CGT market. Where are we at?

abolfaz

Yesterday, car #220, 13,500 miles, silver/black, $285k. Other than the ones on ebay with the pie in the sky numbers, what are they really trading hands for?

Considering a new acquisition? I have seen them for as high as $450G's in the dupont and such. Seems the actual price of these thigns is all over the place with the dollar gaining value back on the Euro. Seems they arent leaving the country as fast as they were say a year ago. Sorry, probably not much help...

Prices are all over the place, if its less than 2500 miles expect to pay a huge premium, over 10 thousand miles and they appear to be a steal.

Very hard to "sneak up" on a CGT. Owners are sticking close to their numbers, and if someone really wants one, you have to step up. I don't see the car moving downward in the future{without additional miles}, although the pace has slowed these past 90 days. The CGT was one of the only cars to keep going up even through the winter last year.

Z8 too?

Mike, Black/Terracotta... low miles... can't go wrong whatever you pay for it.

It's weird you mentioned the Z8, it's a car I never really knew much about, but did some reading on, today.

I also looked at the prices, and they're holding steady at pretty much MSRP even though people have put up to about 4K on the odometer. Incredible, I was stunned!

285??

shit! wheres that at?!?!

link :)

btw, you were correct a year and a half ago about the increasing prices and cars all heading over the pond :(

I should have listened and got one back then for less with half the miles :(

13,500 miles. Silver is the easiest color to find etc etc etc. If you were looking for a Red, Yellow, Black or white car you would be at least $60k over that $285k (Which is an unsusually good deal) Cars with under 3k mikes and more desireable colors are still hovering around $400k.

13,500 miles. Silver is the easiest color to find etc etc etc. If you were looking for a Red, Yellow, Black or white car you would be at least $60k over that $285k (Which is an unsusually good deal) Cars with under 3k mikes and more desireable colors are still hovering around $400k.

since other colors than silver are so stupid high I plan to find a cheap silver one and respray it

$20-25k in my color choice of paint sure beats $60+ over and praying for the right color and good condition car at a fair price to ever come for sale

• 2 weeks later...
Brian, you forget the FGT.

Yes indeed! The FGT moved way up last winter and even into Spring.

The SLR did well also.

Weak dollar and overseas demand.

They have all slowed a bit, but still doing well considering where other cars are now value wise.

An FGT with higher single digit mile in the 150ish area would be good car and stable price wise.

• 1 month later...

I thought it was a private sale??

and its nice he feals he deserves a $55k profit too :rolleyes:

where do you see the CGT market in mid 2009 - fall 2010??

Im guessing 250k for higher milage and low 300s for lower milage (3-6k miles)

I thought it was a private sale??

It was, apparently to someone that flipped it to a dealer. This car was practically a DD for a local celebrity.

It was, apparently to someone that flipped it to a dealer. This car was practically a DD for a local celebrity.

ok, so where do you see the market going??

you called the Euro stuff with the CGT spot on

I watch Porsche boards and its comical to see how current owners are delusional thinking they own 400k+ car still and will continue to in the next couple of years while former owners and future ones can clearly see the market is on the way down. Just how far down idk.

To see a former owners say "Il sold my CGT 2,3,4,5, etc months back for 400k+, but if I tried to sell it today Ild be lucky to get 350k", says alot

I have the Lowest mileage (1,000 miles) black/black CGT in the country 2005 for $440,000.

The car is mint.

PM for details

• 6 months later...

Reviving this thread.

I am in the market for a CGT - seen some very divergent pricing on ebay and at dealers. Ideally looking for a sub 5000 mile car - in any but preferably not silver (athough I can get it painted I guess) - whats latest thinking on prices - what are they actually selling for?

Look to pay very low to mid three's for a nice car. Cars with high miles can be had for back of 300k if you look really hard. Be VERY careful to check not only CarFax but also call around on condition. When I was buying the last one I did, I came across a couple that had the front noses ripped off of them.