*New Audi R8 TDI*

zeeshan66

I’m by no means a fan of the original R8 but this beast looks absolutely shocking! Almost breath taking beauty and styling that makes me want one! Audi has hit the mark with this masterpiece.

As opposed to the 420-bhp 4.2-litre V-8 the TDI a turbocharged 6.0-litre V-12 diesel engine with 500 bhp and an eye-popping 738 lb.-ft. of torque. It is the world's first diesel-powered supercar!!! 0-62mph in 4.2 seconds. Top speed 187mph

More info: http://ca.autos.yahoo.com/p/250/audi-r8-v-12-tdi-diesel

Pics were taken from: http://supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=491528

some pics of it in silver and quick write up from the Detroit Autoshow: http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/13/detroit...the-r8-v12-tdi/

NOW TO THE PICS

R82.jpg

R83.jpg

R84.jpg

R85.jpg

R86.jpg

R87.jpg

audi-r8-tdi-le-mans-concept-front-v.jpg

resized_audi_r8_tdi_le_mans_concept.jpg

just so we don't all jump aboard the Audi train...

184-1.jpg

I thought Audi announced that it will NOT be producing the diesel?

IMHO it looks great in those pictures.

This is very old news, it was discussed extensively a few months ago...

If I remember correctly they said they weren't going to build the V-12 TDI at this time, but they were going ahead with a V-8 TDI.

I love it, but want the V-12!!! :eusa_wall:

WOW. Never thought I'd like the R8. I wasn't a fan of the original R8 (looks way too plain) but this one killed it. Its very badass.

Question though is HOW MUCH? :eusa_think:

diesel :jackoff:

Have you driven a new diesel car lately?

If anything the gas engines are :jackoff: The new generation diesels are cleaner and meaner then the new gas engines... Piles of torque coupled with low lag turbo chargers and ultra low emissions to boot.. diesels never looked so appealing before... :icon_thumleft:

If anything the gas engines are :jackoff: The new generation diesels are cleaner and meaner then the new gas engines... Piles of torque coupled with low lag turbo chargers and ultra low emissions to boot.. diesels never looked so appealing before... :icon_thumleft:

Spot On :icon_thumleft:

Guys diesels have come long way. Yes. But they are still not a true alternative to petrol. Try racing one! I had a new E320 CDI as a coutesy car and whilst it felt torquy it smelt bad, sounded very bad, blew out white smoke after going into kickdown a couple of times, engine did not feel as accurate as petrol NA etc.... Didnt drive it after a couple of days.

diesel :jackoff:
Oh, you mean winning the 24 hrs of Le Mans with a diesel? As in, beating out all GASOLINE engines?...with a goddamn diesel?! Winning twice already since 2006?!?!

I think :headbang::headbang::headbang: is more like it.

Oh, you mean winning the 24 hrs of Le Mans with a diesel? As in, beating out all GASOLINE engines?...with a goddamn diesel?! Winning twice already since 2006?!?!

I think :headbang::headbang::headbang: is more like it.

Their MPG has never been in question.

yes

I have a 530d , if i like it on a daily driver yes if i want a Diesel in a Sportscar, NO...

my Lamborghini Tractor loves Diesel... :rolleyes:

give me a high rpm gas engine anytime...

:iamwithstupid:

My thoughts exactly! Some of you guys need to get out more.

Um, a new E320 CDI that smelt bad and blew out black smoke??? :eusa_think: Strange, we have an ML320 CDI and have never smelled anything, and never seen any black smoke.

My thoughts exactly! Some of you guys need to get out more.

Um, a new E320 CDI that smelt bad and blew out black smoke??? :eusa_think: Strange, we have an ML320 CDI and have never smelled anything, and never seen any black smoke.

Just my experience, I am glad your car has been good. I'm sure that the courtesy car had been abused. However it not uncommon to see white smoke come out of modern diesels under full acceleration.

The E320cdi was only until recently available in 45 of 50 states as it had poor emissions.

The E320cdi was only until recently available in 45 of 50 states as it had poor emissions.

Not exactly correct, the problem was with the diesel fuel compliance in several states headed by the big Green (California).. it's all sorted out now.

I recently bought a Powerstroke Ford Super duty (Diesel), the thing is a monster and it's emissions are as good as a similar size gas engine if not better, Black smoke is long gone and it even sounds "Normal".. (that's until the sequential turbos kick in.. :icon_super: )

I simply fell in love with diesel engines.. :bj:

I've been dealing with diesels for the better part of my adult life, up to 2000hp in some cases. I would love a diesel sports car! We have a VW toureg diesel, the torque from that motor STOCK is downright scary!

I've been dealing with diesels for the better part of my adult life, up to 2000hp in some cases. I would love a diesel sports car! We have a VW toureg diesel, the torque from that motor STOCK is downright scary!

I have been wanting to test drive the V10 TDI for years but there are NEVER any within 200 miles of me; is it really that good!??! Diesel (my Dane) said he wants something smaller and more luxurious in addition to the Dodge. :lol2:

Lately I've been putting "Diesel" in the search box of my local Craigslist car section every day to see if I can fish out something interesting other then the usual F-250/GMC/Dodge stuff...

On a different note, I'm waiting for the new BMW 7 series to come out in the end of the year, I heard they are going to have a killer turbo diesel version... :icon_super:

and yet on another different note abolfaz, did you get my text msg ?