VBOX TIMES

In my car, 2nd gear only goes up to about 70 mph, so I have found that its best to start the 60-130mph runs in 3rd and go with only the 3rd to 4th gear shift at around 100mph. Now in Bernards car, it may be worth starting in 2nd as he has taller tires and 2nd gear may not run out until about 75mph+.

Aaron

Interesting Aaron, I will have to try out both methods when I do a run. Jason started in second in the TT SL and pulled a 5.1 with two people in the car. Maybe the quicker egear helps out a bit!

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting Aaron, I will have to try out both methods when I do a run. Jason started in second in the TT SL and pulled a 5.1 with two people in the car. Maybe the quicker egear helps out a bit!

Yah, but we dont know when he shifted into 3rd. It could have been right b4 the 60mph mark.

Aaron

The 06 G and up only needs two shifts, 4th gear runs up to a little over 130mph. Lets get that Vbox over to SECC joe!

SECC Joe did it.. starting in 4th it took 6.4 sec, no shifts.

Yah, but we dont know when he shifted into 3rd. It could have been right b4 the 60mph mark.

Aaron

I am pretty sure he gets close to redline before shifting.

I am pretty sure he gets close to redline before shifting.

Not in 1st and 2nd in a TTG on race gas he doesnt always ! He anticipates the wheel spin and shifts accordingly.

Not in 1st and 2nd in a TTG on race gas he doesnt always ! He anticipates the wheel spin and shifts accordingly.

I was amazed at how well the SL w/pzero corsas was hooking up. I am prety certain that he made two shifts on our runs. At the strip he was coaching me to "lift and stab" in first gear if wheel spin/hop was a problem. The G makes all of its power on the top end, so short shifting will cost some time.

All im saying is, we dont know for sure when he shifted. It's likely that he shifted as you said, but we would need to look at the Vbox graphs to see.

a 5.1 second 60-130 mph?! :o

how do you get the times to separate into 10mph increments?

cor vet te c6 convertible with some mods on 19/20" iforged wheels.

0-60 km/h = 2.3 seconds

0-60 mph = 4.3 seconds

there is room for improvement on both. Traction control was on for both of those times.

tried to do a 60-130 mph run but the highway was way too busy. had to shut down twice right around 110mph.

seems like its going to start to rain otherwise I will take the lambo out tonight to do a 60-130mph. not going to bother with the 0-60 times in it. I don't want to launch it. (never have actually)

how do you get the times to separate into 10mph increments?

cor vet te c6 convertible with some mods on 19/20" iforged wheels.

0-60 km/h = 2.3 seconds

0-60 mph = 4.3 seconds

there is room for improvement on both. Traction control was on for both of those times.

tried to do a 60-130 mph run but the highway was way too busy. had to shut down twice right around 110mph.

seems like its going to start to rain otherwise I will take the lambo out tonight to do a 60-130mph. not going to bother with the 0-60 times in it. I don't want to launch it. (never have actually)

Just go through the screens. There are 2 screens that will go 0-200mph in 10mph increments.

Not that I know of, I got a 5.2 in my TTG, and Heffner got a 5.1 in the TTG SL that he finished recently.

Aaron

why dont you put the VBOX in the LP?

Why would I want a car that is slower than my Renntech Sl65? Just kidding Allan. Seriously, I sat in an SLR and it was pretty cramped, but I am mildly considering one. I would say 10% SLR, 90% 599.

Why would I want a car that is slower than my Renntech Sl65? Just kidding Allan. Seriously, I sat in an SLR and it was pretty cramped, but I am mildly considering one. I would say 10% SLR, 90% 599.

599= :gay: :icon_mrgreen:

Finally got my GT700 Cayenne out for some 60-130mph runs. Best time was 12.69 seconds on 2.95% slope. PSM off started at 50mph, hit the gas and let the tranny do all the shifting. Car had to shift right at the end around 127 mph. Conditions were 50 degrees with average pressure and 80% humidity.

60-100mph was 5.64 seconds, while 100-130mph was 7.05 seconds. The car really hits a wall once into triple digit speeds due to drag.

100-200km/h was 10.61 seconds. Stock 100-200km/h time for a Turbo S is 13.9.

Graph below of the run.

post-6539-1208705251_thumb.jpg