Post pics of the one that got away

MANG

thought about some of the great cars I owned in the past and when all is said and done, which car of all the cars you have owned was the one that gave you the most sports car/exotic experience...doesn't have to be the one you lost the most money on :eusa_wall:

I must say that this particular car, 1966 Porsche 911, I drove VERY often for 9 years and it always looked amazing and the drive was the best ever. Mine was lowered (properly suspended), rebuilt oversized weberized motor and the finish was exceptional....modern color = chiffon white, with recaro racing seats and the rest original, except for the music system which was kick-ass as well.....

post-9329-1217685519_thumb.jpg

Believe it or not, I adored my Porsche Boxster. It wasn't exciting, quick, or special enough to be my only sports car, so I sold it, but damn I have never owned a better car than that.

Say what you will about it, but it was beautiful and purposeful.

Don't have any pics but about 8 years ago I had the chance to buy a red '71 Cuda 440 for $4700. It needed a little work but it was still pretty much original and still ran strong. I probably could have bought it fixed it up then sold it at barrett jackson and have my lambo by now :eusa_wall:

My DB5. Great car, so easy to drive (even though it was RHD), always started immediately and ran well. I only sold it because it really did need a full cosmetic restoration, and I didn't have the $50-100k it would have needed to do it right.

6.JPG

Udo and Mike - nice cars. Those two have increased in price, over the last few years.

My big f-up, was choosing to buy a mint Boxer for 75K, instead of buying a mint 250PF coupe for the same price - at almost the same time :eusa_wall:

Other missed opportunities ?

The red and black Islero, that was for sale on E-bay for only 39K. I wanted an LP 400, but I refused to extend my search overseas. I asked Ralph, to help me find a car. We spoke often, about cars in the USA. Nothing came up ! At the time, they were priced about 90K.

I was not looking for this car, but I do remember Kaminsky telling me on the telephone in 2004, that I could find a Miura SV for around 250K to 300K. I read about four years ago, of a driver Daytona for sale, that drove, with some mechanical issues, for 90K.

85K, for a nice Lamborghini 350/400 GT. A Boano coupe for 150K (a driver).

Udo and Mike - nice cars. Those two have increased in price, over the last few years.

My big f-up, was choosing to buy a mint Boxer for 75K, instead of buying a mint 250PF coupe for the same price - at almost the same time :eusa_wall:

Other missed opportunities ?

The red and black Islero, that was for sale on E-bay for only 39K. I wanted an LP 400, but I refused to extend my search overseas. I asked Ralph, to help me find a car. We spoke often, about cars in the USA. Nothing came up ! At the time, they were priced about 90K.

I was not looking for this car, but I do remember Kaminsky telling me on the telephone in 2004, that I could find a Miura SV for around 250K to 300K. I read about four years ago, of a driver Daytona for sale, that drove, with some mechanical issues, for 90K.

85K, for a nice Lamborghini 350/400 GT. A Boano coupe for 150K (a driver).

Stop reminding me of the ones I missed. :eusa_naughty:

Guest skokos

Isleroman,that DB5 Is beautiful...My dream classic car.

What does one go like that for now?

Isleroman,that DB5 Is beautiful...My dream classic car.

What does one go like that for now?

In the shape mine was in, at least $300k. For a fully restored one in Silver Birch (ala 007), upwards of $500k.

I had a 1992 NSX Black 5spd that didnt so much get away...IT WAS STOLEN! Damn that hurt...(till i got the insurance payout :)) That was just a few years ago...so yes it was like 13 years old...but being 19...that car was the shit. I still miss it...especially when i watch this video > http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=INAByfRgFRE (Not my car but it captures it)

a few others that got away....I actually did good on the Ferrari..it was a cool 'euro' unmolested car (I had friends who bootlegged smog certs back then for all my cars :icon_mrgreen: , I never said a word that they were full euro cars...note the factory passing lights for the 'autobahn', mine was originally a German car...a pull back on the turn signal lever flashed those bright hellas in your face! Also had the coolest side view mirrors, someone might recognize them, I can't remeber the name, but they were used I think on the early ruf modified supercar turbos, very aerodynamic, built right in toward the body...

The 'Healey' I restored to match my white/red Countach, those cars looked sick together....I sold it to a Japanese collector for $12K :eusa_wall: it was sweet :(

The Maserati Khamsin was a US bastardized car with automatic...YUCK, but I made it my everyday driver for two years and it was maintenance perfect and what a kick to drive, just point the nose with the big torquey motor straight ahead and hold on, it had great power, odd Citroen hydraulic brakes that took gettin used to and a very cool 'hydraulic'power' seat mechanism that moved the seats around. No one ever knew what it was.

post-9329-1219457270_thumb.jpg

I still miss my Viper. Don't really need it but for what it sold for I should have just kept it. Never a problem in the 5 years of ownership.

post-6720-1219528080_thumb.jpg