F430 Scud tested by Motor Trend

Allan-Herbie

Stop being naive people, you're L-Power members not mindless drones. At least Allan caught it:

"*Ferrari test driver, Fiorano circuit"

Right there in black and white at the bottom, took me literally less than 2 seconds to spot the nonsense.

All data = worthless.

Should be interesting to see what the performance is like in the real world.

As for the data being worthless, there is one worthy piece of data, and that is that the Scuderia has numbers almost the same as the Enzo at the same test facility, under similar conditions. I'm sure the V12 begins to shine as the speeds increase, but at anything 0-130mph, the Scuderia looks to be damn impressive. Time will tell, as these magazine tests are mostly hype anyway, regardless of what brand of car it is.

Aside from the performance numbers, their technical data in the article is very well done. I don't think I have seen an American automotive publication go into that much technical detail before. I like the comparison between the DSG and F1 Superfast clutch technology.

they should run the car uphill ;)

it seems other mags are getting on average, 0-60 in mid 3s, and 100 in mid 7s and the 1/4 in 11.6 @ 125ish mph.

Stop being naive people, you're L-Power members not mindless drones. At least Allan caught it:

Right there in black and white at the bottom, took me literally less than 2 seconds to spot the nonsense.

All data = worthless.

You are correct sir!

Too bad Motor Trend doesn't see it that way.

All data = worthless.

* = 1.8-mi road course lap

Not the rest of the tests?

But yeah, I doubt we'll see these performance numbers in the real world.

* = 1.8-mi road course lap

Not the rest of the tests?

But yeah, I doubt we'll see these performance numbers in the real world.

They still did the tests at Fiorano, which goes downhill... Regardless its a fast car.

here you go,do you want a copy of the bill of sale as well

I would like a picture of you standing on the roof of the car with a loaf of rye bread in your right hand

and a fish on top of your head, otherwise I won't believe you.

I would like a picture of you standing on the roof of the car with a loaf of rye bread in your right hand

:iamwithstupid:

only if you do that with your lambo first

are you implying that i am full of it and dont have the car?

not at all. I was implying that it one of the most hyped cars of the year, one of ferrari's fastest cars, you have gotten one and hadnt posted pics for us to see?

but now you have. best colour on the car imo. very nice!

not at all. I was implying that it one of the most hyped cars of the year, one of ferrari's fastest cars, you have gotten one and hadnt posted pics for us to see?

but now you have. best colour on the car imo. very nice!

thank you, i was almost going to post the pic standing on my head on the hood of the car

thank you, i was almost going to post the pic standing on my head on the hood of the car

Nice car! You should of bought a Lambo! :icon_mrgreen:

allan i did have a roadster and loved it but the top issue (not to mention the depreciation) just drove me nuts. you had to check the weather and think twice before taking the roadster out. i would strongly suggest you drive a scud you will be extremly impressed with the car as a whole but more with what they did with the F1 shifter

All data = worthless.

:eusa_think:

Quarter mile 11.2 sec @ 126.7 mph

The higher sciences have always been my weak point, but is it physically possible(factoring in weight,drag, gross power vs parasitic loss,etc) for a 3000+lb car with only 500hp to reach this speed in 11.2 seconds???

why buy a slower stock car? Lamborghini needs to step up

:eusa_think:

Quarter mile 11.2 sec @ 126.7 mph

The higher sciences have always been my weak point, but is it physically possible(factoring in weight,drag, gross power vs parasitic loss,etc) for a 3000+lb car with only 500hp to reach this speed in 11.2 seconds???

I would have to say yes, it is possible. Is their test repeatable? Who knows. The car is lighter than 3000 pounds, based on the data that I have seen. Regardless, I think the Scuderia acheives a lot of its performance gains from a number of smaller factors that, when combined, end up making a noticeable difference in performance. Those factors would include: shift times, powertrain efficiency, fast throttle response, computerized traction control (E-Diff in Race mode is amazingly efficient), and launch-ability of the new gearbox. Each of those factors on their own is somewhat small, but all added together the difference becomes noticeable.

I think that this car really represents what the future of many exotics will be heading towards. And that is really maximizing each of the factors in the overall engineered package.

keep in mind Ferrari's track is slightly downhill. most other mags have gotten to the 1/4 in 11.6