as good, if not better than all other magazines save one (italian mag quattoruote)

so, lambo has not been sending ringers to tests :icon_super:

On my 1 quarter mile run, with regular launch, I got 0-120mph in 10.56 seconds, 0-130mph was 12.34 seconds. Based on my results and their poor 0-60 time, it seems to me that C and D wasnt allowed to use power launch. Since I didn't do power launch and on that quarter mile run I shifted right before 124mph (200km), at 122.7mph, the 0-124 mph time isnt really comparable to Sport auto.

Aaron

A 1.80 60'ft time on the street is amazing. If you kept going on that run, a quarter mile would of come up in the mid 11s easy!! :icon_thumleft:

btw Aaron, excellent write ups! I felt like I was in the car with you, good reporting buddy! Folks, doing a succesful vbox run is not as easy as it might appear. It takes a lot of time, planning, logistics, luck and balls!! Props to Aaron for running down his entire stable!! :headbang: :headbang:

Allan, some one needs to condense the fastest times on this thread... they are scattered thruout and its getting hard to remember who ran what! :icon_thumleft:

Thanks for the compliments B. It's nice to have someone out there that appreciates my hard work. All your posts with the results in your TTG is what pushed me over the edge to get me one. Thank you for that. Of course thanks to Wayne too for being the pioneer.

Aaron

Using my car as an example, and following up to your 80mph graph, a point at which inmo, due to the 20inch rims my car runs worse than stock the SLR is quickly gaining ground from a 4/10 deficit at 60mph to a 2/10th deficit at 80mph clearly showing the SLR gaining ground.

Can you be a little more specific with what you mean here? I am a little confused. Maybe you can post the numbers you are referring to?

Aaron

Thanks for the compliments B. It's nice to have someone out there that appreciates my hard work. All your posts with the results in your TTG is what pushed me over the edge to get me one. Thank you for that. Of course thanks to Wayne too for being the pioneer.

Aaron

:icon_thumleft:

The TTG is a blast and I am glad you are enjoying your beast as much as I do mine. BUT, still waiting for a sub 5 second 60-130 time!! You seem to have a strong car, I am sure it can be done on race gas. I took my car out today and tried a one shift run and timed out a 5.9 seconds. I haven't done a two shift on the Vbox, but I think a two shift pass will be faster despite having an extra shift.