Countach TIRES

jeffer

I have contacted COKER TIRE about reproducing the Pirelli tires: 205/50/15, 225/50/15, 345/35/15. Please respond by email with what size & how many tires you would be willing to purchase...email:

[email protected]

if there is a major response Coker will seriously consider making them...please move this Topic to another Discussion Group if you feel it will have better exposure

thanks everyone Jeff

I have new rears.

The question that I would need answered FIRST, do they have the necessary equipment to build these tyres and

DO THE NECESSARY CHECKS.

Lots of people can build a tyre, but being able to do the necessary checks is another thing. Also they would not be

able to make the tyre unless they buy the patent and the molds from Pirelli.

I really do not think I would put my life on the line with a tyre from them, UNLESS they could prove the tyre at 180 mph for at least 1 hour.

Chadbourn Bolles

Would be interested in a complete set.

I have new rears.

The question that I would need answered FIRST, do they have the necessary equipment to build these tyres and

DO THE NECESSARY CHECKS.

Lots of people can build a tyre, but being able to do the necessary checks is another thing. Also they would not be

I really do not think I would put my life on the line with a tyre from them, UNLESS they could prove the tyre at 180 mph for at least 1 hour.

Chadbourn Bolles

good questions Chad, I know Coker specializes in vintage tires...whitewalls from the 50's, musclecar tires from the 60's, so I would assume if they decided to produce repo Pirelli's they would be a quality tire. If Coker makes that decision we should be able to get some kind of specs from them I would hope.

cheers Jeff

I am going to be in the market for new rear tires for my Countach whithin the next year. If I was to buy from a company such as Coker, I would expect that the tires they produced would be speed rated for at least the very minimum specs of the original Pirellis. Why would a tire manufacturer produce a tire replica that was strucurally deficient?

I can't imagine any reproducing manufacturer making a copy of anything that is of lessor quality than the original. Let us pray that Coker and any other interested parties show a commitment towards manufacturing a replacement that exceeds the oringinal equipment.

good questions Chad, I know Coker specializes in vintage tires...whitewalls from the 50's, musclecar tires from the 60's, so I would assume if they decided to produce repo Pirelli's they would be a quality tire. If Coker makes that decision we should be able to get some kind of specs from them I would hope.

cheers Jeff

Ok, so who 's going to approach Coker and speak on all of our behalf?

Someone contact them, find out the specs and we'll show them how many.

I know Pantera guys use the same but I think just the rears.

Who else uses 205's?????????? I would jump at 205's

4 fronts (205s) and 2 rears for me (although I understand that rears are still available from Pirelli if I am patient).

I have new rears.

DO THE NECESSARY CHECKS.

Chadbourn Bolles

:iamwithstupid:

Building a replica tire is one thing.

Building the best tire you can put on a Countach and bet your life on is another.

Think about how much money Pirelli has spent on research and development to ensure the best tire possible.

Now ask yourself how much do you think Coker has spent on R & D, I would be surprised if it was 10% of what Pirelli has.

Unless they buy the patent you put alot of faith in them in chosing rubber compounds and performance standards.

Just my honest opinion. Sincerely Vic

:iamwithstupid:

Building a replica tire is one thing.

Building the best tire you can put on a Countach and bet your life on is another.

Think about how much money Pirelli has spent on research and development to ensure the best tire possible.

Now ask yourself how much do you think Coker has spent on R & D, I would be surprised if it was 10% of what Pirelli has.

Unless they buy the patent you put alot of faith in them in chosing rubber compounds and performance standards.

Just my honest opinion. Sincerely Vic

But they wouldn't need to spend as much on R&D as Pirelli since Pirelli already did the engineering. All Coker has to do is build them per Pirelli's specs. They are already building VR rated Michelin XWX under license which were used on the LP400 and Boxers. Do you think Michelin would let Coker put their name on tires if they weren't up to Michelin's standards, which I think is probably a step beyond Pirelli in terms of engineering and quality.

But they wouldn't need to spend as much on R&D as Pirelli since Pirelli already did the engineering. All Coker has to do is build them per Pirelli's specs. They are already building VR rated Michelin XWX under license which were used on the LP400 and Boxers. Do you think Michelin would let Coker put their name on tires if they weren't up to Michelin's standards, which I think is probably a step beyond Pirelli in terms of engineering and quality.

They would still have to pay them for the patent or manufacturing wrights. Which is fine and would assure that they build them to the same standard as Pirelli.

Will the tires be maked as "coker" or Pirelli? The TRX tires which they sell for Daytonas, etc. are real Michelins made by Michelin, as far as I know.

That's an interesting point. I have a Cooker tire book around here somewhere. I do remember the disclaimer on the vintage racing tires being for show purpose ONLY.

Ok, so who 's going to approach Coker and speak on all of our behalf?

Someone contact them, find out the specs and we'll show them how many.

I know Pantera guys use the same but I think just the rears.

Who else uses 205's?????????? I would jump at 205's

i want a front set in 205 to!