Gus' Triple White

Teufel657

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought the incorrect side skirts and the anniversary front bumper where coming off?

what year is this QV?

Damn Gus if your reading this- we need you to hire a photog or get a real camera!

Im dying for some good pics not from a camera phone

Congrats on the QV. Your Lambo collection is superb

Damn Gus if your reading this- we need you to hire a photog or get a real camera!

Im dying for some good pics not from a camera phone

Congrats on the QV. Your Lambo collection is superb

How much are digital cameras? I just cannot justify in blowing money like that. I am not Mr. Money Bags where I can just go out and blow money like that on a camera. Those things probably costs at leat two hundred plus dollars, right? I bought a came five years ago, a Toshiba PDR-M5 Digital Still Camera but lost the accessories and manual to it. I just got the camera. Dan has been nice enough to post the pictures for me. I will eventually learn someday how to post my own pictures.

1986 Lamborghini Countach 5000 QV

so someone added skirts on it

talking about this:

i recently have seen 2 countach cars (5000S and early DD) in Europe with these skirts added, both were going to be repainted and both owners kept them while restoring the cars AND knowing they were not original....

i personally prefer the round look (it enhances the wheel arches design and the agreesive countach look IMO- see pic) but there is love for them and is not only from our Romandad :icon_mrgreen:

post-4328-1212357401_thumb.jpg

Looks like Spa.

How much are digital cameras? I just cannot justify in blowing money like that. I am not Mr. Money Bags where I can just go out and blow money like that on a camera. Those things probably costs at leat two hundred plus dollars, right? I bought a came five years ago, a Toshiba PDR-M5 Digital Still Camera but lost the accessories and manual to it. I just got the camera. Dan has been nice enough to post the pictures for me. I will eventually learn someday how to post my own pictures.

:lol2: :lol2:

Try Sears, they have 0 payment 0 interest on their credit card for 12 months... :icon_thumleft:

Gus, you can get a decent digital camera for $150.

Couple more pictures I've been sent.

jun010013ue6.jpg

jun010012zw0.jpg

I just cannot justify in blowing money like that. I am not Mr. Money Bags where I can just go out and blow money like that on a camera. Those things probably costs at leat two hundred plus dollars, right?

:lol2: :thefinger:

You are a great addition to LP!

:lol2: :lol2:

Try Sears, they have 0 payment 0 interest on their credit card for 12 months... :icon_thumleft:

I have problems with 0% credit programs. Whenever I go to Kohls, Target, or other department stores, they want me to apply for a credit card and will give me 10% off. 100% of the time, I get denied, do not get the discount, and my credit scores go down again for the extra credit inquiry. It sucks.

I have problems with 0% credit programs. Whenever I go to Kohls, Target, or other department stores, they want me to apply for a credit card and will give me 10% off. 100% of the time, I get denied, do not get the discount, and my credit scores go down again for the extra credit inquiry. It sucks.

I feel you, used to happen to me all the time... :icon_mrgreen:

Don't give up though, you can always go to Costco, buy a camera, use it to take pictures of your cars then return it with no questions asked policy they have in there... :icon_thumleft:

Now Gus, I must ask you a question that I feel is due.. Do you know a guy that goes buy the name Eric Petersen, he usually resides in Vegas... He also has a nice collection of cars like you...?

Gus, the more I read and learn about you and your cars, (hell I couldn't help it if I tried not to) since I 'hang' here MOST of the time and over there...some of the time. The feeling I get is that you could use a 'Countach adviser' - and I am happy to volunteer. Your 'adviser' (me) would be happy to discuss with you anytime what models of Countach are the 'coolest' and 'best' based on years of freaking Lamborghini Countach worship and ownership. In other words if I had your financial resources, what exact model Countach based on my wealth of experience with the model would be the best ones to acquire and own. Does that make sense? I am sure there are even more knowledgeable experts than me, so others are qualified to be your 'adviser', but I would be a damn good one! :icon_mrgreen:

There has been a lot of emphasis by a group of self proclaimed Countach 'experts' that early CT's...periscope roof cars and early low body car's are somehow ridiculously more desireable than the others, when we all know that the pinnacle of Countach's ENDS with the '85 and '86 'downdraft' cars :icon_mrgreen: these raw cars have the best look, highest horsepower, are fairly rare, especially in the US, etc. etc. Beyond those model years, they are dressed up in skirts and accessories = yuck in my opinion...and just like arse-holes, we all have opinions!! Let me know if I an ever be of assistance!

Mike :)

Gus, the more I read and learn about you and your cars, (hell I couldn't help it if I tried not to) since I 'hang' here MOST of the time and over there...some of the time. The feeling I get is that you could use a 'Countach adviser' - and I am happy to volunteer. Your 'adviser' (me) would be happy to discuss with you anytime what models of Countach are the 'coolest' and 'best' based on years of freaking Lamborghini Countach worship and ownership. In other words if I had your financial resources, what exact model Countach based on my wealth of experience with the model would be the best ones to acquire and own. Does that make sense? I am sure there are even more knowledgeable experts than me, so others are qualified to be your 'adviser', but I would be a damn good one! :icon_mrgreen:

There has been a lot of emphasis by a group of self proclaimed Countach 'experts' that early CT's...periscope roof cars and early low body car's are somehow ridiculously more desireable than the others, when we all know that the pinnacle of Countach's ENDS with the '85 and '86 'downdraft' cars :icon_mrgreen: these raw cars have the best look, highest horsepower, are fairly rare, especially in the US, etc. etc. Beyond those model years, they are dressed up in skirts and accessories = yuck in my opinion...and just like arse-holes, we all have opinions!! Let me know if I an ever be of assistance!

Mike :)

Mike

the DD has more power (and weight) of course and is faster on a straight line ... BUT as much as i love you: a DD does NOT look better than a lowbody car. :icon_butt:

and with over 300 possibly 400 made is also not SOO RARE in countach world :icon_mrgreen:

do not get me wrong: i love them for their big torque engine and i'd like to have one :icon_thumleft: (i recently went to see one red/black for sale in Italy , if only the seller would have been just realistic with his asking ....)

p.s. i forgot: the 4 liter sounds better to :eusa_dance:

Mike

the DD has more power (and weight) of course and is faster on a straight line ... BUT as much as i love you: a DD does NOT look better than a lowbody car. :icon_butt:

and with over 300 possibly 400 made is also not SOO RARE in countach world :icon_mrgreen:

do not get me wrong: i love them for their big torque engine and i'd like to have one :icon_thumleft: (i recently went to see one red/black for sale in Italy , if only the seller would have been just realistic with his asking ....)

p.s. i forgot: the 4 liter sounds better to :eusa_dance:

excuse me??? what are you smoking over there? :eusa_naughty: lol! I was going to mention to Gus that YOU would be an excellent Countach adviser too, but now I have to reconsider :icon_mrgreen:

how much was the Italian owner asking? :eusa_think:

excuse me??? what are you smoking over there? :eusa_naughty: lol! I was going to mention to Gus that YOU would be an excellent Countach adviser too, but now I have to reconsider :icon_mrgreen:

how much was the Italian owner asking? :eusa_think:

i do NOT smoke :lol2: i know DD have great torque and power but you would agree the low roof cars look superb (LP400 are too different and it is a matter of taste, if you like the fat wheels-spoilers and wing...)

:icon_mrgreen: i take the excellent adviser part as a good compliment TKS you!

do not hate on lowbodies guys, didn't you had one many years ago, Mike? :icon_pidu:

about your question : WELL OVER 100k, around 130k ..... (EURO!!) that would be fair for a pristine examples but this was not a perfect neither all original car, had no stereo-antenna, was repainted 3 times ecc ......

if you want all details PM me i also have VIN somewhere

So Mike how do you pick the years 85 to 86 for the best downdrafts?

Remember the 85 cars had the weaker transmissions plus the later cars had

better A/C.

i do NOT smoke :lol2: i know DD have great torque and power but you would agree the low roof cars look superb (LP400 are too different and it is a matter of taste, if you like the fat wheels-spoilers and wing...)

:icon_mrgreen: i take the excellent adviser part as a good compliment TKS you!

do not hate on lowbodies guys, didn't you had one many years ago, Mike?

about your question : WELL OVER 100k, around 130k ..... (EURO!!) that would be fair for a pristine examples but this was not a perfect neither all original car, had no stereo-antenna, was repainted 3 times ecc ......

if you want all details PM me i also have VIN somewhere

I agree, lowbody cars are SWEET!!! I was only goofin'. Obviously the lower stance and bravo wheels are EYE CANDY! My first CT was an odd one, it was titled 1981, but must have been a transition car? It had more in common with the 1982 model? I still don't know what happened to that car? I know it was last being dealt by Symbolic Motors, so CAL...from there ??? This model does seem to be the least desireable CT out there?

...anyway I am a DeTomaso guy for now...psst. I am not allowed to say the P (antera) word around here, I promised! :eek3dance:

I agree, lowbody cars are SWEET!!! I was only goofin'. Obviously the lower stance and bravo wheels are EYE CANDY! My first CT was an odd one, it was titled 1981, but must have been a transition car? It had more in common with the 1982 model? I still don't know what happened to that car? I know it was last being dealt by Symbolic Motors, so CAL...from there ??? This model does seem to be the least desireable CT out there?

i know Mike, you are funny to :)

about the S:

the 1981 was a transition year: early 81 are S2 cars (great looking lowbodies with smooth dish campagnolo wheels as Greg's silver beauty!) while late 81 are hi roof car and share dimension with 5 liter countachs

what VIN was your car? do you have pics? we could find out if it was an S2 or S3

the S2 cars are pretty sought after but i can tell even the "less desirable" S3 hi roof cars have a good market (as a 4 liter car)

as "strange" as it could look some people are only interested in 4 liter cars and would pay more for a S3 than a 5000S 2V.....

...anyway I am a DeTomaso guy for now...psst. I am not allowed to say the P (antera) word around here, I promised! :eek3dance:

really? i am interested in panteras!

PM me your mail, i'd like to talk with you about those

i personally prefer the round look (it enhances the wheel arches design and the agreesive countach look IMO- see pic) but there is love for them and is not only from our Romandad :icon_mrgreen:

Yep :icon_super:

78-88 is the bad-ass Countach.