PORSCHE 9FF GT9 HITS 409KM/H

Diablo_4_Ever

Crazy Porsche tuner 9ff has announced that on the 10th of April 2008; the GT9 took to the Test track in Papenburg, and managed to hit an incredible speed of 409 km/h (253.6mph). Fast, but still a few km/h shy of the SSC Ultimate Aero TT, with 413km/h (257 mph).

http://germancarscene.com/2008/05/09/porsc...t9-hits-409kmh/

post-230-1210547712_thumb.jpg

post-230-1210547720_thumb.jpg

Also looks like part of the rear end fell off, probably around 350 kmh lol. All joking aside, thats quite a feat but that car to me has very little Porsche style left in it. Kinda makes me think of a NASCAR'd version of a Porsche. All aero'd out where they have to paint on the grill and the headlights in an attempt to make it look like some type of production car.

Also looks like part of the rear end fell off, probably around 350 kmh lol. All joking aside, thats quite a feat but that car to me has very little Porsche style left in it. Kinda makes me think of a NASCAR'd version of a Porsche. All aero'd out where they have to paint on the grill and the headlights in an attempt to make it look like some type of production car.

I was just going to say... can they even call that a porsche anymore? The whole body/chassis has been modified. Very nascarish, where ford fusions go 200+ lol.

not that exciting to look at, but that is as fast as STINK!!! :shock: How many in their lifetime will ever top 200mph in a car anyway? So 250, whatever... :eusa_think:

There is a nice article in Evo Mag on it. From memory it's based on the 996 even though it has the new front. 9ff's aim was to better the top speed of the Veyron. Useabilty is another question, apparently under 3k revs it stalls.

Ugly car... Fast but ugly. In the world of modified Porsches of this kind, Ill take the Ruf CTR3 over this all day. The rear on the CTR3 aint the best it could be but it looks better than the 9ff. Respect to 0ff for that speed though. Serious car just not a sexy line on it. Its like a chick with no tits or hips.

• 1 month later...
Hubcaps.

For arodynamic reasons. Do you need that, and to take of the rear for cooling to hit max speed you are far of what I would consider a "street-car". It should be turn key, and head for max.

Its been in all thee mags over here, and its very much still a porker. According to the journos it felt no different than a stock turbo.....until 4.5k then all hell breaks lose. It's drivability is excellent, both in controls and ride.....so it doesn't stall under 3k!! It's actually slower than a carrera s under 100mph, due to gearing. After then, especially after 150, there's very little out there that will touch it.

• 1 month later...