Another reason why the Ford GT ROCKS....

Smash Boy

My friends from DC FINALLY got to drive the FGT after all of this time. They pretty much get to ride or drive most of what's out there.....new and old.

So one of them has actually had the luck to have ridden in some supercar Ferraris like the 288 GTO and the Enzo. And he told me flat out that a stock Ford GT *feels* faster than the Enzo. He said the Enzo surely is faster, but not by a landslide.....torque curve too flat once you get into the higher rev range he said.

Basically, with this benchmark for seat of the pants feel it's only downhill for Lambos and N/A Ferraris, lol. Of course, you could pony up the $500k for an F40 or 288 and mod it. :icon_thumleft:

There are other factors where the FGT may not be #1 at, but it's still pretty up there in all the categories, IMHO. The only reason why it hasn't been bestowed legendary status yet is because of the pic below.

post-1098-1213558097_thumb.jpg

My friends from DC FINALLY got to drive the FGT after all of this time. They pretty much get to ride or drive most of what's out there.....new and old.

So one of them has actually had the luck to have ridden in some supercar Ferraris like the 288 GTO and the Enzo. And he told me flat out that a stock Ford GT *feels* faster than the Enzo. He said the Enzo surely is faster, but not by a landslide.....torque curve too flat once you get into the higher rev range he said.

Basically, with this benchmark for seat of the pants feel it's only downhill for Lambos and N/A Ferraris, lol. Of course, you could pony up the $500k for an F40 or 288 and mod it. :icon_thumleft:

There are other factors where the FGT may not be #1 at, but it's still pretty up there in all the categories, IMHO. The only reason why it hasn't been bestowed legendary status yet is because of the pic below.

Tell your friends to get off the crack pipe.. Stock FGT is NOWHERE near an Enzo.

I guess I need to know what you mean by "NOWHERE near"

Real life looks near :icon_mrgreen:

And on paper 3 tenths of a seconds is near to me.

I guess I need to know what you mean by "NOWHERE near"

Real life looks near :icon_mrgreen:

And on paper 3 tenths of a seconds is near to me.

Only if you are comparing one of the WORST times for the Enzo, with what is a normal time for the FGT.

So right for the buck and the bang you can not go wrong with a FGT better than than the over priced SLR any day IMO

I guess youd need to throw the Murcielago in that mix.. :icon_thumleft:

the only thing that the FGT really hold over those cars, you can get engine parts at just about any parts store in the world because it shares a motor with the f150 pick ups, and cobra mustangs. other than that, no advantage i can think of. for the price you can get a dozen other way cooler cars!

justin

the only thing that the FGT really hold over those cars, you can get engine parts at just about any parts store in the world because it shares a motor with the f150 pick ups, and cobra mustangs. other than that, no advantage i can think of. for the price you can get a dozen other way cooler cars!

justin

It also was produced in small numbers, its also cheap and easy to mod, and those small mods make a huge difference.

It also was produced in small numbers, its also cheap and easy to mod, and those small mods make a huge difference.

That is certainly a plus for the GT.

justin

This is amateur stuff you just wrote...."only thing good about the FGT is..."....

utter nonsense, lol.

I and several others on this board feel it's one of the most special exotics ever built and all you can think about is part sharing?

Go pick up a magazine and bench race. Come back when you've learned a thing or two.

As for the Enzo/FGT comparison.....it was never said that the FGT was just as fast, but that it felt faster. And the same could be said for a Plastic mess-06 or Viper over certain ranges....big displacement and/or forced induction has a way of transmistting this impression versus low displacement high revving exotic motors.

A million car should be more than just fast on paper, IMHO.

i wont argue the cheap mods part, but cheap? you can get a gallard for just as much if not less and convert to TT, or do many other "cheap" mods that will make it just as fast. i don't mind the car, and i do like the practicality of the engine. the car is very impressive for american made. IMO though, there are better "bang for buck" cars out there.

This is amateur stuff you just wrote...."only thing good about the FGT is..."....

utter nonsense, lol.

I and several others on this board feel it's one of the most special exotics ever built and all you can think about is part sharing?

Go pick up a magazine and bench race. Come back when you've learned a thing or two.

As for the Enzo/FGT comparison.....it was never said that the FGT was just as fast, but that it felt faster. And the same could be said for a Plastic mess-06 or Viper over certain ranges....big displacement and/or forced induction has a way of transmistting this impression versus low displacement high revving exotic motors.

A million car should be more than just fast on paper, IMHO.

why is it an amiture statement, it's true. infact a good friend of mine uses that motor in a tube chasis race car with a mustang body on it. the 5.4 is an extremely impressive motor when it comes to makin big power. i won't argue that, but tell me why the FGT is so much more special than the other exotic cars out there? not, tryin to be a dick, but why don't you enlighten me.

justin

I love the clowns that knock the FGT because "it's a Ford". Go buy a Jalpa then, it says Lamborghini on it. Everyone will be very impressed.

I love the clowns that knock the FGT because "it's a Ford". Go buy a Jalpa then, it says Lamborghini on it. Everyone will be very impressed.

i'm not knock it because it's a for. i actually like the car. i just don't think that it's what you guys are hyping it up to be. it a great car, i won't take away from that. but you can get many other cars that are just as fast, exotic, easy to mod, etc. for the same price or less. if i am so wrong in my statements, than explain to me why?

justin

why is it an amiture statement, it's true. infact a good friend of mine uses that motor in a tube chasis race car with a mustang body on it. the 5.4 is an extremely impressive motor when it comes to makin big power. i won't argue that, but tell me why the FGT is so much more special than the other exotic cars out there? not, tryin to be a dick, but why don't you enlighten me.

justin

I'll never debate the versatility and potential of the FGT's 5.4 V8. I agree with you.

As for why I love the FGT and rank it as perhaps the most exciting car I've ever driven/ridden?

It just has so much of the important car guy stuff in an exotic. It overdoses in the proper areas enough to perhaps cloud jugement.

First off the car has a ton of torque and hp, in a very tractable mid-engine platform. More composed than a Viper, and more exotic than a POS. Oh yeah, the throttle response was instantaneous for a big domestic V8.

The car I drove was a rental with an exhaust upgrade, and it sounded amazing. Very loud but also very musical too...best sounding domestic V8 I've ever heard....the roar of the supercharger when you get on it is addicting.

The interior is very old school race like, which is a taste thing. For me I love it...for others, they want a Lexus interior. The shifter is good and has a bit of that crunchy feel I like (others want their shifters to be as smooth as a Honda). The pedals are nicely weighted....I found it to be a very easy car to drive.

The styling I like....true exotic with the way the engine cover opens backwards just like the original (copied by the Miura and Ferrari BB). I'm not gonna say it's better looking than a Lamborghini, but it looks great on its own.

On the road, point and shoot at 7/10s driving, I feel the car is noticeably more exhilarating than an F430 or a Gallardo...two benchmarks for driver's cars. I don't know how a Scuderia, Challenge Stradale, Superleggera, and other one off special F & L cars compare, so I can't say for sure. It may not be as great a track car as the others....

I've also driven a 512 TR and rode in a downdraft Countach QV, and this car is more similar to those cars in rawness than the newer cars. A lot of what I like in the old school Lamborghinis and Ferraris I find in the Ford GT.

The car has character. A lot of the newer cars are nice, but are more "tools" to get a job done than a raw beast. IMHO.

I've spent my whole life convincing myself to love Italian exotics over all others, and the FGT in 30 minutes blew me away and changed how I think. If that's not a good enough explanation why it is special, nothing I can say will ever explain it.

:icon_mrgreen:

Hey theres DBK, he can tell us how he lost in his FGT to Kisco In his Plastic mess-06 several times when they were stock! :icon_thumleft:

Inmo, when it comes to the FGT, its strongest point is the ability to mod. Visually, there is a guy who drives around in a ERA Ford GT, and inmo those look better. Something about the FGT that doesnt look right to me. The rest of the GT didnt do it for me either. Its still a great car, but now with early Gallardos available at 125k, why anyone would choose a lightly modded FGT over a TT Gallardo at the same price is beyond me. I think the FGT are trading between 160-180k, a nice early G can be had for 120-125+ 60K to TT it.

Pantera?

hell no, do not group me in with him. that guy is a tool! i still have the very first car i ever bought, and yes it is a fiero. the car is a reminder of where i come from. i did and still do hold a soft spot for the car, but i'm not about to try and compare it to anything, like that kid does. i've seen some very impressive fieros in my day, but no matter what you do to them they are not even in the same arena with these cars.

as far as what you have to say Fellippe, i can appriciate your opinion, but i will have to agree to disagree on where the car falls inline with others. they are very impressive for an american car. thanks for sharing you experiance.

justin

i still have the very first car i ever bought, and yes it is a fiero.......i've seen some very impressive fieros in my day

That explains E V E R Y T H I N G

I'm done posting in this thread :icon_mrgreen: