It’s not just a new Lamborghini. It’s a new world.

a007apl

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing that's making sense to me from the looks of it is a modern-day Espada. The big, dark, hexagon-shaped part on top in the picture looks to me like tinted glass -- similar in shape and position to the very unique bit of rear window on the Espada.

And from the overall shape of the thing, I can't see how that's the shape of a mid-engined, 2-seater sports car.

Its always refreshing to hear news from Santa #### Lamborghini and start making all the lambo community excited or even skeptic or even mad....whatever your reaction is right now it will be nothing compare when they unveil the next lamborghini--its all good in lamboland--so far... :3some:

I think it's a concept car, new Espada maybe? Remember the Miura concept and than the LP640 came out with similar stop light design.. but the question is will they create a speculation for a concept car?

The area the teaser pic shows is the lower mid section of the rear of the car. It looks like the SV will follow some Reventon styling cues. This would make a lot of sense as giving the SV a totally different new look will increase sales just as the body changes from Murci to LP640 helped persuade buyers to trade up to the new model.

SVrear.jpg

I would really hate if this is an lp640 with new front and rear bumpers, new 1/4 panels, new front and rear lights, a couple of new gimmicks in the interior, some new wheels and 20 more HP. That would really suck. If thats the case and its just a murci/lp640 rebody, that would explain why no one has seen any test mules.

sense.jpg

I'm with Abolfaz! :lol2:

Do fish get thirsty?

Really though I hope its a new design instead of an entirely new car as it will help drive current Murci prices down a bit ;)

/Selfish off

I tried my hand at chopping that section in and tried to make it work. I couldnt. its evident that the changes are substantial. I dont think the Murcielago replacement is out of question yet. I just dont get what that big black shiny thing in the center is. the pics looks like its a rendering, and not a photo taken in a studio. either way, the lighting, angle and zoom of the picture makes it very difficult to judge depth and size.

Does anyone else think the car looks kind of narrow to be a Murci? Can you give yourself a head on view of the rear and still see the tires like you can in this pic? If the exhaust going to be that wide?

My other thought is that that big black panel is a glass panel within which LED taillights are housed. You won't see the lights until they're lit up, so when the car is still and the lights are not on, it just looks like a tinted black panel. Hmmm.

BUT, the overall shape and dimensions of the whole thing are still SO different from the LP640 that it makes no sense that they'd come up with a completely new body design (which this clearly is) and spend ALL that money on it just for a limited-run SV version of the Murci. This is a brand new "something." Whether it's the Murcielago's replacement or a third model, like a modern Espada, is anyone's guess.

I just don't see them doing an ENTIRE body redesign for just an SV version of the Murci. Too expensive, and it would take some of the thunder out of the Murci replacement a couple years from now.

I love these threads, we're about to have 20 pages of total shit that's gonna do nothing but elevate some people's post counts.

You guys kill me, nobody knows a damn thing about this car and won't for another 2 weeks. Give it a rest.

The area the teaser pic shows is the lower mid section of the rear of the car. It looks like the SV will follow some Reventon styling cues. This would make a lot of sense as giving the SV a totally different new look will increase sales just as the body changes from Murci to LP640 helped persuade buyers to trade up to the new model.

SVrear.jpg

Correct answer.

Not sure where people are going off on such a wild tangent with predictions. We already confirmed it's the Murcie SV. Yay. Now bring on the Murcie replacement please. kthxbai.

I love these threads, we're about to have 20 pages of total shit that's gonna do nothing but elevate some people's post counts.

You guys kill me, nobody knows a damn thing about this car and won't for another 2 weeks. Give it a rest.

Please! Give me a break. I know all about this car since I already own one. Driftracer is coming by later with a camera. He'll take the pics and I'll post them for you all to see. I also own Allan's old SV, too. He drove that thing so hard the brakes are still hot from when he owned it...pics of that when I get them off my crashed hard drive. I am looking at the history of Allan's old SV and note that you also used to own it. Small world!

when did this turn into a Ferrari board with everyone getting in line to all beat off over nothing???

and from what I can see, Im not impressed in the least bit

however, time will tell....

They just redesigned both cars. I don't think it's a replacement already.

It has to be something new.

SUV?

V8?

Station wagon?

I don't think I'm going to like the news.