Iron man!

Cabbe

ironman%20copy2.jpg

Feature Film Slate Update:

Marvel today updated its feature film slate strategy and plans for the next three years, locking in key release windows for its character franchises. In order to focus its attention on maximizing the success of an Iron Man sequel and the launch of Thor in the summer of 2010 and because Marvel believes that the summer is the optimal time to launch a new property, the Company will not release a self produced film in 2009. Marvel plans to launch its 2010 film slate with the release of the sequel, Iron Man 2, on April 30, 2010, followed by the launch of Thor on June 4, 2010. Additionally, Marvel is planting its feature film stakes for summer 2011 with an Avengers-themed summer - a two-picture project which will debut on May 6, 2011 with The First Avenger: Captain America (working title), followed by The Avengers in July 2011.

Marvel's Chairman, Morton Handel, commented, "Adjusting for the strong year-ago contribution from the Spider-Man JV, Marvel's Q1 2008 operating results continued to demonstrate strong global demand for consumer products based on the Company's portfolio of characters. Marvel's self-produced feature film slate launched this past weekend with a performance that firmly establishes Iron Man as a major new film franchise, and the Company eagerly awaits the June premiere of The Incredible Hulk, Marvel's second self-produced film. In addition, Marvel has been investing in other important areas of growth such as the Internet where, to lead the Company's newly formed Global Digital Media Group, Marvel recently announced the hiring of Ira Rubenstein. Marvel has a strong foundation to build from, and the Company is adding infrastructure to maximize these opportunities."

Source Here

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And of course, the LP640

screenshot1sj5.png

the BOOTLEG trailer up last week had that little joke about the lamborghini on the end of the trailer... but seems like the OFFICIAL trailer that got released in theaters didn't have it? i saw a few on youtube, and no lamborghini joke?

the BOOTLEG trailer up last week had that little joke about the lamborghini on the end of the trailer... but seems like the OFFICIAL trailer that got released in theaters didn't have it? i saw a few on youtube, and no lamborghini joke?

I got those screens from the official trailer from the website. Dark Knight

One thing to add, Iron Man will be making a cameo in the Incredible Hulk movie. Marvel Comics will be doing that regularly with other movies :eusa_dance:

Check out this video clip Marvel Studios. CNBC's Julia Boorstein is not bad looking :monkeyleft:

One thing to add, Iron Man will be making a cameo in the Incredible Hulk movie. Marvel Comics will be doing that regularly with other movies :eusa_dance:

Check out this video clip Marvel Studios. CNBC's Julia Boorstein is not bad looking :monkeyleft:

Remember, there's going to be a Thor, and Captain America, and The Avengers coming out in the next few years as well as The Hulk.

Sweet Home Chicago:

screenshotgs4.png

That's funny! Surprised it slipped through. Nolan has always said that it's a location movie, so they were obviously going for the landmarks, but that sign is a big no-no.

I took my girlfriend with me to see it. She sually doesnt like any of the Marvel charaters or thier films. She think they are too "unrealistic" :rolleyes:

She actually liked this one though. I thought it was well made too. Downey did a good job :icon_thumleft:

That's funny! Surprised it slipped through. Nolan has always said that it's a location movie, so they were obviously going for the landmarks, but that sign is a big no-no.

There's a few others in the trailer that i couldn't catch on my computer, you need to really look closely. There's a PA who takes his hat off and runs across screen at one point, and you can see the chase car with camera in another.

just got back from watching it. I loved it! Anyone know what kind of jet (iron man's) was used? Is it even real?

Never even heard of this hero, will have to check out this movie. In addition to "The Dark Knight," also remember "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull."

Never even heard of this hero, will have to check out this movie. In addition to "The Dark Knight," also remember "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull."
For some reason I'm only moderately excited about that one. I expect it to be fun, but I'm not sure if the same feeling will come up.

I'm also not very excited for the new Hulk, which surprises me. I actually liked the Ang Lee movie.

• 2 weeks later...

After seeing this movie this weekend, I had to do a search for this thread and bring it back! :icon_mrgreen: What a badasss movie, one of the first in a long time that I would see twice in the theatre! Ill definitely be buying the DVD when it comes out!

Like a few others, I knew nothing about Iron Man before this movie (wasnt really into Marvel stuff as a kid). After hearing how awesome it was from a few of my friends and all of you on here, I can wholeheartedly agree, YOU WERE RIGHT!!! :icon_super:

Best line in the movie:

Soldier - "Mr. Starks, is it true you went 12 for 12 with Maxim cover models last year?"

Tony Starks - "Well yes and no. March and I had a scheduling conflict but fortunately the December issue was twins"

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

• 2 weeks later...

I also enjoyed Ironman. It was actually entertaining unlike a certain Harrison Ford movie currently in theaters.

• 1 year later...