VBOX TIMES

I got to do a run today on the way back from Lambo Ohio to see if I could even figure out the VBOX! :lol2:

It was me, Emily, some shopping, A/C on, and 69° outside with very high humidity.

I shifted into 4th because I don't know if the car will make it to 130 in 3rd and I only got one straight, flat stretch of road and didn't want to screw it up. I thought I recalled 3rd gear making it to 132 in which case I cost myself probably a good 1/2 second. My shift times from 2nd to 2rd and 2rd to fourth were .22 and .24 seconds respectfully.

I am still learning this impossible software but here is what I got:

60-90 = 3.03

60-130 = 9.11

There was a drop of only 6ft. over the whole run so it was quite flat.

I think without the extra weight of a passenger, shopping, turning A/C off, and not shifting into 4th, a solid time in the low 8's is what to expect.

Nice run, if you wanna send me your dbn file, I can set up the graph nice and post it for you. [email protected] is my email.

Aaron

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got to do a run today on the way back from Lambo Ohio to see if I could even figure out the VBOX! :lol2:

It was me, Emily, some shopping, A/C on, and 69° outside with very high humidity.

I shifted into 4th because I don't know if the car will make it to 130 in 3rd and I only got one straight, flat stretch of road and didn't want to screw it up. I thought I recalled 3rd gear making it to 132 in which case I cost myself probably a good 1/2 second. My shift times from 2nd to 2rd and 2rd to fourth were .22 and .24 seconds respectfully.

I am still learning this impossible software but here is what I got:

60-90 = 3.03

60-130 = 9.11

There was a drop of only 6ft. over the whole run so it was quite flat.

I think without the extra weight of a passenger, shopping, turning A/C off, and not shifting into 4th, a solid time in the low 8's is what to expect.

Not bad for the first try. Looking forward to seeing 8's. :icon_thumleft:

Nice run, if you wanna send me your dbn file, I can set up the graph nice and post it for you. [email protected] is my email.

Aaron

DAMN! I wish I had read this post in time. I was trying to make a graph and managed to delete more than 95% of my logged data.

All that is left is a 0-7.97 time of 30.90 when I was sitting at a light! :eusa_wall:

I should be able to gather some more data Saturday for Lambo Ohio's event. I will definitely either ask you or have you do the graph work!! :lol2:

Not bad for the first try. Looking forward to seeing 8's. :icon_thumleft:

Me too! Does anyone know what stock Murci's run it in?

Does anyone have a list of 60-130 compiled so you don't have to look through 18 pages of mostly nonsense?

Does anyone have a list of 60-130 compiled so you don't have to look through 18 pages of mostly nonsense?

I ran a 7.85 in my LP640, a 5.22 sec in my TTG, a 7.48 in my SL65 Renntech, and a 12.69 in my Cayenne GT700. I think Bernard ran a 5.9 in his TTG, and Im not sure if anyone else on this site has ran their cars 60-130mph yet.

Aaron

Allan said he would compile the list.... but he has been busy lately.

You are probably breaking new ground, dunno if any Murci 60-130 times have been published. You would of murdered my M5, which took 11 seconds to do the same run.

Wow!! On the LP, did you have to do a 2nd shift (i.e., 3rd to 4th)?

I really think that killed my time. that, and all of the other factors. I never thought I would get a stretch to do it and then BAM it opened up and I couldn't prepare for it! :lol2:

Allan said he would compile the list.... but he has been busy lately.

You are probably breaking new ground, dunno if any Murci 60-130 times have been published. You would of murdered my M5, which took 11 seconds to do the same run.

Wow, and that isn't a slow car. We get Emily's M6 back after having the windows tinted. It is still stock; we will try to do a run in that assuming it's not raining too hard!

Wow!! On the LP, did you have to do a 2nd shift (i.e., 3rd to 4th)?

I really think that killed my time. that, and all of the other factors. I never thought I would get a stretch to do it and then BAM it opened up and I couldn't prepare for it! :lol2:

Yes I did, i had to shift at like 124-125 which really hurts the time.

Aaron

Yes I did, i had to shift at like 124-125 which really hurts the time.

Aaron

I wonder if I will hit 130 if I let it hit the rev limiter in 3rd.

I wonder if I will hit 130 if I let it hit the rev limiter in 3rd.

I am not sure about your murci, but the LP wont get to 130 in 3rd.

Aaron

I am not sure about your murci, but the LP wont get to 130 in 3rd.

Aaron

I know the gearing is shorter, but with the increased rev limit I was thinking you might be about equal to the 6.2 which means that I won't hit in 3rd either.

From Road & Track, here are some stock car times:

6.1 - Saleen S7 Twin Turbo

6.9 - Mosler MT900S

7.0 - Ferrari Enzo

7.3 - Porsche Carrera GT

8.9 - Mercedes SLR McLaren

9.1 - Porsche 993 RUF Turbo R (100 octane)

9.2 - Chevrolet POS C6 Plastic mess-06

9.4 - Lamborghini Diablo VT 6.0

9.5 - Ferrari F430

10.9 - Lamborghini Murcielago

11.7 - Ferrari Challenge Stradale

12.1 - Lamborghini Gallardo

12.2 - Porsche 996 TT

So, I shaved 1.8 seconds off the 60-130 time of a stock Murci and am .2 down on the SLR.

Is 1.8 a big drop in the 60-130?

Considering you had your GF, shopping, AC on and not really "prepared" to do this, I would say it's quite impressive. We're probably talking about another .5 you could shave off in more perfect conditions...very impressive. The mods paid off my friend!! :icon_thumleft:

Considering you had your GF, shopping, AC on and not really "prepared" to do this, I would say it's quite impressive. We're probably talking about another .5 you could shave off in more perfect conditions...very impressive. The mods paid off my friend!! :icon_thumleft:

Thanks!

From Road & Track, here are some stock car times:

6.1 - Saleen S7 Twin Turbo

6.9 - Mosler MT900S

7.0 - Ferrari Enzo

7.3 - Porsche Carrera GT

8.9 - Mercedes SLR McLaren

9.1 - Porsche 993 RUF Turbo R (100 octane)

9.2 - Chevrolet POS C6 Plastic mess-06

9.4 - Lamborghini Diablo VT 6.0

9.5 - Ferrari F430

10.9 - Lamborghini Murcielago

11.7 - Ferrari Challenge Stradale

12.1 - Lamborghini Gallardo

12.2 - Porsche 996 TT

So, I shaved 1.8 seconds off the 60-130 time of a stock Murci and am .2 down on the SLR.

Is 1.8 a big drop in the 60-130?

I dont think I would use a list which shows a Ferrari F430 or Diablo 6.0 is 1.5 seconds faster than a stock Murci, or that an SLR is 1.6 seconds slower than a Porsche CGT as a guide.

I dont think I would use a list which shows a Ferrari F430 or Diablo 6.0 is 1.5 seconds faster than a stock Murci, or that an SLR is 1.6 seconds slower than a Porsche CGT as a guide.

The only list I could find.

• 2 weeks later...

Stock ML63, 73 degrees, 50% humidity. Very flat road.

Accel Distance results

Distance() Time(s) @Speed(mph)

0-60' 02.0 34.6

0-330' 05.5 67.8

0-660' 08.4 87.1

0-10 0.3 sec

0-20 1.0 sec

0-30 1.7 sec

0-40 2.5 sec

0-50 3.4 sec

0-60 4.5 sec (graph showed 4.46sec)

0-70 5.8 sec

0-80 7.2 sec

0-90 9.0 sec

0-100 11.1 sec (graph showed 11.11sec)

on a different road:

60-130mph 14.39 second on a 2.72% decline (100-200kmh was 11.95sec)

Not bad for stock SUV. The 0-60 and 0-100mph times were about identical to what Road and Track obtained.

Aaron

post-6539-1211730649_thumb.jpg

Stock ML63, 73 degrees, 50% humidity. Very flat road.

60-130mph 14.39 second on a 2.72% decline (100-200kmh was 11.95sec)

Not bad for stock SUV. The 0-60 and 0-100mph times were about identical to what Road and Track obtained.

Aaron

Hahaha, nice. Much faster than most of the midrange coupes of the last decade like the M3, NSX, 996C2...and of course the 360. :lol2:

Hilarious. :icon_thumleft:

thye should make an ML65!

An ML65 Black Series would destroy the Cayenne Turbo S. Keep the AWD for sure though with that thing. It would grip more than the SL or CL series due to weight and width of tires too.