Are 308 GTB's rare? Searching for one..

lambolp400s

I'm thinking of getting a 308 GTB for my better half, but watching eBay for a while, it seems like there is 99% GTS's in US. Rarely, a fiberglass GTB surfaces for a shitload of cash, but aa around -77 to -79 GTB seems rare to come across.

SO, insted of telling me this car is so shitty and slow, why don't you help me find a OK car for the right money? Please don't shoot me for thinking (as my missus) that it is one of the absolute most beautiful cars ever. Easier to "invest" when both share opinions..

Don't say this don't looks good? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcyRybh9z0k

I think the 308's are a great looking car, granted not much performance.. but a great sexy looking car.. why a GTB? just cause its rare?

I think the 308's are a great looking car, granted not much performance.. but a great sexy looking car.. why a GTB? just cause its rare?

308/328 GTB is a pretty classic shape. IMHO, the GTS version of anything they make is FUG.

No 308 is rare. Try Forza Motorsports. They seem to always have a 308.

The only nice looking car, is the 75-80 GTB with the Euro RoW bumpers. The glass cars will appreciate in price.

The lines of the 308 WITH a roof is much better the without. About the rareness, I don't know if the GTB really IS rare in the US, but counting the cars for sale (GTS vs GTB) it seems like the American importer forgot the closed version, and because of that owners of the cars in existence keep them for them selves...

I'll say this:

308s are plentiful, but a quality example of one is somewhat rare. Euro spec is rarer than American spec, GTBs are rarer than GTSs, carbed cars are rarer than injection....and fiberglass is the rarest of them all.

You need one with the right cosmetics (euro bumpers), and a motor that is running fairly strong.

For a car with a small motor it is important to get one that is running right otherwise it will be very disappointing. My pick is a good dry sump carbed car (steel or fiberglass) in good tune.

American carbed cars can be good too. My friend had a steel '76 US car that ran pretty well.

Good luck!

If you want a rare 3 series GTB, that will be reliable for the wife, and an overall more refined car go with the 328 GTB. Hard to find and more rare then a 308 GTB but well worth the hunt.

I know of one available, but I'm not to sure if it can go from Canada to the US. I think cars must be 25 years or older to be able to enter the US from different countries.

I just picked up a 82 308 GTBi I wasnt really looking for one but I found this one close to home and it needed some work with the fuel system, The owner was the type that when a problem happend with his car he parked it instead of having it fixed so I bought it to fix.

Mine is Blue with biege interior now I havent seen to many GTBs for sale and alot less of them in blue.

This one will be for sale later this year since im in iraq now and it is stored in the garage...

but if your still looking this fall give me a buzz

If you are tall, the 308 will not be for you, sit in one first...in my old GTS, i almost had to drive with the top off to fit! and I am only 6'1...in my 512m it was a bit better..

I just picked up a 82 308 GTBi I wasnt really looking for one but I found this one close to home and it needed some work with the fuel system, The owner was the type that when a problem happend with his car he parked it instead of having it fixed so I bought it to fix.

Mine is Blue with biege interior now I havent seen to many GTBs for sale and alot less of them in blue.

This one will be for sale later this year since im in iraq now and it is stored in the garage...

but if your still looking this fall give me a buzz

That I will do. Can you send me a photo of the car?